“Top class Chilli Powder”
Review of Chilly Powder

and 1 more site!
Chilly Powder
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Top class Chilli Powder”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed with Chilli Powder for an extended break and would recommend every part of my visit. The accommodation was incredible, the location stunning, and the staff were truly first class. Chilli powder did everything to make sure my stay was everything I wanted it to be, and the only disappointing thing was that I had to leave.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bled, Bohinj, Slovenia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed with Chilly Powder last week on a self catering basis and it was an absolute pleasure. I had just finished cycling the Haute Route from Sospel so I was really looking forward to a having a few days to recover and unwind. The chalet provided the perfect environment for this; luxurious and yet retaining a relaxed mountain atmosphere. Chilly's hosts were enthusiastic and welcoming giving me tips on restaurants, bike shops, massages and anything else I could need. I would 100% recommend both the chalet and the Chilli experience in general - thanks for a fantastic stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Emily H
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just returned from an amazing week at Chilly Powder! As you will see some of the other reviews referred to a wedding and we thought it would only be fair for the Bride and Groom to add a review to the growing number of glowing reviews.

Wedding aside I'll start with the chalet, having stayed the summer previous to test out the venue the moment we were greeted by Nick and the team we knew Chilly Powder was the place for us. The food is of an exceptional standard and throughout the week every care was taken to look after those who had dietary requirements, even those who just dislike certain foods (no onions!). Even those who were staying outside of Chilly powder who attended the wedding were cared for in the same way. The rooms are lovely and quirky, each with their own style- we stayed in The Music room which is simply stunning, agreat airy space and whilst we chose it for practicalities of getting ready, we could see how it would be just perfect for a family to share.

The team! Richie is wonderful at his job but be warned whilst relaxing in the hot tub he has an uncanny sense for when your drink is running low, ready to offer a top up! This was a regular theme throughout the week. As an avid New Zealand wine fan, Richie went out of his way to find us wine that suited our taste and we have to say the wine reccommended was delicious! Sophie the beautician is also wonderful, it was great taking some time to go and get a treatment and relax. Hats off to the chefs who not only cooked amazing food, regularly came out to talk to our guests after their shifts.

It was wonderful being able to have Chilly Powder exclusively for our wedding party, Paul, Francesca and Nick did everything possible to make our day go without a hitch- not one single thing went wrong. From a brides perspective Francesca has great style sense and where I was worried about the set up of the lake whilst I was at the chalet getting ready, I arrived to everything being perfectly set up. Again when I returned the chalet looked beautiful, and the team had taken the time to really listen, and I'm sure it was Nick's crazy attention to detail that meant the tables looked stunning. I have to give a round of applause to Nick, who answered every single one of my questions through the 18 months of planning, he spent loads of his time on Skype with us to nail down every detail. The care shown to us was impeccable even down to our room which was beautifuly tidy despite a bride and 5 bridesmaids leaving it a total wreck before heading off to the wedding.

I would go on and on but hopefully anyone reading this will get the picture, Chilly Powder is a wonderfully homely place, with wonderful people, stunning setting and a place that we will be more than happy to return to in the future. Thanks to all the team

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony- the views are absolutely amazing!
3 Thank Claire N
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for an extended weekend for a summer wedding. The location was stunning, it's nestled in amongst the Alps. Our balcony view on the second floor was breathtaking. Before our visit, we were asked about food allergies and dislikes. I wrote that I didn't drink wine. On our first night, Richie who ran the bar already knew that I didn't drink wine and when I informed him it was due to a sulphite allergy, the team went out of their way to discover a wine that had no added sulphites - this was the first wedding I have drank wine at for years and it was such a lovely touch. You won't find better service anywhere. I would recommend Chilly Powder to anyone - at any time for the year! Thank you for making our friends wedding so special. It's a weekend that we will never forget.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hannah D
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - We had such a great week with you all so thank you for being such great guests!
See you again for the 10th wedding anniversary maybe!

Best wishes

Francesca, Paul and Nick
England
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night summer break - just wish it could have been more !! Alps in the summer are amazing - even though it rained for most of our stay. Chalet has a great location - and what makes this place so special is the people ! Nick, Richie , Kate and Eddie in particular - but everyone was lovely - and gave great tips on what to do, made you feel welcome - and although it was our first trip we were made to feel
Like return guests. Food and wine were great & as a couple with a toddler there was the perfect balance of making it great for both kids and adults. Already looking to book next year- 100% recommend it .

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Debbie097
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review - 3 days of fun and just a taster of how much more fun you can have here …. Hopefully we will see you next year
Thank you for so much for staying with us...
Best Wishes
Francesca
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from my first visit to the French Alps and my weeks stay at Chilly Powder for my daughters wedding and I was not disappointed.
The location is amazing, and the staff so attentive with nothing being too much trouble for them. They arranged all the transport to Lake Montriond where the marriage took place, arranged all the guests seating and provided Pimms & Canapes immediately after the ceremony and with a wonderful wedding breakfast to follow back at Chilly, A truly wonderful place for a Summer wedding and with plenty to do in Morzine for all ages. My room was lovely and clean and the bed so comfortable. It's a perfect place for families to as many of the rooms are family rooms. I just want to thank Paul & Francesca, all the staff, especially Nick the manager who dealt with all arrangements and the emails from my daughter and for Ritchie who made the nights in the bar very entertaining. Everyone at Chilly Powder helped make my daughters wedding day so special and I couldn't think of a better place for a couple to get married. No doubt many of us will be back for a visit at sometime in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor facing towards Morzine have the most amazing views.
2 Thank Sue T
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are so pleased we could share your very special occasion at our chalet- Wishing Claire and Al an amazing life together and hopefully we will see you all many more times over the next years to celebrate anniversaries and other special occasions together. xx
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at Chilly Powder in early July for a family wedding - what can we say - fabulous !! - Accommodation was first class - we had Toy Room - our 14 year old son shared and had his own area in a mezzanine floor above us. From the moment we arrived the staff were amazing - definitely up there with the likes of Gleneagles and Chewton Glen in terms of service - a "real" family hotel

We had dinner included each night - Great value overall and the food was first class too - as you can tell we are really struggling to find anything to criticise - even down to Eddie one of the staff who gave us a dance show at the wedding party.

The local scenery is stunning with plenty to do for all ages - we will certainly be back before too long !

Thanks to all at Chilly Powder

Room Tip: This is difficult and depends on whether you have children - Most rooms accommodate children in a sp...
1 Thank Rachel S
941ChillyPowder, Owner at Chilly Powder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We had such a lovely week with you all and the wedding was great - Thank you for making our week such fun too and letting us share in your happiness.
Best wishes