Chalet d'Amo
Hotel Alpina(Morzine)
  • Pool
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsleave skis and bootslong weekendski tripwork colleaguesbreakfast and evening mealtop floorski shopplenty of hot waterski hireexcellent hostsgreat weekcouldn't do enoughnigelchalettaxisskiingcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at Chalet D'Amo while on a BASI course in the last week of the ski season. Couldn't have asked for more from Nigel and Linda; they're both hugely friendly and really went out of their way for me. My course was in Avoriaz and Nige insisted on driving me to the base of the Avoriaz gondola to ensure I arrived in plenty of time, avoiding the hassle of the ski bus. They're also more than happy to pick you up from Morzine at the end of the day. Real personal touch with great conversation - As a BASI 2 instructor, Nige knows his stuff, offered excellent advice and did everything he could to improve my skiing. Breakfast and evening meals were great, and rooms clean and comfortable.
I couldn't recommend chalet d'amo highly enough and am looking forward to returning next season!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Benjamin W
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A group of 4 us have stayed with Nigel and Linda twice now and I'm only sorry its taken us this long to write a review!
The chalet is located just outside Morzine, but the hosts used to run us into town and back every day for skiing and then again for dinner. Taxis back (if you stay out late for a few Mutzigs!) are cheap and we even walked back one night which wasn't really a drama.
The facilities are brilliant, all you need for a ski break, hot showers, cozy beds etc. Breakfast is really flexible and Nigel and Linda always catered to our needs.
We had dinner at the the chalet on our first night there and it was a great little event, all of us sat round the big table downstairs with the other guests and some of Lindas family. Great banter, loads of home cooked food and what seemed like endless bottles of red wine all for €20!
Then theres Archie the dog! An absolute house of a dog may i add, but a total gentle giant and he really adds to the character of the place.
All in all a wonderful little place, where you all always feel welcome. Nigel and Linda really do make you feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe a
Reviewed 22 April 2014

An absolutely wonderful stay in march with me and 3 friends.
The atmosphere in the chalet is really relaxed and Linda and Nigel were perferct hosts, couldnt of asked for more. They even put up with our brummie accents!
I would happily recomment to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was my first snowboarding trip so I've got nothing else to compare it with. Had an amazing time. Stayed at Chalet D'Amo. It's run by Linda and Nigel, an English couple who've had it for a few years. Chalet was a bit out of town but they drove us to the ski shop every morning and picked us up at the pub at night which was great. If you're looking for luxury then this won't be for you but if you want good value, fairly basic accommodation then you'll get that here. Ate in a couple of nights which was decent with plenty of beer and wine and good company. Linda, thanks for looking after us and driving us around. I appreciate it.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 30 March 2014

An absolutely brilliant week and made unbelievably effortless by Nigel and Linda's endless energy. This place is brilliant value for money, the food is fantastic and the place has a really comfortable and relaxing feel to it. I thoroughly recommend this place to anyone! Thank you so much Nigel and Linda!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo