rudechalets - Chalet Chapelle
US$107
Hotel l'Igloo(Morzine)
US$131
US$128
All reviewsminute walknext yearon arrivalan amazing cookhot tubelift passesski hireideal locationcomfy sofasgreat tripboot roomthese guysa great weekgreat funmain liftstop floorexcellent hosts
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I should have wrote this back in March but just getting round to it now.
Had an excellent stay at the Grand. We were greeted on arrival with a warm welcome with an option of a hot or cold drink with a fresh sliced piece of homemade cake. Yummy! After our quick tour and shown to our room we were informed that they would tap our door when the company came to fit our skis. The rooms are decent sized with very comfy beds and a decent shower. Most needed after a busy day on the slopes. We were slightly confused as we had request a triple room but this was clearly a twin with an added bed. We did speak to Sam who apoligised but the Grand was fully booked for the week and this was the only option for us. Not his fault he doesn't deal with the bookings he just gets the email to make the rooms up! We did unfortunately break the occasional bed, slats kept popping out, again Sam to the rescue, he swapped his own bed and he took the dodgy one! Rude Chalets your team were amazing, very attentive and full of local knowledge. Sam's excellent culinary skills were plentiful and delicious. As I said earlier the rest of the team were amazing, always smilie and happy to help, even when I had to get my boots changed 3 times! We love the gang so much we have invited them to stay during the Edinburgh Festival! The hot tub was a bonus after a aching day. The proximity to the slopes and bars/Restaurants is a lazy 15 minute stroll. I would recommend that if you did come with a family to ask for your room away from the front door and kitchen can get a bit noisy. Other than that minor negative I would definitely go back to Rude Chalets.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MichelleXEdinburgh
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Chalet Chapelle Petit - This was our 2nd year in this chalet with Rude Chalet and we have booked for next year already. I think that says it all?!

Food = Amazing
Rooms = Clean, comfy & quiet
Living area = Spacious and comfy, all you need after a long day!
Host = This year we had Emma who was brilliant, accomodating to our mostly drunken banter all week and food was top draw!

So long as Rude Chalets have space, we will be using them!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just arrived back after 4weeks in Chappelle
Where to start, the place is amazing in such a great location just down the road from the super morzine lift which allows access to the whole area ( much easier than Prodans ).
The rudechalets hosts ( Sam, Becs, Rich and Emma upstairs ) made you feel at home and always gave 110% into making your stay a holiday to remeber and the food was great with fresh cakes on the table after the ski down at the end of the day.
Becs in the offcie made booking hassel free and helped with every aspect of the holiday so we are truely greatful.
Not forgetting Dan's ski and board waxing which went down a treat ready for some more action the next day.

I would recommend Rudechalets and particualy chappelle, to anyone who wants to stay in morzine, the vaired groups and familiy's that fill up the 10 rooms added for some great conversation at the dinner table and of course on dance central on the Xbox's.

Definatey worth a trip !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Having been a Chalet host and Chef the season before I was looking forward to experiencing chalet life from the other side and boy was it good! All courtesy of Rude Chalets

Hassle free booking from start to end and communication with Rebecca was excellent. The Transfer arranged was brilliant, very quick and dropped me right at the chalet and returned me right back to Geneva Airport. Now where do I start with Grand Chapelle. The Hosts Becks and Rich were superb, very attentive from start to finish and knowledgeable of the whole resort. If I was a ski company I wouldn't hesitate to employ them! Rooms were clean everyday and their enthusiasm across the week was admirable, to boot I now would call them good friends and look forward to visiting again!

Sam the Chef was the first to greet me, offer me a cup of tea and hand me the best Choc Chip Cookies I have ever had. The food during the week didn't disappoint in fact it was fantastic. Portion sizes were perfect and to cook for 20 odd grown ups everyday was not far off a miracle. The Pork belly especially was a highlight along with the Saturday night curry.

I can not thank the three enough for making a seven day holiday go so well. After a stressful time at work, this has been a much needed rest, all be it skiing and drinking 24/7

Well Done Rude, will be booking again, make sure you keep Sam, Becks and Rich for next year! Roll on 2014

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Hassle free booking process and excellent communication from Rebecca who looks after the admin side of things for the Morzine chalets. All queries and questions were answered straightaway. No hassles either on arrival at Geneva and finding our transfer.

The chalet is in a great location in a quiet area within an easy walk of both Super Morzine and Pleney lifts and easy access to shops and bars of village centre.

On arrival we met our 3 hosts who were friendly, helpful and made us welcome from the off. We were early for our rooms but could avail ourselves of the lounge, tea/coffee and the lovely chocolate cookies and we could leave all our luggage while we wandered into town.

The food was excellent throughout our stay - more than enough for breakfast, delicious 3 course evening meals (a special mention for the belly pork! )and fab cakes at tea time. Packed lunches were sorted for us and were filling and cheap. The unlimited wine was a bonus as well as a well stocked honesty bar. A special effort was also made for my partner who's wheat sensitivity was catered for without a problem - extending to wheat free cakes at tea time and wheat free croissants at breakfast. A nice touch was a wheat free birthday cake for my partners 40th which was created in secrecy and iced by our daughters.

Our very comfortable bed made sleep easy and the bathroom was spotless. The shower is worth a mention as its power and warmth were perfect after a day on the snow. Sauna and hot tub were also a welcome asset, being clean and well maintained and never overcrowded.

All in all a great chalet, with really nice hosts and we would recommend Rudechalets without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family