“Long weekend ski break Morzine, best Chalet ever stayed in.”
Review of Chalet Eira

Chalet Eira
Ranked #13 of 49 Morzine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Returned last Night from a four day ski trip to Morzine. Stayed in chalet Eira.
Trip was a last minute booking decided to go only 2 days prior, very luckily Chalet Eira had room. The chalet is run by the very friendly Simon and Emma. They organised the Chalet, transfers, lift passes and ski hire.
We left Luton on the 7 05 easy jet flight and despite an air traffic controllers delay were on the slopes of morzine by 1 30.
The chalet hires its own ski's and had the lift passes ready so my son and I were equipped within minutes of arrival.
It is only 20 meters to the bus from the chalet door. The same bus stop can also be used for the short journey to the prodans ( forgive my spelling) lift to Avoriaz, which is much quicker access than via super morzine.
It is a few minutes walk down into the town.
The Chalet has around 30 guests but is very well staffed. Again they were all friendly and efficient.
The dining room was upstairs from my room and above that is a bar, with great views of morzine and the valley below. Dining room and bar are spacious. The bar has sofas and arm chairs to relax in, great wine and beers. There is also a pool table tucked away which the kids loved. Plenty of games available and a tv area.
Food, breakfast simple continental but plenty and good standard. Afternoon tea with home made cakes around 4 15.
Dinner children 6 30 and adults 8 pm.
Food is really the best chalet dinner I have ever had, 4 courses prepared by ken. It would grace a good priced restaurant you would not be disappointed. Any dietary restrictions will be catered for. Ken is a great chef.
On our last day we kept our room until the ski transfer arrived at 6 30 pm, so got in a full days skiing and was able to shower and pack. They also made us sandwiches for the journey.
Cost was very reasonable.
Overall the best ski trip I have ever had, my son wants to return to chalet Eira in summer to mountain bike!
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank RobertReview

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed at Chalet Eira for New Year 2013 after it being recommended. What a fantastic chalet. Chalet was beautiful, staff were so so helpful, food was out of this world, bedrooms were great, bar and lounge was very welcoming and relaxing, fantastic location and the chalet dog was adorable. Ive never stayed in a chalet before but after this experience I will be booking Chalet Eira again. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so easy and helped with all our bookings for skis, lessons, transfers etc. A truly wonderful team of people.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I had the privilege of celebrating our wedding at Chalet Eira last summer. We chose this chalet as it was big enough to host our family and friends (it has 21 bedrooms) but it still has the quaint french alpine chalet feel. Our family and friends were astounded by both the chalet and it's location. The staff at Eira were amazing. The chef was on hand to talk about our food requirements. The manager was on hand to talk about we would like the dining room decorated. The couple serving the food couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. The owner of the chalet organised everything from drink to food to transfers for day trips. He also made sure we had exactly everything we wanted for our day. He was so amazing that I think he might have been a wedding planner in a previous life!
I genuinely cannot rate this chalet high enough. Superb!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

stayed here in the winter. great chef. great food. nice chalet in general. good location. perfect for your holiday and good for kids to as you dont have to walk very far to town and there is a bar in the hotel so you can still have a drink with the kids

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My sister and I stayed here for a long weekend in March and were really impressed with Chalet Eira. I lost my ski pass on the first day and Emma, one of the members of staff drove us down to the ticket office and sorted it out so that I only had to pay a 10 euro fine instead of payign for a whole three days extra. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were cosy and the food was delicious. We also found the in-house ski hire really handy. Would definitely come back here.

2  Thank emma m
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have stayed in many different catered chalets over the last few years; ranging from the very expensive to the more reasonable. I think ive hit upon a real gem here as the prices are reasonable and my favourite so far!
I always thought i prefered the small intimate chalets and whilst Chalet Eira is slighly bigger (30 people having dinner on the busiest night) its still really cosy, friendly and and homely. The rooms are lovely and rather than being a typical chalet room, these were more cosy with comfortable beds and proper duvets! Plus the floor the ceiling windows and access onto balconies made the rooms even more inviting. Definately a better quality of room than other more expensive chalets.
The staff are really friendly and always smiley and helpful (one evening at dinner my boyfriend asked about getting his board waxed; within about 30 mins it had been done - excellent service). There is even a beautiful dog to play with!

Food, as per other reviews is lovely and Ken happily comes out of the kitchen to chat which just adds to the family feel of the place.

Also i must add that the breakfast is better than any chalet ive stayed in. Continental, yes but warm croissants and pains au chocolat, ham, cheese, boiled eggs, etc. I was very impressed.

I dont stay anywhere without thorough research and im glad i paid attention to Chalet Eira, they made my birthday trip really memorable. No research next trip to Morzine, ill stay here.

Room Tip: Some family rooms have a separate bedroom which would be good with kids
2  Thank JoanneLucy
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of February. We had a really lovely time, and were made so welcome. Our bedroom was quiet small, well the en suite was tiny, but I think some of the others are bigger. Anyhow when you are skiing one hardly sees the bedroom. The lounge area in the chalet was really fabulous and very relaxing in the afternoon. One evening a band was playing there, they were fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant. As the other reviews state, the food was fantastic! The breakfast could definitely improve, very little fruit, quiet continental I suppose, coffee was not great. We got our passes day by day at the ski resort, as one could buy half day rates, saturday has a reduced rate, etc, so for us it worked out much cheaper day by day. We got our ski rental in frederick baud near the pleney, as we like to wander after skiing, and we could leave our shoes there. I hate walking in the ski boots so this worked out really well for us, and we didn't have to rely on the ski bus. We walked to resort every morning and evening and it is a good 15 minutes, but we were really lucky with the weather, clear blue skies, so it was very refreshing. I would definitely go back, staff, are lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath, you may get a bigger bathroom!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple