“Simply incredible”

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Leeds
“Simply incredible”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've now stayed with Chilly Powder twice in the summer and the second time I couldn't see how it could be any better than last time, how wrong I was. This time I stayed for two weeks which easily was the best two weeks holiday I've ever had, the activities you can do around Morzine/Avoriaz is just incredible, from canyoning to paragliding, Downhill mountain biking, to relaxing walks with views of Mont Blanc.

But what really makes your stay with Chilly Powder incredible is the staff who create such a welcoming atmosphere, serve incredible food and wine and make your stay with them one to never forget. A special mention has to be said for the owners Paul and Francesca who are so warm, friendly and helpful. Also Richie behind the bar, who has many funny and interesting stories to tell while sharing a beer with friends. And not forgetting the manager Nick who has to be one of the most helpful people I have ever met.

Should you visit Chilly Powder? You'd be insane not to regardless of the time of the year.

It's that great I've already book to go for snowboarding over christmas and new year!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dpoole87
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review of Chilly Powder and I apologize for such a late management report to say thank you for staying with us - We are so glad you have had such a great trip and hopefully we will see you this winter or maybe again next summer- Best wishes Francesca and Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I first came to Chilly Powder as a nervous 8-year-old beginner - 8 years later my family returned, competent skiers and fully glad to be back. The roaring fire in the centre of the communal dining area is welcoming when you first arrive, and the owners are lovely. The main highlight is probably the easy access to the slopes, but the facilities for children (babies to early teens especially) are by far the best of any ski chalet I've stayed in. High tea is a great chance for the kids from the chalet to mix, as the chances are they will end up in lessons together during the day. And that's another great factor - the owners offer to fix up ski lessons for adults and children, saving you the hassle! All this said, I'm sure Chilly Powder would also be a lovely place to stay without kids, as it does provide catering accommodation which is separate from the main chalet itself, along with a great selection of reading material and a pool table(!).

Room Tip: The "Music Room" (if it's still called that) is a lovely family room in the main chale...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EeekoFreek
Thank you very much for your lovely review of Chilly Powder and I apologize for such a late management report to say thank you for staying with us - We are so glad you have had such a great trip and hopefully we will see you this winter. We really appreciate your time writing something about us and see you again soon - Best wishes Francesca and Paul
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I visited Chilly Powder for a week this past September and stayed in the Chalet Le Plan Des Rochers. It was for a 40th birthday celebration.....and it turned into so much more - my favorite place to stay, my favorite vacation, my favorite place to visit (in both winter and summer), my favorite people - owners/staff/locals, my favorite period.

I have been struggling to write this review because the place has stolen a piece of my heart - and when a place does that you know it is special (and can leave you quite vulnerable). I have been trying to find the words to describe to you, the reader, why you MUST book a vacation - winter or summer at Chilly Powder. So here I go:

Is it Les Prodains ...YES
- a quite enclave that feels like your personal neighborhood.

Is it being surrounded by beauty....YES
- from the cliffs that surround the property at Chilly Powder, to the beautiful back gardens, to the perfect winter location to ski in, to a quick walk to the cable car across the street, to the access to hiking trails in summer at your fingertips.

Is it the environment that Paul and Francesca have created...YES
- Chilly Powder Chalets are comfortable, cozy, inviting, warm, and friendly. A home - no YOUR home away from home.

Is it the staff....YES
- every one of the staff is genuine, caring and helpful. Whether it is suggesting the best part of the mountain to ski on a particular day in the winter, to the myriad of suggestions they can recommend in the summer. The staff truly loves this place and want to share their love of it with you.

Is it the variety of activities that are there for your choosing....YES
- winter equals skiing/snowboarding - and it is some of the best skiable areas I have found in the Alps (I have been to the Alps in various locations every year for the past 11 years).
-summer there is hiking, swimming at Lac Montriond, cycling, canyoning, hydrospeeding, rafting, and the fantastic cable.

If you are looking for Paradise, look no further because you have Found it! Book your trip now with Chilly Powder, I guarantee you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank KristineB43
Thank you very much for your lovely review of Chilly Powder and I apologize for such a late management report to say thank you for staying with us - We are so glad you have had such a great trip and I know you all celebrated in style for the birthday party.
Hopefully we will see you this winter. We really appreciate your time writing something about us and see you again soon - Best wishes Francesca and Paul and the Chilly Powder team
Cambridge, England
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I thought I'd wait a few days after returning from our family holiday in Morzine before writing this review - I didn't want to commit to print whilst still basking in post-holiday bliss.

