“Nice for that special meal.”
Review of La Grange

La Grange
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Morzine
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Posh end of the range for Morzine, although by no way expensive. the choice is a bit limited, but everything we had was very good quality.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Good food, good friendly service, plenty of atmosphere all at a reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Brilliant food and service and great value for money. Certainly one of Morzine's culinary treasures!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

During a recent skiing trip to Morzine I had the great pleasure of dining in this establishment. The service was friendly and prompt without being fussy and the food was great (try the duck confit shepherds pie, yum) But the real hidden gem on the slopes is L'Passage just above the Super Morzine lift, the menu was small but everything was freshly cooked and the service was delightful. Not only that, you don't have to take out a mortgage for a hamburger and chips (an incredible and inedible 20 euros at La Pointe De Nyon). It's run by Monsieur Hermelin, who's a very amiable ,electric ferret of a man.Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I've been in the Morzine area for the entire ski season. We picked this restaurant as it was, at the time, the top rated restaurant in Morzine and I really can't understand why.

The food was average, fois gras was the worst I've had in the region and I can't even recall my main it was that underwhelming.

In that price range, I'd rather check out La Dez'Alp (oddly not featured on TripAdvisor) their special 4 course set menu is great value. Or if you're prepared to go a little higher, La Chamade which is a little touristy but the food is very good - I head the best French onion soup I've ever had ever - and I've had many.

Alternatively, you're prepared to spend a bit, L'Atelier is exceptional.

But, really, I'd give La Grange a bit fat skip, we certainly won't be going back there.

1  Thank mydigitalself