“Superb chalet ran by fantastic people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Morzine Luxury Chalets, Chalet Morzine
Ranked #4 of 49 Morzine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My first time mountain biking abroad. I went with a group of 8 lads, 6 of whom haveused Chalet Morzine for a couple of years & now I know why. I genuinely cannot fault anything. It is ran by Thierry & Lindsey who gave everyone a warm reception upon arrival. I shared a room with one of the lads who'd also not been there before & our first impressions were very similar. A very pretty looking place from the outside set in fantastic picture postcard surroundings. Inside is equally good, very clean, very well presented with an aire of quality to the fixtures & fittings both in the communal areas & in the bedrooms.
Food- you will not go hungry! Lindsey & Thierry made our breakfasts & evening meals. The food is as good as I've eaten anywhere & I was introduced to a cheese Raclet (a cheese melting device used at the table) - lovely. In the mornings you wake up to the smell of fresh homemade croissants (I know they're definitely homemade as I saw the dough left to rise in the kitchen a night before).
Sleeping- I'm a light sleeper who needs silence & pitch black to get a good nights sleep. Chalet Morzine provided both with wooden window shutters for each room & I know lads in other rooms were snoring (very loudly apparently) but I didn't hear a thing.
Location- Perfect, far enough away from the main roads for peace & quiet & stunning views but close enough to walk into the centre of Morzine taking about five minutes.
Facilities- some rooms have baths but I had a shower which was always red hot which was appreciated as we came back freezing cold on our one rainy day. They have a large garage with bike stands & an area for you to hose your bikes & yourselves down. They have a big drying room & a washing machine which they were happy for us to use provided we hosed off the vast majority of the mud. They have Wifi which worked brilliantly on the middle floor but was a bit sketcy in room 3 on the top floor. Wine, beers, soft drinks, chocolate & small snacks were available at anytime & worked on a very reasonably priced tab system (you wrote your name on a pad & the number of which item you'd taken from the fridge). Coffees & tea were complimentary & wine was served with every meal which was also complimentary (the Shiraz on the first night was lush!).
I only took the time to write this review because I was so impressed. A genuinely lovely place ran by lovely friendly people. I will definitely be stopping here again.

Room Tip: Room 3 has more space between the beds but is a little shorter on storage space than the others &...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James W

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few chalets, but this one is special, and mostly because of Lindsey and Thierry. I don't need to say more - the positive reviews are all accurate. If you want to go to a chalet in morzine, the only question worth asking is: do they have room?

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was our second trip two seasons in a row in April to Chalet Morzine for us family of three with a 9 year old. We stayed for 3 nights at the end of the season in a double room with an extra bed. Last year, our son slept together with other boys as there were 5 boys (next to the lounge).
I am not sure what I can add to the numerous excellent reviews already on here but I will try to tell you what stood out for me! But believe the earlier reviews, they are all true!
The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, food amazing, living area cosy, towels fluffy, just everything perfect. Lindsey and Thierry along with Rose and Pete were amazing hosts.
They just cannot do enough for you. Lindsey even arranged for my favourite tipple (and mixers) to be available at the honesty bar (the prices were very reasonable)! Transfers were organised by Lindsey and it was seemless.
Food: I have NEVER liked pate, I always thought it was a bit like dog food, until I tried Pete's homemade pate!!! It was divine! Absolutely no slacking when it comes to cakes and desserts. The amazing baked alaska log (it was the size of a small child)! My son was pining after Pete's chicken wings after the first trip, and although he gave me the recipe this time, I have forgotten what that secret ingredient was so I will just have to return and ask him again!!
I felt so at home here, although this time we were not with our friends and we had four other lovely parties sharing the chalet. Just a short walk to the centre of town.
The position of the chalet is perfect, right next to the easy blue run to the bottom of the Pleney side. My son loved the games room, hardly ever saw him, in fact. That's got to count for something!? Can't wait to go back, if we ever manager to book in time!
One warning though, if you are watching your weight, this is not the place for you because although you will be burning calories on the black runs, it will be impossible to resist the wonderful food and drink!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This is the third year we have stayed at Chalet Morzine and didn't think it could get any better - but it did! This year the food and drinks were truly first-class (thank you so much Pete and Rose!)and although Lindsey and Thierry have always been exceptionally helpful in assisting us with everything from getting baby things for our youngest to organising equipment hire, lift-passes, dinner reservation etc., this year the service really went beyond the call of duty by helping us in every way with the logistics of taking the children to/from various ski lessons so that we could enjoy our delicious breakfast stress-free. The fact that Thierry can be booked as an instructor/guide was incredibly helpful for our group of mixed skiing abilities and even our shy three year old had no problem going off to lessons on her own as she already knew Thierry by the time skiing started. We had an amazing time and booked in for next year before the week was over. It really doesn't get any better than this !!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Wow, thank you Thierry and Lindsey for giving us a truly wonderful break. The chalet is so cosy and homely. We were immediately made to feel at home on arrival - welcomed with tea and delicious chocolate brownies [thank you Pete]. Rose made sure we were well looked after and is truly hilarious. We all wanted to take her home with us. Every evening ourselves and the teenagers were so well fed, thanks to the cooking skills of Pete. The chalet is a perfect location for a large group to experience the amazing skiing and scenery of Morzine and Avorias.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

What a fabulous time we had at Chalet Morzine - there is nothing to fault and everything to praise! Lindsey and Thierry have done a fabulous job of creating a warm and welcoming home away from home. As a mother initially travelling solo with 4 children, whilst waiting for my husband to arrive, the logistics of getting the kids and myself to and from the different ski schools, on time and in the right kit, could have been an absolute nightmare, but Lindsey, Thierry and Rose stepped in and generously offered their time and assistance....and it all worked wonderfully! The food prepared and served by Pete & Rose, our chalet hosts, was incredibly delicious every time and their never ending help and dinnertime jokes were much appreciated. The rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable - we stayed in the two connecting family rooms on the living room level. The playroom downstairs is fantastic - all the kids were kept amused and occupied during the adult dinner, which is a real bonus. Thierry's ski lessons were brilliant - he managed all 4 of our children at the same time without batting an eyelid and they loved every minute with him (as did my husband and I, when we could prise our children away from him for 5 seconds!) All in all, it was incredibly hard to say goodbye and return to reality, so we shall just have to go back soon!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 99Debra99
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed with Lindsey and Thierry for four nights at the end on the ski season. We had a very nice room with a bath and shower over it. Upon our arrival we were met by Rose and she showed us where everthing was. We unpacked and then went down stairs to sample the afternoon cake. This was very nice and each afternoon during our stay fresh cake(s) was supplied. Tea and coffee was available all day.

After a quick change we were back for the evening meal and to meet the other guests. Every evening the food was outstanding and the resident chief, Pete deserves 10/10 for the menus and also for the way in which the food was cooked.

It was possible to ski in & out from the chalet even though it was the second week in April! Just a short walk into the town too.

We had a great time and would definately recommend Chalet Morzine to others.

Gary and Frances