Ten days on and, if anything, my feelings for this place have only intensified. Imagine your best friends are lucky enough to own a fantastic house in one of the Haute-Savoie's most picturesque towns. They kindly invite you to stay with them for a few days in mid-summer. They cook you great food and serve you wine that tastes like it should be £30 a bottle in Waitrose. You enjoy warm evening chats whilst your children play with their friends in a wondrous garden, and you sample a life-affirming conviviality that very few are lucky enough to experience. Imagine all of that and you've got just a taste of what it's like to holiday at Chilly Powder.

The staff are simply wonderful. Ritchie in the bar, Nick on the front desk and Seb and Carrie at meal times. There's a genuine warmth, a sincerity that characterises everything they do for you. Whether it's Ritchie unloading your car on arrival and taking your bags up to your room, Carrie or Seb taking time to give you recommendations for your days out, or Nick booking your excursions. Each must have done these things a thousand times over yet it feels like you're the first to experience their attentiveness. I travel a lot with my work and I've stayed in many places, good and bad, but the staff at Chilly Powder have no betters. I mean none.

Francesca and Paul, the owners, are open and approachable and take time out to mix with their guests, Francesca regularly joining residents for dinner, their own kids playing with the holidaying children in the garden. As I say, this is more like a break at your mates' than a stay in a hotel. (And if Elouise doesn't end up playing football for England then I'm a monkey's uncle.) And If there are any Hollywood producers out there, Francesca's life story is a nailed-on, Oscar-winning screenplay just waiting to be written.

Morzine itself is delightful in the summer. Plenty going on without the town feeling like it is overrun. There's a breath-taking vista around every corner and you'd need a month there to get through half of everything there is to do. Just speak to Ritchie/Nick/Seb/Carrie and they'll ensure your days are filled with holiday memories that will last a lifetime.

We have a daughter in Australia and plan to go there next summer, but from 2015 until I'm no longer fit enough to climb the steps to an easyJet plane, I don't see me spending my summers anywhere other than Chilly Powder. For a family holiday, it has no equal.

Book now, or at least add it to your bucket-list. The only possible way you won't enjoy your visit is if you're already dead.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DMBrownie
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
We are so glad you had such a good stay with us and thank you for writing such an amazing review- We love our chalet and it is always so lovely when everyone enjoys their time here as much as we all do. So a million thanks for making the time to tell everyone about Chilly Powder and we really look forward to seeing you again in 2015 for more tales and fun!
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We spent a week at Chilly Powder in July, staying in the Chalet le Plan de Rochers. This chalet was perfect for a large family group and the rooms were very comfortable. The owners and staff of Chilly Powder have created a lovely relaxed and informal atmosphere, which along with the two playrooms and large garden makes it perfect for kids. A special thanks to Nick and Richie who looked after us during our stay.

The area is beautiful in the summer and offers a wide variety of activities for adults and children - the ages of our party ranged from 5 to 70+ and everyone found plenty of things to do. Chilly Powder organised our Multipasses, and these were superb value, giving unlimited use of local buses, swimming pools, cable cars, etc.

Favourite activities for the kids were the luge in Morzine and the fantastic water park in Avoriaz. Favourite activities for the adults (booked for us by Chilly Powder) were the white water rafting and the Fantasticable (a zip wire through the mountains).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely review about Le Plan de Rochers and Chilly Powder. Maybe we will get to see you this winter but hopefully we will see you all very soon again.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After staying at Chilly Powder’s Chalet Hotel Au Coin this winter (which I would highly recommend!) I came back for a family holiday at the end of July & stayed at the Chalet Le Plan des Rochers. The chalet is spacious, well equipped and very cosy, set in beautiful surroundings. After the winter, it was fantastic to see everything transformed this summer. We were amazed at the activities on offer in and around Morzine – there’s so much to do and lots of activities were free using the ‘multipass pass’ which is fantastic value. The children loved it and also loved popping along to the Chilly Powder garden.

Chilly Powder provide a relaxed and friendly environment. Thanks to Francesca, Paul & Nick who made us all very welcome. Would also highly recommend barman Richie’s cocktails!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely review about Le Plan de Rochers and Chilly Powder. Maybe we will get to see you again this winter on the slopes but hopefully we will see you all very soon. Ritchie is a cocktail demon since his training with Bacardi!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We absolutely loved this place- the staff are wonderful and the owners have done everything possible to ensure your family will have a great holiday and that it will be as easy and relaxing for the parents as it can be. Morzine has masses to do, and I can't think of a better place for a family summer holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely review about us at Chilly Powder. The kids have such fun here and it is great to see them making full use of the garden and the hot tub, they do all love it so much. Hopefully we will see you again soon

Francesca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morzine
Hotel le Tremplin
#2 of 18 in Les Gets
Hotel l'Igloo
Hotel l'Igloo
#10 of 50 in Morzine

Been to Chilly Powder? Share your experiences!