“Acceptable”

Hotel balladins Cannes / Le Cannet
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Le Cannet
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Free parking, on the street, 40 minutes walking to Cannes, fair breakfast, great and helpfull staff, small room, a fridge woukd be great, poor air condioning, good internet connection, nice view, good bed

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a find! For less than 50€ a night in August! Amazingly helpful staff, facilities are a little tired but fully functional and adequate. Breakfast was good, sleep quality excellent. Wifi a little flaky, but we weren't there to use the Internet, rather to see the sights of Cannes which were just a stroll down the street. Good job.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

One of the reviews on Trip Advisor indicated that the internet did not work and this was my expereince. If you really need internet service I would highly recommend that you avoid this hotel with one exception. The internet works by the front door of the hotel. I asked several other people at the hotel if they had the same problem and the answer was yes. The manager insisted that there was no problem. He asked me to bring my computer to the front desk and sure enough it works there but not in my room three minutes later when I was there. I stayed in room 511 which was down a bit from the elevator and I could here it everytime it was engaged. The carpet in my room looked quite old (stains looked like they had been there for sometime). Last but not least I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and that also proved to be a problem. The hotel charged my card in full before I even debarked for my trip. In full for the 9 days I booked it for. I read the cancellation policy 5 times before I made the reservation and it said you have 24 hours before your arrival to cancel without any penalty. Any penalty. Granted I made my reservation during the Cannes Film Festival when demand is thru the roof but charging my card in full is unaceeptable. Imagine something happened and you could not make this trip. Please note I called Hotels.com to complain and I was put on hold for 25 minutes. That said I would never use Hotels.com again based on this experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the Cannes Lions and it was fantastic. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The room was well appointed and I really enjoyed being more "local" in Le Cannet. I was there for work and the wifi was very good.

It was an easy bus ride down to La Croisette.

Very pleased and will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Normally I stay in 5 and 4 star hotels. This time I mad a last minute decision to go to MIPIM a large trade show in Cannes. Hotels prices were ridicolous. Via Booking.com I found this hotel. Also expensive, but affordable and only 2 stars....
Hotel is locates about 2 minutes from Nice airport bus stop. It is in a small side street. At arrival there was a very friendly receptionist checking me in. Hotel is old, rooms are small and very basic. Rooms are clean, breakfast is good value for money € 8. I precooked for 3 nights, but for business reasons I had to check out 1 night earlier. the receptionist excused himself that he could not refund the night because it was prepaid, but offered me to not charge the drinks and breakfasts I had during my stay. This shows how this hotel is, they take care of their guests. It can be simple and old, but it is clean and has a very friendly staff. Conclusion: A simple but good place to sleep!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

There was a festival on in town when I went, so every other place was either full or ridiculously expensive. I was lucky enough to find Iris (previously Ibis) and had a nice enough stay. Reception was welcoming, room was clean although the bathroom a bit cramped. Free wifi. Comfy beds. Walls are really thin, so hope that you don't have an anyone loud next to your room through the night. The walk to town takes about 15-20 minutes, but there is a frequent bus that will zip you down for a Euro. The bus stop to get to Nice airport is a 2-minute walk around the corner. There's an excellent bakery just a block down for the perfect breakfast stop.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BaggageClaim
Reviewed 12 April 2011

You are warmly welcome, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is nice. You have the bus no. 1 to go to Cannes center every ten minutes for only 1 euro the ticket.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
#14 of 16 in Grasse
Amarante Cannes Hotel
Amarante Cannes Hotel
#101 of 126 in Cannes

Been to Hotel balladins Cannes / Le Cannet? Share your experiences!