Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I might have been lucky on October 25th, but it was the hotel I was looking for at a stone's throw away from the airport: quiet (not many people in there), clean, and helpful staff. The manager did the unexpected: he offered me to buy the bubble wrap I was looking for as he had to go for something else to buy in a hardware in Vitrolles. An hour or two later, the product was waiting for me at the reception desk. Just the kind of extra that makes your stay something that you like to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank jp l
Jean-Michel C, Directeur général at Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you very much for your message.
I hope that your bike was not damaged during the return journey?

We are a small hotel but .... we like to server our customers.

JM CARTIER

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Good Hotel and comfortable. Make sure however that you pre book airport shuttle since taxis are very expensive ( charged us 13 euros for a two minute ride ). Rooms are small but clean and have all amenities you would need for a couple of nights. The receptionist looks like chicken little but is a very helpful young chap indeed :) Very safe car park just outside hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaRoksu
Jean-Michel C, Directeur général at Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Bonjour,

Thanks for your message and comments.

It is true one of our receptionist is young but he is very attentive to the needs of clients and knows the area well.

Hope we see you soon again.

JM Cartier
Directeur Général

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Most of Marseille Airport hotels are close to the terminals but the Comfort Hotel is not within walking distance, it has a free airport shuttle service as do other hotels. You have to phone the hotel from the airport or book a transfer to the terminals which operates every 30 minutes. The mini-bus is marked with a number of hotels (Choice Hotels) so you have to watch for it stopping at your terminal, it does not pick-up from the hotel pick-up shelter opposite Hall 1 and there is no contact button in the shelter to call the hotel. I have attached a picture of this shelter so you can get your bearings.

The hotel has free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour reception. It has an outdoor swimming pool and modern air-conditioned rooms that are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. All rooms have a private bathroom with shower, hairdryer and toiletries. The only thing missing from my room was a chair! The widow had electrically operated shutters.

The restaurant, L'Olivier, offers Provencal cuisine 7 days per week. The restaurant operates buffet style and cost €18.00 for dinner, I thought this was a bit pricey but the quality of the food was first class and a half carafe of the house wine was a reasonable €6.00. Breakfast was €8.00 and had a good selection to choose from.

The car park is free and private, as I had quite an early flight I checked in and then returned the hire car to the airport and phoned the hotel to be collected so have experience of using the free shuttle both ways.

The staff were friendly and the hotel is clean and comfortable if a little pricey for an overnight airport stop. I had a little difficulty finding the hotel as I passed it then thought I was in an industrial estate, probably just my poor navigation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gus360

Thank you for your message and all informations.

We just finished renovating our rooms. You can view the photos on our website www.hotelmarseilleairport.com.

Thanks again.

JM CARTIER
Directeur Général

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The close proximity to the airport is a major plus. Our room was quite small and cramped. Unfortunately, there was much noise heard from the room next door (thin walls=easy to hear music, TV, voices).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 21 August 2013

First of all, the hotel is not really "near" the aiport, you ned someone to drive you there. When we got there, the gate was locked and we could open it. There was a phone that we rang, but no one answered. We were only let in, because a taxi came through. When we finally got in, they were uncertain if we had actually booked a room. Luckily we had brought our reservation. We were asked if we wanted breakfast the next morning, and we said no, as we were leaving at 6 AM. They did not bother to tell us, that breakfast was already open by then. The walls between the rooms are super thin and you can hear everything that goes on next door. Also, when someone closes their door, the whole room shakes. At least ours did. This is a hotel, where people only stay one night in their life and it shows. Now you know. Avoid it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anewherebuthere
Jean-Michel C, Manager at Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Bonjour,
My name is Jean-Michel Cartier and I’m the new General Manager of the Comfort hotel Marseille Airport.
I have read your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel and I’m very sorry t to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay .
As written in our hotel description, our hotel is located at 0.6k (Crow flies) or 1km . We operate a free shuttle service operates from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm and is on request when guests arrive at Marseille airport . Maybe you did not read this information on our hotel profile ?
You are right for safety reasons our parking is close during the night and an intercom located nearby the main entrance. Our reception is open 24h/24h, I’m sorry if the night man didn’t heard your first call and if you have to wait few minitues….
As you said at your arrival that you will leave early and you do not have breakfast , I don’t think that my staff made a big mistake by not telling you the opening time for Breakfast. Anyway you could find this information in our Room Directory or simply ask our Staff.
Even if our Breakfast is open from 5 to 10 am it’s always possible to have a hot drink and a “croissant” before.
Once more, I would like to apologize again for all these troubles. We will do our best to avoid that this situation happens again.
Jean-Michel CARTIer