The drive up to the Hotel is at best unimpressive - with a dreary almost tired exterior and in a middle class suburban environment with schools around it! The location was a fantastic one for us to use it as a base to visit the Chateauneuf-de-Pape, Avignon and other surrounding areas.
In the hotel, we were warmly greeted and made welcome. The staff were very friendly and English speaking. As a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, our room was upgraded to a suite which was very good. The room was large with a sitting area, good separate toilet, double sink bathroom with separate shower from bath and a sun drenched balcony that included a table and chairs. The room was clean and well maintained during the seven days that we stayed there. The decor was shabby sheek (rather than saying chic) in some ways.
The hotel is well appointed especially in the dining and amenities areas. The restaurant after a somewhat aloof/snobby slow start ended up being the best feature of the stay. The dinner food was fantastic quality and interest with a legendary wine list and a cheese trolley to fall in love with (see photo). The staff at dinner and breakfast were great (again after a slow start), with impressive memories of food allergies and preferences.
The outdoor pool was good and indoor pool with an against the current swim was great. We used the well appointed gym (even without a rowing machine), but had to ask for the air conditioning to be turned on as it was connected to the indoor pool area.
We intend to visit again in spite of the somewhat expensive (about 300 Euros per night) stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five minutes from Avignon city center and the motorway A7 (exit n°23), a charming provencal home set in magnificent and peaceful garden. Internationally renowned gastronomic restaurant (chef Philippe Boucher, ex. Bocuse, Georges Blanc). Provencal restaurant and terrace overlooking on the garden. Extremely comfortable, recently renovated apartments and rooms with free wifi, coffee and tea maker, I phone station . Spa, Outdoor-swimming-pool, Indoor-swimming-pool, Sauna, Work-out room, Steam bath, Hormeta Treatments and Massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, ACCOR, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auberge de Cassagne & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De Cassagne And Spa
- Auberge De Cassagne Hotel Le Pontet
- Auberge De Cassagne Le Pontet