“Very crazy service, very good meal”
Review of Le Redouille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Redouille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
JMJ Pottery Chesterfield
“Very crazy service, very good meal”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

In the area of foie gras, geziers and magret de canard it was a very interesting experience to go to Le Redouille. We booked late and walked from Hotel de la Promenade to the restaurant arriving at 20.45, the table was not ready and we were seated in the bar area and not offered an aperitif, or menus. We waited and were entertained by a furious argument issuing from the kitchen, between the inept waiter and the chef. Eventually we were shown to our table outside on the patio, a very pleasant setting and there were about ten other diners. The table was not set properly and the waiter had not much idea about what was happening, rushing backwards and forwards, so I collected glasses and side plates and spoon served our bread without him even realizing, much to the amusement of the other diners. Eventually the menu arrived and we chose our food, which was good and worth the wait and the odd service.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank janine-mj

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, attentive service”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We celebrated my sister's 50th birthday here. Unfortunately we hadn't booked, so that meant that we were seated in the restaurant itself rather than on the lovely terrasse, but beyond that, everything was perfect.
Fixed price menu's are at 21 euros and 31 euro's, we had a combination of both between us and everyone enjoyed their meal. One of our party didn't fancy anything from the range of starters and requested just a simple tomato salade which presented no problem to the waiter and was produced beautifully with a fresh and seasonal dressing.
Despite the fact that our inpromptu arrival that evening was clearly stretching the waiting staff on an already busy night, we were not neglected in the restaurant (we were the only people in there), and we received attentive (perhaps not "speedy"!) service all night. The waiter tolerated our intermittent French and gave individual attention to all of us.
Definitely recommend ... but make sure you book. Unsurprisingly it is popular!

• Visited August 2012
St Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We asked at our hotel for recommendation of a restaurant for our private celebration.
Le Redouille could not have been a better suggestion. When asked where we we staying, the owner was surprised that we had come to their restauarant and wished to know why. When we explained the reason they made an extra special effort and even brought in a small celebration cake as an extra which was most surpising and all the other diners and satff sang 'Happy Anniversaire' to us. Embarrassing but lovely and something very special to remember. The final icing on the evening was that the owner's husband (head chef!) took us back to our hotel at no extra charge.
Excellent food, excellent wine and lovely ambience and very courteous and friendly staff.
We cannot praise them enough for helping to make our anniversary a very special and memorable occasion.

• Visited August 2011
Los Angeles, California
“RUDE SERVICE”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

They say that the French are rude but I didn't experienced it til I dined here. I came here for lunch to treat my host. The decor is nice and French --blue and yellow theme. There were like four other tables besides us. Customers were at least +40 years. I am in my 30s and my host- French male believe is in his 60s. Our waitress, who might have been the owner - +50s "healthy" French woman looked at us, was short and said quickly, "I don't speak English" in French when I asked her nicely if she knew English. Lo and behold 10 minutes later I hear on the phone speaking in English!!! Her English was better than my parents and she was talking business. WTH!? I told my host not to speak to her, that I should I do all the talking--in English. And I did, I spoke in English. And the !@&%# spoke in English back and didn't apologized. By then, I think she might have realized that my host and I weren't an item, and that I was paying for the meal. The food was fantastic but I am just disgusted by the rude service.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank vavamos
Los Gatos
“Why Our Hotel Didn't Recommend This Fantastic Restaurant Puzzles Me”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Thanks to all who take time to write reviews, we are glad we didn't go to the restaurant our Hotel suggested and went to this wonderful place instead. Wow what a delicious dinner. We enjoyed our stay in Souillac but didn't plan on returning however after dining at Le Redouille we'll definitely return to eat there again & again.

• Visited April 2012