“It's like a little castle!!!”

Ffarm Country House
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent one night in this B&B and should we return to that part of Wales, this will definitely be our choice of accommodation. The inside of the bulding is as grand as the outside and the shared lounge is wonderful.
Beds are comfy and bathrooms are of a very high standard. Breakfast was very nice and made with quality ingredients.
Staff are friendly and happy to accommodate any requests.
I am surprised that this is only classed as a 4* rather than 5!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Baker-BP

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have stayed at a lot of similar places around the World, and this is amongst the very best. Everything was perfect. Good wi fi, a personal bugbear, especially as there was no phone reception, with Vodafone anyway. Wonderful house and room, Very spacious and functional bathroom. Susan and Stewart were just wonderful. Breakfast was fantastic. We can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank osspeak
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked this hotel due to the pictures being romantic and the shock effect.

I wanted to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday, we are both in our late 20s, I reviewed quite a few hotels in North Wales and this one came up. I knew straight away, just pulling up would have put a huge smile on her face, in reality this was a happy shocked moment for me, she nearly turned round as she thought we had gone to the wrong hotel, her face lit up with excitement and I could see a tear coming from her eye as we drove up the drive.

The location is breathtaking, driving through the little picturesque village. The hotel is set in its own grounds, with a fairly big grassed area to the right, parking the car was effortless, due to the excessive car parking spaces, facing the house.

As we walked up, we were greeted by a huge manor door and an original pull string bell, the owner opened the door and greeted us with a warm and friendly smile. We arrived a little early, but this was not a problem as our room had just been cleaned and made ready, we were shown into the lounge and was offered a selection of hot and cold drinks, we choose coffee and this was brought out in a coffee filter, rather than instant coffee.

After we had our drink and time to relax from the long drive, we were taken into the dinning room, then up the huge grand stairs and into our room. We had booked a luxury room and was given the Borneo suite.

The room was impressive, based on the first floor and at the front of the house, the room was very spacious, with a huge bed, a desk and large mirror, in the wardrobe we found a safe, ironing board and our dressing gowns, slippers and a full length mirror, we had a bed side table and lamp each, with the decor matching the age of the house, no expense spared with luxury refreshment tray and thick long curtains.

The star of the room was the bathroom, a huge walk in shower greeted us and towards the back was a half sunk bath, I'm fairly tall and the bath was big enough to stretch my legs, a mirror ran around most of the room, making it feel more spacious The toiletries where high value and not the cheap rubbish you find in lower star hotels. The room had a tv, digital box (all channels working) and a DVD player, they had a wide selection of dvd's on the landing, for us to choose from, the room was immaculate, not a hair insight.

Both owners made us feel very welcome. Breakfast is served between 8am and 10am, we had a choice of cereals, fruit and yogurts, as well as a full English breakfast, which was made to order.

Our stay was enjoyable and relaxing, it beat both our expectations and I would gladly stay again, other reviews said the cost was a little high, but I found it to be about right, due to the size of the room and a massive bathroom, if your looking for a relaxed stay in the country, this hotel is the one for you.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and pick the named suits, our room was one of the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boltonash
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having just returned from an all too brief stay, I can only say "thank you so much"- our little group were celebrating my father-in-laws 80th, and Stewart and Susan made us feel very welcome, and were so very accommodating of my disabled mother-in-laws needs.
The rooms are bright , comfortable and well equipped, and they serve the BEST black pudding ever!!
We will certainly be back- .......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to write this review for a while now. We stayed at Ffarm last year and we still talk about our stay there! Susan and Stewart (and mum) were absolutely fantastic hosts and their house is beautiful. They welcomed us and our children with open arms, were very informative about the area around them and they made wonderful dinner and breakfast. I can't remember which room we stayed in but it was at the front of the house and it was prefect. I hope to return to Ffarm someday.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank J B
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My family and I have all just returned from a short stay at Ffarm Country House, our only complaint is that we have only just found this lovely accommodation and only had a very brief stay (this time anyway!)
The building is stunning with lots of parking and comfortable and stylish communal areas and rooms. The owners were friendly and helpful and have created a beautiful haven. The rooms (we had 3 altogether) were elegantly decorated and spotlessly clean. The bathrooms were all very large and again very clean with beautiful fluffy towels. The bed was very comfy with a good quality mattress and duvet set.
The breakfast was very tasty with a nice variety to choose from.

My Dad particularly enjoyed sitting on the sun drenched patio in the morning reading his paper after breakfast and as we were a party of 6 adults it was convenient to have the use of the drawing room in the evening so that we could all sit down together for a chat.

Overall, we were very impressed with the location, comfort and hospitality of Ffarm Country house and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Florence and Coral rooms which had beautiful bathrooms with roll top baths and larg...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited here as a stop off for one night as we travelled around North Wales sightseeing.

The owners were a lovely family and really helpful.

The room was large, bright and very clean! The bathroom was stunning with its roll top bath. Very relaxing after walking and sightseeing!!!

We pre- booked an evening meal from a very versatile delicious menu. The price was excellent and the food was delicious, however, extremely large portions (we couldn't finish the cheese board even though it was amazing!) They also had an excellent wine menu. As they don't routinely cook meal unless pre-booked this made the experience really special. We were the only couple in a beautiful dining room having our meal. It was very intimate and the owners made us feel so special.

Breakfast the next say was also very good, it was also nice to see other members of the family helping out with the business!

The surrounding grounds were also beautiful and the hotel is quite accessible (well as can be with the country roads in that area).

We would definitely stay again!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomihc88

Been to Ffarm Country House? Share your experiences!