Upton Court Hotel and Holiday Cottages
US$135
US$126
US$144
US$140
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$181
US$175
  • Pool
Monart(Enniscorthy)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssean ogsthe cottagesjacuzzi bathself cateringmorriscastle beachall mod conscouldn't do enoughpepper saucefamily roomadults and childrenplay arealovely hotelsmall hotelwells houseenjoyable stayfunction roomhotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stopped off at sean ogs for dinner and found that there was at least 5 tables on entering the bar reserved so only room was in the back which didn't suit us . so we sat at the bar and said we would wait for a table to be free as we wanted to watch the hurling match . we didn't have to wait long as and got a table beside the fireplace . We went for the 4 course meal at a very good price of 20 euro. The Soup arrived out well presented but it was that thick i could have nearly cut it with a knife bread was wholemade but doughy when eating it .... The main course was Chicken mushroom and tarrogon with a creamy pepper sauce i asked for mine with chips NO Potatoes and green beans ONLY my partner only wanted the carrots and turnip .When it arrived out it was a chicken bacon wrap sitting on a bed of potatoes in a brownish sauce I asked the waiter where the creamy pepper sauce and mushrooms were and was told that they where in the stuffing and it was a pepper sauce I had to tell the waiter that i didn't order potatoes and could i have just chips please and the green beans only But i received all 3 veg and a chicken wrapped in a rasher on the plate with a side jug of sauce!! my partner got all 3 veg also .... The dessert was lovely Hot apple tart in custard All of the 5 reserved remained lying empty for over an hour while we where there .. must say i looked at the childrens menu and it was a very good one for anyone that thinking of going for a family meal But wouldn't be rushing back for a meal any time soon

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel just went for sunday dinner.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2014

stayed here for 3 days the room was big and very clean we felt very comfortable there the food was lovely and staff were very friendly over all we enjoyed our stay.the beach was only 5 mins away and was fab d kids stayed der for hours

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have always been an advocate of this hotel. I have a summer home within walking distance of Sean ogs and have frequented the bar very regularly for the last 6 years. As a family we would eat there also quiet a lot also , one of the strong points of Sean ogs is the excellent staff who work extremely hard and are always pleasant and Egar to please. However last Sunday was my first "off experience " in Sean ogs. We were a party of 4 adults and 3 children . We were seated in the large dinning room just off the bar , directly to the right adjacent to the waiter station. My first issue was the waiter station was messy in that for our whole sitting we had to look at dirty plates with half eating food on a trolley. I feel the location of a table near to this station needs to be addressed . We ordered our food from a very pleasant waitress. I requested that my sons burger meal be served with the starters. We waited an extremely long time , so much so a couple adjacent us came in after us and ordered after us were served before us. My sons burger meal arrived and we expected the 4 starters would arrive also , however this was not the case my son had his meal finished when our starters arrived. Our starters arrived in dribs and drabs and one was incorrect. We ordered 3 portions if garlic bread and a soup ( hardly rocket science) the waitress was apologetic over the mistake. Our main courses arrived soon after we had finished our starters and the food was excellent . I would ask you to try address the cleanliness of the waiter station, no one likes looking at dirty plates while eating. Could you also address the serving of children also, serving a child's meal with the starters means that ! Not leaving a child looking to be entertained as they have been feed , which means the adult cannot enjoy there meal. Also the issue with serving the correct starters all at the same time. I would like to say that it is the only time I have ever had a bad experience here. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Niall B
SeanOgs, General Manager at Upton Court Hotel and Holiday Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi Niall

Thank you for the very honest constructive review yesterday, I have read it over & over again. I appreciate the positivity in your review ( your observations on our hard working staff & that you are a repeat customer), but I do apologise to you for the overall unsatisfactory experience you & your family had on Sunday last. With regard to the confusion with the starters/childrens meal it is generally our practice to serve the childrens meals as promptly as possible, ideally at the same time if adults have ordered starters. Having investigated the issue on my return to work today it appears that there was a printer malfunction on Sunday afternoon which resulted on some orders not going through to the kitchen & that your party were not the only customers affected. Please dont think im making excuses, we were in the wrong & i am apologising for the error. Although Sunday was exceptionally busy, staff on duty should have kept the station in a tidier manner, the presence of a tray there for any length of time is most unusual & will not be happening again!!
I can assure you Sir that we have every intention of keeping up the good work as you mention in the last line of your review. I am exceptionally proud of all the staff here & have every confidence that this was an isolated incident. I look forward to welcoming you & your family back to the Hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Graham Bell
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

In total we had four double rooms and one single room and every single one of us were thrilled with our rooms. They were spotless and spacious. We had a 14 month old with us who is extremely busy and our room was ideal for him. We had a separate walk in wardrobe so he wasn't going through all our stuff and there was oceans of room for him to play.
I brought him downstairs at 7am to keep him quiet and the cleaner could not have been more helpful, he helped me carry toys down and then offered more than once to make me tea/coffee.
We also had a meal for 12 adults and 4 children and the staff were extremely nice. We added two seats at the last minute and this was no problem at all. The children were well taken care of and they were given lots of freedom. I will definitely be staying here again and will recommend highly to all my friends.

Room Tip: I was in three rooms of the hotel and they were all in different parts of the hotel and they were all fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sinbar
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found it to be a very pleasant experience.
Book in is not until 4pm, but we arrived at 3pm and the room was ready. The room was spacious and comfortable with the only let down being the shower was not great but at least it got the job done. We booked B&B and the breakfast was outstanding and was a real surprise as it was freshly made to order rather than a buffet style served by many other hotels we have stayed in. The breakfast was also served from 9am til noon which is great if you want to have a lie in.
We had dinner in the evenings too and food was also excellent with large portions and more than enough to leave you satisfied.
Staff were very friendly and courteous and always willing to help. Wifi could do with being improved as we couldn’t get cover in the bedrooms but all in all a great stay and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple