“Serious fish restaurant ”
Review of Les Filets Bleus

Les Filets Bleus
Ranked #24 of 280 Restaurants in Royan
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

A discreet and formal restaurant well back from the teaming sea front, with dark & cool harbour themed interior. It's a serious restaurant where food is ' tres correcte ' but filled with ordinary French folk. After 2 delicious and free amuses bouches I had a warm scallop mousseline which was lovely and light. The fish of the day was John Dory, which was perfectly cooked but a bit bland and tasteless and I was rather underwhelmed. I think it's a very dull fish to be fair. Partner was impressed with his sardines however. Highlight of the meal was the best Creme brûlée I've ever tasted, perfumed with lavender. A special mention for the list of coffees with descriptions and strengths ... best coffee of the holiday.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This restaurant was recommended to me by a local lady. I was looking to eat local fish, and decided to try it. The food was very good, and the flavors perfect after a hot day of sightseeing. I got the 30 euro menu. The only reproach I have is that the personel seemed eager to get me on my way (traveling solo), although there was only one other table of 3 people there. Th bill was 50 some odd euros for one as I had a pre dinner cocktail, a glass of wine and a coffee. At that price, I would have expected a bit more kindness/friendliness... but this is France. LOL. Glad I tried it, but I do not think I will return, as I can find a bit friendlier place to dine in.

1  Thank marcellemariechiron
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I was with a group of 10, looking for Saturday lunch near Notre Dame church. Les Filets Bleus offered a delicious fish of the day - sea bream with vegetables - accompanied by local white wine. I am coeliac and one of our party is vegetarian and the waiter was quick to offer choices to suit our diets. The desserts were delicious as well and we had finished in good time for our afternoon choir rehearsal. One slight criticism - it was not clear from the menu outside the door that only the more expensive menus and à la carte were available at weekends. The meal we had was still good value for money and skipping the first course was good for our timing - and our waistlines!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I'd looked up restaurants in the area the Michelin Green Guide before our trip, so sought this one out when in Royan. The food was really good - you really couldn't teach these guys anything about cooking fish - and the presentation impeccable. However, although the interior feels like being on a yacht, you are inside in a dark-ish environment on a sunny.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Had read reviews and expected better. Warm welcome, pleasant but too rapid service, food good but not great, beautifully cooked fish but 'amuse bouche' very salty. We all agreed that it was more than obvious that the staff wanted to go home towards the end of our meal although we were within the opening hours. Will try again sometime as did enjoy the fish.