“Good first impression, awful second impression”
Review of Crazy Jerry - CLOSED

Crazy Jerry
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Avignon, France
“Good first impression, awful second impression”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The first time my friends and I went to Crazy Jerry, I was delighted at the restaurant's décor, the charming waiters, the generous portions and the delicious meals. Although the menu is limited, the quality of the dishes is outstanding and absolutely everything is sumptuous. I was therefore happy to return to the restaurant a second time, but unfortunately I was left with a bad taste in my mouth due to the poor service we received. Although the food was still as delectable, our waiter was unfriendly and did not even bother to tell us about the dish of the day or the dessert of the day. What's more, friends had ordered a kiddie's menu for their young daughter and only realised once we were paying for the meal that the kiddie's menu should have comprised a drink and a dessert as well as the main dish, but since the waiter did not inform us, we did not receive what we had paid for. To add insult to injury, we encountered a major glitch when paying for our meal, as the restaurant had overcharged us for our desserts (doubling the price). Once all of our group had paid for their meals, our waiter insisted that we hadn't paid for everything and only admitted that he was wrong after about 5 minutes of interrogation and re-calculating. No apologies were offered on the waiter's behalf.

I am disappointed to say that I will think twice before returning to Crazy Jerry again. The food is good but quite frankly, I could get much better service for a smaller price elsewhere.

• Visited February 2012