“Not recommended”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Vitrolles
Quebec city
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2009

The room was noisy and old. There is a highway between the airport and the hotel so the hotel is isolated from everything (nothing to do and the neighbourhood doesn't fell safe enough to go for a walk, no restaurant except the expansive one in the hotel). You must pay for a taxi to go to the airport even if the airport is at a short walk distance. A better place to stay is the Best Western hotel (same side of the highway than the airport). It might be more expansive but you will save the taxi.

• Disliked — isolation
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

I came to this airport hotel with my daughter aged 14 about half an hour before midnight. We had booked a room in advance and given my creditcard information when we booked. I also pointed out in the prior booking and by mail later that our plane would arrive late in the evening. I also pleased the hotel not to book it to others.
When we got there round midnight, I was met by a unfriendly and unhelpful receptionist who was not willing to help me and my daughter. She said that the room was taken by someone else, because we had not given the credit card information to hold the room in a mail one month earlier, even if I told them three times not to give the room to others, they did so. We asked the lady if she could call other hotels nearby, but the only thing she said that it was all complete. We had walked from the airport to the hotel with luggage and everything and wanted to stay there because I didn't want to go to Marseille so late in the evening with my daughter. The story ended up with that me and my daugther had to sleep at the airport at some benches.
When we got back from our holiday I made a complaint, but the hotel did not feel any responsibility at all for that my daughter agtes 12 had to go in the dark back to the airport and sleep there. The hotel was not willing to check any hotels in Marseille city at our arrival, and was not willing to pay back for the inconvenient and unpleasant situation me and my daughter had this june-night. I will never stay at any Balladin-hotel again. They were not willing to anything to help us.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank morten_dahl

Travellers are raving about these Vitrolles hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vitrolles
BEST WESTERN Marseille Aeroport
Kyriad Marseille Provence - Aeroport
Ibis Marseille Provence Aeroport
Golden Tulip Marseille Airport
Ibis Budget Aeroport Marseille Provence
Pullman Marseille Provence Airport

Been to Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport

Property: Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport
Address: rue Blaise Pascal | CD 20 - ZI Couperigne, 13127 Vitrolles, France (Formerly Hotel Europa)
Region: France > Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur > Bouches-du-Rhone > Vitrolles
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Vitrolles
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport 3*
Enjoy the quality of the Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport in Vitroles. The hotel is only two minutes from Marseille Provence Airport and all the services of our property will provide you: , free closed car park, outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, night man, free shuttle to the airport (on request), flat TV, free WIFI, air conditioning and easy access to Aix En Provence and Marseille TGV stations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Hotel Marseille Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vitrolles Balladins