“Outstanding”

Price range: £79 - £237
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2016

This three Michelin starred restaurant obviously provides fantastic food. The restaurant is very stylish, but not over the top. The staff are great and perfectly balance between deference and cheeky. I had a slight fear the place might be very starched and stuffy, but it blends quality and informality very well. A memorable evening and a great experience. And the food! Wow!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Your first experience is the bar. Would recommend this is also your last. Ask the barman for his champagne recommendations, well worth it and will get the rest of the evening off on a high.
The head waitress is first class - talk through with her what you are looking for from your evening.
As my wife doesn't eat too much we designed a meal between us as I knew she would be over faced by either of the tasting menus.
The food was very, very good - but to be blunt you should expect that. There is excellent attention to detail, starting with the bread - shipped in for what they describe as the best bakers in France and I can see why.
We had a delightful meal. There were a couple of things I would have done slightly differently, but that is personal preference not poor performance eg thickness of jui - we prefer more and lighter.
The taste and presentation of all the courses was very good.
The only thing I would say is it is quite formal in style, this is not to say it isn't relaxed, it is just that at some other three star restaurants we have been to, particularly in Italy, we find there is more 'theatre' but again this is personal preference.
I mentioned going back to the bar. We finished the evening with calvados, again recommended by the barman.
The evening couldn't have been bettered.
This is of course an expensive experience but is well worth it if you have the resources to pay for it.
The chef came to talk to us at the end of the meal and ask us how we enjoyed the meal. We were so delighted with our experience and he was so lovely and sincere we did not have the heart to tell him the very minor adjustments we would have preferred, maybe next time but then I will know what to say up front and I am sure they will deliver.
Life is a learning experience. Try it.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 17 May 2016

See my review of the Hotel , if you stay here then you can enjoy the restaurant to the full, it's worth it ! We had dinner but there has been plenty of locals in for Sunday lunch which is always a good sign .

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We got last minute reservations here as the restaurant we originally booked in Reims couldn't find our reservations. We were surrounded by servers who scurried around delivering small bites, refilling our bread and water. There were extras served through out the dinner even though we ordered al a carte..an appetizer and an array of candies and treats after the meal before dessert. The bill was substantial and I would not recommend coming here on a budget. There were no prices on the ladies menu. My husband did not want to share what he paid and said it was an evening to remember which it was. As we left we were presented with a small bag of bread....perhaps to tide us over the next day if we spent too much on dinner!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Been here many time , never get bored of the dishes , anything eveything are absolute amazing . Clearly that's the reason I keep returning as much as I possible could .

Date of visit: April 2016