“I agree, its terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B

The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betws yn Rhos
The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B
Conwy
“I agree, its terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We took Mum for mothers day lunch a few days after the official day, it was dark, completley lacking atmosphere, and VERY dated. Scruffy appearance, OOD signage, and the food took 40 minutes to arrive, and when it did, it was terrible. Cold, and tasteless.
We complained of course, but had little response. I was so incensed that I sent my wife and my mother to the car, and asked to speak with the management. The barman rang "downstairs" butsaid no-one was available - although he had just spoken to his manageron the phone!
I siad I was paying only £5 for the whole experience ( bill was around £20 ) and gave him my phone and car registration - no one bothered to contact us. TERRIBLE experience and we shall NEVER return. We live 20 minutes away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TimConwy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have been coming here since I was about 4.. I am now 20 I have many memories from here through growing up, This place is a gem. I have always found it is very homely and once your in you don't want to go back out! The food is absolutely amazing and I would recommend anyone to try the beef sunday dinner. I came along with my dad yesterday after not coming for a couple of years and this pub still has the homely feeling. I have never stayed here in one of the rooms so couldn't comment, I'm sure they are spot on though! The only thing I can critize on is the portion of veg shared between 2 with the Sunday dinner- It was enough but a small portion. I have reccomened this pub to family and friends and will never stop coming to this hidden gem.
Beautiful :-)

• Stayed March 2012
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We had an evening at the Wheatsheaf Inn while we were staying nearby. The owners were very welcoming & as we had 3 children with us they were more than happy to accommodate our needs. We had a lovely meal & a very enjoyable evening in this very cosy Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My Fiancée and I come here on our first date a few years back, so it was very fitting that he should ask me to marry him here. Lisa and Bernard, couldn’t not have been more helpful, if they tried. Even, going that extra mile to make the table look so nice and the chef making chocolate hearts for our desserts. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere is wonderful.
We hadn’t planned on spending the night but they had a room free, the room as clean, tidy and the bathroom as spotless, plenty of tea and coffee in the room. Breakfast was lovely as well and if you didn’t want the breakfast they would of made us a packed lunch.
We will definitely be going back again and again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Always pop into the Wheatsheaf after shopping at Llandudno on our way home for some tea. W e love it there always get a home cooked meal. Lisa and Bernard are very welcoming. All day serving food too on a sunday which is great for us, dog friendly too proper little country pub with a lovely fire to greet you not many of these places left now been going there for years with my children too.Havent taken my dog there yet have to give him a trip out bet he will love it too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie R
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

We Live in a village which is quite close to the Wheatsheaf Inn and have over the years frequented the Inn for meals.on many an occasion but never wrote a review for Trip Advisor.
I Think it is about time we did.
In all the times we have had a meal we have never had one complaint.
It was always served hot Quick and Very Tasty.
It has been a while since we went last for a meal however so when we past the other day we called in for a swift one at the bar.
The place hasnt changed at all, It is after all quite a few Hundred Years old and it is set in one of Wales nicest Villages. So what more could you ask for,yes its off the Beaten Track so why not give this place a try and stay a night or two. You will not be Dissapointed Guaranteed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CUMBRIAVIEW
Howden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

A lovely character pub in a quiet, pretty village. Hosts Bernard and Lisa were really welcoming and offered great food, great beer, a relaxed atmosphere and comfortable rooms.
Our family room was large, warm, clean and nicely furnished with a great en suite.
Bernard cooked a lovely breakfast which set us up for the day.
The evening meal was enjoyed by everyone in our party, and the chef took the trouble to cater to our personal requests.
The bar is traditional and cosy with two real fires and some comfy sofas to relax in.
There are lots of places to explore locally and further afield and the surrounding area is really pretty.
Overall I can highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: The spacious en suite family room was a good size