“A great bed and breakfast.”
Review of The Cottage Inn

The Cottage Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentrefelin
The Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Pentrefelin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The room was lovely, very nice decor, very clean. Lovely en suite all beautifully tiled. Very comfortable bed too. The food was excellent, lots of choice - lemon mousee is particularly amazing. The service was very attentive generally and in the restaurant. Quiet road - no problem with noise. The new management certainly are doing a great job. Would certainly come again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 12 January 2013

My friends and I found The Cottage Inn by chance as we were travelling on the road from Llandeilo towards Cardigan at lunchtime.. There were three of us, two of us disabled... good wheelchair access. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. We sat near a beautiful big log fire to have our lunch, one of my friends asked for something that wasn't even on their extensive menu (fussy bugger!) and they were more than happy to oblige. Food was delicious, the portions were huge so make sure you leave room for the scrumptious desserts. Lush filter coffee too. We look forward to taking a trip out there again soon and have already been recommending it to our friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Living locally we visit here quite frequently, simply because it is probably the best restaurant / pub in Llandeilo!

The service is always friendly even when the staff are busy. The rooms are well decorated and there are two, a bar section and a restaurant. Meals can be ordered in both, but TV can sometimes be on in the bar and can be popular during live televised matches.

The owner often greats his patrons personally if he is not too busy to welcome them and make sure they are seated where they want etc.
The food choices are either from the set menu (choices include usual pub meals, grills etc.) or chefs specials which change regularly. We have had various meals (fish and chips, curries, steaks) and they have all been delicious. Ample quantity, always home-cooked, and fresh veg. Hand-cut chips are great!
Desserts are always different and again, home-cooked. Usually a choice of 5-6 desserts. Again, always brilliant.

Prices for mains range from £6-£18
Princes for desserts from £3-5

Well recommended if passing through Llandeilo as just off the A40. Can be busy most nights, but reservations usually needed for Friday and Saturday evenings due to being so popular.

Crazy to think this place was so poor two years ago before it changed hands, but a massive turn-around.

Try it, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I staggered into the Cottage Inn after practically swimming through floods and storm - lost. I was firmly rescued my mine host Brian - given a superb three course dinner in an antique restaurant, given a phone to call home and reassure my family, given clear helpfuyl directions to complete my journey.

It was a tough drive after that - over the mountains with flooding coming over my wheels in places! Without that hot strengthening dinner, and the solid kindness that warmed my heart, I don't think I'd have made `it.

French onion soup - leek and chicken pie - rhubarb crumble - coffee - all served in meticulously clean surroundings, with white `cloths and Kings style silverware. The friendly atmosphere was just as good as`the home cooked food.

I'll definitely bring my family next time.

Room Tip: Just go for dinner if you don't need a night away.You'll want to stay there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shan M
Reviewed 6 November 2012

After 4 visits I can categorically confirm that this is my first choice in Carmarthenshire.
The accommodation is five star, always meticulously spotless and all rooms are peppered with those little touches rarely found in even the most opulent establishments. The décor [especially in Room No 1] would not be out of place in a stately home.
The staff, without exception could not be more courteous or helpful and it was wonderful on my most recent stay to receive the kind of welcome normally reserved for the dearest member of my own family!
If I have a complaint, it's the food! All my favourite dishes are to die for but... you will need to diet before and after your stay because the portions are man-size to say the very least.
Even if my business takes me some distance away, I will always opt for The Cottage Inn as being
The Only Place to Stay.

Room Tip: I expressed a likeness for No 1 and now, whenever possible, it's allocated to me!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wlchubb
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Have stayed at the Cottage Inn several times. I'm always received like family. The food is great, although not good for my waist line. Bryan and Ainsley are great hostes, their staff very helpful and always have a smile. It is my favourite place to stay when I'm in the region. Strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 have the best WiFi connection
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

A very friendly pub; I had b. and b. and other meals, all of which I enjoyed. The staff were all lovely and attentive. The room was very comfortable. I even managed to do my 'work'on a wet day! The location is good for enjoying the wooded and beautiful countrside, gardens and historical visits, as well as seeing South Welsh towns. There is a welcoming wood fire which cyclists and travellers enjoy in cooler weather. The pub and restaurant are popular with local people and visitors alike.
I look forward to staying at The Cottage again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JMB1239

Been to The Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!