“Great place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Dieppe
Hayes, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Stay here for one night before heading across Normandy, great location lovely clean room and great breakfast if in area again would highly recommend. I was worried at first being a casino but stayed on a Saturday night no issue at all. No noise and really friendly staff

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed here with my daugther for a sports tournament over the weekend.

Location was excellent - only a two minute walk to the main shopping street and 5 minutes to the harbour side restaurants.

We booked a suite type room with sea view - panoramic windows over looking the sea that you could actually open as well as efficient A/C. Room was clean and tidy.

Not much English spoken but a good chance to practice long forgotten French and mutual sign language was all that was needed

Wifi was free and worked really well, Breakfast was serverd nice and early and seemed be a good range compared what I remember from other French hotels

No noise from the casino until the staff all left for home at the same time at 03:45.

Room Tip: Loved the sea fron view - but you pay for the privilege
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Great location - On the coast, blocks from the Castle on the hill and great downtown the other direction. But, smells like smoke in lobby and hallway. Parking lot fits about 8 cars. Wife and I had normal size bed (that also took up the whole room) but my side was completely broken. They understood zero English, yet Dieppe is known to be a popular spot for London travelers. the lady who checked us in was very nice and helpful, but the person who checked us out was extremely annoying. We parked out front and were loading the car up and she grabbed the (casino) security guy and came to the door to watch me load the car the whole time until I cam back in. We are two 40 year olds and she kept asking me for my key to prove it was me when i went up the elevator. Can't figure that out.

BUT, for the exact same price, on the ocean too, a couple doors down is the Hotel De La Plage we stayed the next night and was excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure the bed is not BROKEN and (if you are not a smoker) make sure it's non smoking. Doubt...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Although I have been staying in Dieppe for the past 35 years or so, this was my first visit to the Casino Hotel. With most of the other seafront hotels closed for the winter I was very pleased to have the opportunity to try somewhere new.
The rooms are all on the 3rd floor. Therefore all of the seaview rooms have a commanding view out to sea. Not the greatest sight in the winter, but well worth waiting for in the spring and summer.
The room was exceptionally clean, the bed comfortable and the shower hot with a decent water flow.
Difficult therefore to arrive at anything other than a positive conclusion. The price was less than most of the other hotels on the seafront strip as well. So a winner all round and now installed as my number two choice when staying in town.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Like the previous reviewer I too was sceptical on arrival but pleasantly surprised once we got in the rooms. We stayed one night in August with our two young sons so had interconnecting rooms. The rooms themselves were very comfortable spacious and modern in decor. Good ensuite bathroom size in our room in particular.

No real noise from the casino and the bar was fine and had a nice view over the bay. Didn't have breakfast there so can't comment. Dieppe is very pretty and slightly off the tourist trail. There was a super market on the Saturday morning we were there which I believe takes place every week.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night & quite liked it. It is located across from the beach, near a recreational centre and next door to the Mercure Hotel. I have to say that our initial impression when we walked into the hotel was "oh-oh". The lobby carpeting is a bit shabby and there is a faint stale smell, almost like stale cigarette smoke. As you face the front desk, the entrance to the casino is on the left - this may be the source of the smell, as apparently they have a "ventilated" room for the smokers in the casino. The front desk person was very nice and helpful. Our room was #321 - the third floor is the only level with rooms. The room is a good distance down the corridor from the elevator; I always appreciate having a room far from the "ding-ding" of the elevator & its doors! The hallway smelled new, as in new carpet/paint smell. It seemed to be very soundproof as well, as we heard no noise from any of the rooms. Our room was on the small side but this was expected by us. It was decorated nicely and was bright & clean. Good toiletry items provided, especially the soap - a large bar! Wood/laminate floors, which I prefer over carpeted rooms. Beds were two good sized single size beds pushed together to form what I think would be akin to a king sized one. Comfortable, we both slept very well there. I was amazed at how quiet it was - there definitely were other people staying on our floor as I heard the odd noise but not a peep otherwise. We did have breakfast, which wasn't much but enough to get us going - a selection of meats, cheese, breads, juice and coffee....which I have to say, tasted a bit burned to me, as though it had been left on a burner too long. (I need my coffee in the a.m. so I am disappointed when the coffee tastes bad!) We would stay here again, based on how well we slept, the nice staff and good location. Within a 10 minute walk, there are very many restaurants to chose from for lunch and dinner(see my review on "Bistrot des Barrières)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cocotel
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Good size rooms, especially bathrooms, with excellent sea views. Beds ok - might be hard for some people. Useful car park across the street and a short walk in to the central shopping area. Helpful staff. But minimal breakfast over-priced at 10 euros for bread and coffee.

The hotel is above a casino so if you like slot machines, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2012