“cheap, but it wasnt good value for money”
Review of Hotel Stars Rouen

Hotel Stars Rouen
Leominster, United Kingdom
“cheap, but it wasnt good value for money”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

No Light in the bathroom - the Lady said she would change it - but she didn't, No Toilet Paper, only one towel between 2, no plug for the sink, the shower hose ran from the hand basin taps.

This might have been cheap, but it wasn't good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

such a dirty place with spider's web, running bugs, Jackson pollock's carpet and Alcatraz bathroom. you won't feel alone, the neighbors conversations are really clear and the little animals are cute and silent. shall I write more...

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Peperkakor

Travellers are raving about these Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray hotels

Leicester
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed for a stop over on our way back to Calais. We were a bit worried by the location as it didn't seem central at all and was nothing like the Rouen we'd seen on our previous stop over near the Cathedral. Like the other negative reviewers, the bed was horrible. We didn't sleep a wink. It stank of stale cigarettes. The mattress was very uncomfortable. The single "pillow" we each had barely justified the name. Also, the hotel is very noisy, we heard very other conversation, toilet flush and tap throughout the hotel. The "double" room was very small and came with one towel, one complementary plastic beaker and one complementary soap. The shower only worked when you used the plug to jam it on. Even the water from the tap smelled horrid. We left as soon as we could and we won't be visiting again. Do yourself a favour pay the extra 20E to stay at Coeur de City Rouen Cathedrale.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 16.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert C
London
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I think some of the reviews are a little unfair. For 41 euros you should be expecting basic and that's what this hotel is.
However we found it 100% better than the Formule 1 up the road. For a start we had our own, albeit small, bathroom and it had a reception area and outside area which f1 doesn't.
Rooms were clean, staff were friendly and it was fine for one night. Plus pizza restaurant a few doors away is seriously good and full of locals.

• Stayed July 2011
London
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed at the Stars hotel for a night on way back to the UK and it was a lit better than the Formule 1 up the road where we stayed on our way down.
Hotel is of course basic as you would expect for 41 euros but it was clean, safe, and staff were polite and friendly. And had an, albeit tiny, bathroom ensuite which the F1 didn't.
Also if you do stay be sure to visit the pizza restaurant a few doors away which is seriously good and packed with locals!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank KLC113
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I booked one day before I arrived in France on Expedia. I was mostly disappointed because I booked it under deals. So I thought I was getting a better hotel for a lower price. The map did not show well enough where it was. I learned my leasson and will go to mapquest or google earth first and get much more detailed directions. Especially when you don't speek the language. I was near tears when I arrived at the hotel because it took me over 1 hour to find it and just arrived that day from Canada and drove myself from Paris.

The room was very small. I barely had space to place my bags down on the floor. The bathroom was like being on ship. everything was compact. The water for the shower was hooked to the bathroom sink. The water from the shower did not drain well so the whole bathroom floor got wet.

The bed mattress was aprox. 4 inches and the pillows were, well..... more like pancakes. Cigarette smoke came in thru the door and was woken up after finally falling to sleep by a smoke alarm as the staff burned the morning breakfast around 4:30 AM. There was dirt around the bedposts, so it makes you wonder how clean the rest of the room is.

The hotel had a banner on it advertising the rooms for 39 Euros. So Expedia advertising it as a special and me paying $60 was not a deal to me. I called Expedia when I arrived home but was on hold and the phone line kept going dead. This happened in May when I was organizing my trip but interrupted by the volcano from Iceland. I can not contact anyone in North America. I always get Cairo. With the political activity going on there, you would think there was a call center somewhere safer where call don't get droppped. I was on hold for over 45 minuted while they said they were calling the hotel. Were they really calling, or just keeping me on hold while going onto other calls? I am not sure because I ended up hanging up because my neck hurt from holding the phone. This is not customer service. I should not have to be on hold while a matter is resolved. There policy is that they will not call you back. So I asked to email me back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Berdseye
Derbyshire
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Decoration needs up dating inside and out no flowers in pots outside, there was no where to sit at night to have a drink and chill after a long journey which was comfortable. Staff seem as if they dont like working there. Rooms and bathroom very small and not as shown on website, very tired decoration. When having a shower it was like being on a sinking ship (I realized how the people on the Titanic felt). Breakfast ok but could have been presented, better was left to our own devises the receptionist was not interested to see if we had everything we needed.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DerbyshireDenise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Novotel Rouen Sud
Ibis Budget Rouen sud Zenith
Ibis Budget Rouen sud Zenith
#6 of 10 in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Campanile Rouen Sud - Zenith - Parc Expo
Campanile Rouen Sud - Zenith - P...
#2 of 10 in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Ibis Rouen Parc des Expos Zenith
Ibis Rouen Parc des Expos Zenith
#4 of 10 in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Ibis Budget Rouen Centre Rive Gauche

Been to Hotel Stars Rouen? Share your experiences!