See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2015

I stayed at this hotel with my two daughters for 3 nights in August 2015. The location is fantastic, facing the beach, and with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from. It is, however, a good ten minute walk from the centre of the town.

The hotel is old and very worn. We had two rooms, one on the second floor and another on the third floor. There is a lift on site but it's very small.

The room on the second floor had a balcony facing the sea. From the photos I saw of the hotel originally, I got the impression that the balcony was large enough to sit out on with a chair and table. It wasn't. And if you were to sit out on it you'd be sitting on a flat roof as that is what the balcony was resting on. There were cigarette ends all around the flat roof so not particularly enticing to sit out. The double doors that opened onto the balcony wouldn't shut right unless you pushed the bottom of them hard with your foot.

The bathroom floor was fitted out with black mosaic tiles which I didn't like. The grout on the tiling around the bath was grey and dirty. And the bathroom door wouldn't close properly.

The rooms are not soundproof. I could hear the people in the next room talking and coughing. And when they decided to play a recording of the bagpipes for half an hour I nearly cracked up altogether. Because the hotel is old I could hear floorboards creaking above me.

My daughters room was on the floor above. The corridor was completely dark and at one stage she had to feel her way along the corridor to get to her room.

There were cracks in the ceiling, dirty corners in the room, but the worst of all was the stained skirting on the bed. Not wanting to spoil my holiday by complaining I did my best to ignore it, but it was absolutely disgusting.

On check out we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay. On check in we weren't given very much information on the hotel or its facilities either.

The only thing going for this hotel is the view if you get a Seaview room, and the sound of the sea at night, which is the only reason I gave two stars.

It was a very expensive hotel to stay in and in my opinion not worth the money. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

The hotel is +100 years old and has been classified as a monument. It's glory days may be past, but it is still charming (oak-floored dining room, Art Deco stairway to the reception area, a large sun/reading room with comfortable couches), the rooms are spacious, the restaurant overlooks the ocean, the hotel and restaurant staff are very friendly and accommodating and there is a thalassotherapy center (additional cost, not included in the room rates) with access to a heated salt water pool and massages and very friendly staff. Because it's an old building, the third floor is quieter than the 1st or 2nd floor, but we stayed on the 2nd floor which was fine with us. The hotel is dog-friendly which gives it a relaxed atmosphere. I loved sleeping with open windows and waking up to the sound of the waves on the beach across the street.

Room Tip: if you stay here you must ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2014

This hotel is wonderfully situated, with beautiful sea views. But very tired and now much over priced, living on past days of glory.There is much potential, but this grand old dame of a building requires T.L.C

Room Tip: The only redeeming factor about this hotel is the wonderful sea view - make sure you face the sea not the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie12737
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely old fashioned hotel with lovely rooms, I had a fantastic sea view which was a bonus. The staff were very accommodating. The restaurant was charming and the breakfast far better than the normal French breakfast. The hotel could do with a makeover but it was charming, parking was also a very handy extra, all in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel is a big old building at the beach. Looks a little spooky. Our room was very big, clean with Seaview. Fantastic Lobby & Restaurant. Though the Hotel is old and would need a renovation we like to the style and Athmosphere here.
As noted in another review, the lift is small and the corridors are a bit gloomy, but that really made the special Athmosphere in the Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Seaview!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple