“Wonderful stay”

Ffarm Country House
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for one night with our daughter in the Venice room in July. We received a very warm welcome, the room was superb, and the surroundings beautiful. We were sorry we had to leave after the magnificent breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We decided to spend our wedding anniversary at the Ffarm after I visited on business some five years ago and always wanted to go back. Since then the Ffarm has been purchased by new owners who certainly know how to treat guests and do this wonderful building such justice. friendly efficient and amazing cooks, we had a meal to die for and a wonderful breakfast.
The atmosphere the owners create is tasteful and laid back and makes a great change from those run of the mill mainstream hotels. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and next time we will push the boat out and stay in a deluxe room. Thank you Stewart and Susan for a wonderful stay!,,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I say almost, because my room Florence was beautifully appointed, but bearing in mind this is a country house in the middle of beautiful countryside, my view was disappointingly of a huge bush ten feet from my window and a skip full of roofing debris.
Almost too because they couldn't accommodate me for dinner as I had only booked the day before (I was informed on booking). They did though share it with me as the smell of cooking food wafted through the first floor landing as I came out of my room. Really not very nice so In a way I was glad I had to jump into my car to drive 4 miles down the lanes to the White Lion for some fresh air.
It was annoying that the village had no hostelries though, and after 280 miles on the road that day, I had another 8 to drive to get my dinner. Only one pint so not really chilled!
Breakfast was really enjoyable. Fresh local produce, well cooked and presented.
Throughout my stay the owners did everything they could to ensure I enjoyed my stay.
I can really see that some guests would find everything "excellent" if they had the views and dinner. I didn't, so it fell short of top marks particularly as there was no wifi during my stay in any area of the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you understand the room being offered is likely to meet all your expectations. If you want...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is a little tricky to find but well worth it. It is a beautiful building with wonderful decor inside and very pleasant and helpful owners who will fall over backwards to please. It is not cheap but certainly worth paying that bit extra for. We pre- ordered a meal and were served in the sumptuous dining room by the hosts Stewart and Susan and we felt that nothing was too much trouble. There is an extensive wine list at very reasonabe prices. Breakfast is highly recommended. The room was slightly smaller than I had expected (Himalayan) but if we returned we would choose a different one. (Hemingway looked better). Only downside was there was no phone signal anywhere around so ok if you literally want to switch off for a while.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Excellent stay. Lovely old house with great owners.
The room which accommodated a family of 4 was wonderful. Breakfast fantastic. We stayed in for an evening meal which was wonderful. Overall fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were very very disappointed when Stewart gave us our room Cusco and Quito for us and our freinds( very small room, no one view except a wall beyond 2 or 3 meters and the washroom in a "cupboard"!!) these are not at the correct level with that wonderfull Country House.
Happily the 2 first nights the rooms Hemingway and Borneo was free !!!

We had the chance to upgrade our booking for 2 nights
These rooms (Hemingway and Borneo ) are highly recommendable! Wonderfull view , big size of washroom ; in two words thes rooms are at the right level with the rest of the Ffarm Country House:
Warm and friend welcome
Service perfect
Breakfast excellent
Advises for excellent adress for diner around
In conclusion:
An excellent and charming Hotel if you choose the right bedrooms

Room Tip: Choose only rooms Hemingway or Borneo.....wonderfull
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We knew we were onto a winner when Susan's excellent directions took us right up their drive to the front door of this unusual small country house hotel (8 bed rooms). While we stayed on a B & B basis, we did indulge in an excellent evening meal, tailor made to our requirements, the service & food was second to none, with an extensive wine list. The overall ambiance inside & out attributed to a relaxing stay. This hotel has the best of both worlds, being situated in the country near the hills, but close enough to the sea to cater for all tastes. The hotel was clean and very comfortable with excellent hosts. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in Florence (the room name), if you are looking for luxury in bathing, this good size shower...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Ffarm Country House? Share your experiences!