“The best pub in Wales... In (not just) my opinion.”

The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betws yn Rhos
The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B
Reviewed 27 February 2013

A'up fellow tripadvisor peeps, its me Sonny Ingrid 'ere. Its been a while since I wrote my last epic review- My fingers have been covered in spam batter and i've only just managed to lick them clean.

Sit down, relax and let me tell you a tale to warm the heart...

It all began in a little town called Betws-Yn-Rhos. After overcoming the excitement of the palpable car sack and excitable noises, I arrived at the Wheatsheaf Inn with a taste for some fine drinkables. My rather Handsome companion joined me on this merriment once again. I let my prince charming order the drinks at the bar. This was mainly due to fighting off my urges to pounce on the handsome and friendly bar staff.

It was quiz night, or so the 3 questions (which went in the order of 1, 2 and then all of a sudden 57) would have you believe. This meant the so called 'best seats' were taken, however it soon became apparent that it would be a case of 'more fool them' because I got to witness some wonderful sights from my vantage point.

The table we picked was right next to a door, which obviously led to a walled room with nothing in but an oven, and had the added bonus of being within ear shot to old men conversing about what one would imagine being how the youth of today need a good fist shaking at.

The romantic atmosphere that this place generates was emphasised by the the bloke at the bar trying to seduce his girlfriend with romantic poses and slight rubs of the foot. Furthermore, there seemed to be romantic bolognese being served.

After knocking back a few tasty suds, I began to appreciate more than just the company I was with and the friendly atmosphere- An Adonis of a man wearing the finest threads this side of Llandudno was patrolling the bar area.

If I had to give this place a rating then I would most certainly give it 5 pin stripes out of 5. It certainly is 'The best pub in Wales.... In my Opinion'

xkissmeimcontagiousx

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SonnyIngrid

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights earlier in January. Had a great stay, staff and management were very friendly..I understood they have taken over recently so keep up the good work. Great food and nice atmosphere. Really recommend it to anyone visiting this area of Wales.

Room Tip: Haven't seen the other rooms but room 1 was good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This little place is value for money, lovely rooms, lovely atmosphere and friendly people we had a lovely time and the food is "the best pub grub I have ever tasted"!! Strongly recommend this place for a lovely peaceful break away

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I used to frequent the pub for one pint with my small friendly dog which the owners welcomed.one particular day I entered,I sat on a solitary table away from people ordered my drink then told I was not allowed to stay with my dog.i asked for a refund of my drink and left in disgust.because the restaurant was full and owners were hoarding customers into the bar area to eat I was not welcome anymore with my pet.I also recall the owners comments when they first took over regarding previous customers,quote some of the old ones come in here share a meal then ask for a glass off water,it's a joke ! What harm did them customers ever do ?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary D
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

Well I don't understand the last review. As we arrived the young landlady was putting away her polish then lighting the open log fires . The young couple were very sweet and welcoming and apparently are new. We stayed in the b&b rooms. Clean tidy . Ok not super smart decor but it had a new ensuite shower and is really good value for money. Pretty location and good Craic with the locals. We'd go again. Hubby likes his real ale and he said it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank kanga1961
Reviewed 8 November 2012

friendly atmosphere and really enjoyed our meal. had a few drinks later in front of the log fire which was so homely. great place to go would recomend to anyone. I went with my partener and another couple and would be very happy to take my children to the wheatsheaf.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeff h
Reviewed 15 September 2012

stopped off in this very nice village for a drink and a bite to eat , it was so nice we went back in the evening and had a pleasant evening with the very friendly locals and the owners of the inn lisa and brendan , who made us feel very welcome . we had our little border terrier with us and she was made to feel very welcome too by one of the locals children who made a big fuss of her . will return here for a few drinks soon , and this time we will probably stay in the inn .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ste041

Been to The Wheatsheaf Inn and B&B? Share your experiences!