“New years eve stay”
Review of Hotel les Arcades

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dieppe
Hotel les Arcades
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Dieppe
Brighton, United Kingdom
“New years eve stay”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

At the last minute we decided to go to Dieppe to see ion the New Year. I had heard that Les Arcades was good. We managed to get a room and also booked for the New Years eve dinner. The room was excellent overlooking the harbour. The dinner was also fantastic value for money at 50 Euros a head
I noticed a couple of reviews complaining about the staff. In our experience they could not have been more helpful and friendly even when under pressure on this busy night
I am just about to book again for a couple of nights
Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Derbyshire
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here for a few nights along with a group all travelling in Edwardian/vintage cars. We cannot praise the owners Matthieu and Karine , plus their staff enough. Their enthusiasm was incredible. They organised a picnic for us which was superb and all the meals we had at the hotel were first class. Yes it was quite noisy at night but only because we had our window open ( it was the middle of the summer holidays.) Not the poshest hotel in the world but clean and comfortable and In a superb location overlooking the harbour, we would definitely go back. I cannot believe the review which says the staff were rude.

Room Tip: our room was at the front so it was noisy at night with the window open but the view more than made...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny S
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Our room was on the 5th floor (stairs after the lift to the fourth floor), and our stay was on the weekend. On Sunday morning, there was a fish market on the port, which I believe attracted lots of seagulls, who loved to squirk very loudly at our windows and ceilings at 6:30 in the morning... And apart from one grumpy employee, owners were delightfully helpful and very sympathetic, very welcoming. And apart from the fact that the toilet did not have a seat in the bathroom, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. Since I priorize location when choosing a hotel, I would recommend this hotel as long as there isn`t a fish market the next day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alice S
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I never ever meet a staff that ever been this rude and unprofessional, I can't understand why they are in the service business at all! Please ask to see the rooms before you pay. The whole hotel smells like cheap cleaning products and the room are poorly decorated and almost falling apart.
Please book an other hotel or just don't visit Dieppe. The whole town was sleepy, rude and gray.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Hejaagnes

Travellers are raving about these Dieppe hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is a quaint hotel located in a very central location. Views of the port are great and many good restaurants are nearby - especially port side. It very walkabe from the train station and close to the beach. Historically this place means a great deal being Canadian. But I would come back for the ambience, uthentic French small town feel, and surprisingly remarkable food. I'd stay once again at the Hotel les Arcades - which has good value.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
true brit
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I am so glad I didn't believe those who gave bad reviews to this fantastic and friendly hotel. I really don't understand the complaints about food and cleanliness. It was a wonderful trip from start to finish for us. From the moment we walked in the door until the taxi was arranged for our departure, the staff were kindness and friendliness itself. The rooms were exquisite and the food delicious, fresh, varied and beautifully served. The situation of the hotel could not have been more central and picturesque. Walking out in the mornings onto the harbour where fresh fish was being sold straight from the boats, wandering through the narrow streets and market, and hanging out in genuine French cafes, hiking through the hills or sitting on the beach, before returning to our cosy, friendly second home could not have contributed more to a lovely week of French hospitality and culture. The four of us who went thoroughly recommend this family and their beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Den haag
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We got Wine That was too cold and my meat was grilled too much, it was Black on one side and they troef to cover that whit sauce. When I said something about that they treated me like I was Nothing but trouble. Expensive but no value for money!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple