“Great place to stay for short ski-ing trip”
Review of Chalet Eira

Chalet Eira
Ranked #14 of 49 Morzine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just returned from 5 nights at Chalet Eira and would recommend it for a skiing break, especially as often hard to find accommodation for less than a week.Food a big draw-great breakfast, good afternoon tea and excellent evening meal with free wine. Such a relief not to have cheese fondue and tartiflette every night!

Had lift passes and transfers sorted by Susie and Emma. Easy access to Pleney lift on foot or bus and regular buses to Prodain Express lift for Avoriaz.

Only downside was small room which suffered from noise when bar was noisy. Admittedly only a problem on one of the 5 nights and dealt with by staff but would try and avoid room 16 if you have a choice.

Room Tip: Avoid room 16 unless you plan to be last person in bar when it would be top choice!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muscey

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent a few days skiing in Morzine, staying at the excellent Chalet Eira. We travelled as a large group (12) of work colleagues and things were pretty much perfect for us. The other guests included couples and other larger groups. I would be happy to take my wife and kids.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Staff friendly and helpful and the chef is quite simply brilliant!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Modger
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked a room at Chalet Eira for late February 2014 on very short notice. I was lucky to find it because apparently it was peak season in Morzine and all other places I looked at were fully booked. I was travelling solo and just wanted a couple days of skiing with no worries. Chalet Eira fulfilled all my expectations!
The managers, Susie and Emma, were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. They arranged in advance my lift ticket which was waiting for me at the chalet when I checked in. Also, the in-house ski rental was extremely convenient and saved me the time of having to go into one of the ski rental shops (and wait in line!).
The chalet itself is simply beautiful. It appears to be relatively new, but it maintains a rustic charm. My room was simple but had many comforts - comfortable bed, clean towels, good heating, a heated towel rack, and a great view overlooking Morzine and the mountains. The bathroom I must admit was a bit small and required a slight bit of maneuvering to get in, but manageable.
The chalet, if I understand correctly, generally operates on a half-pension basis. But since I booked on short notice, they permitted me to go on a bed&breakfast basis (upon my request!). The breakfast included a nice spread of cereals, breads, croissants, sliced meats, juices, coffee and tea. I especially liked the brewed coffee!
The lounge area on the top floor had big comfortable couches, a pool table, a moderately stocked bar, and a powerful view of the surrounding mountains. It was a great place to chill out. And if they have it in stock, be sure to try the toffee flavoured vodka!
The location of the chalet was very good. It was just a 6-7 minute walk into town with many great bars and restaurants. There is a bus stop just 30-40 meters away, and the bus to the slopes is a very short ride. In fact, on one occasion I ended up just walking back to the chalet after my day of skiing, taking in happy hour at one of the bars on my way back...
So, overall, it is very nice place to stay and highly recommended...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We just got back a couple of weeks ago after booking a last minute stay at Chalet Eira that came highly recommended by ski line . Having checked out the reviews and being complete foodies, we thought it was the ideal place for a few days stay. It really isn't easy to find accommodation that caters for shorter ski holidays. What a "wee" find Chalet Eira was. The staff are all incredibly friendly, the food is absolutely exceptional and Suzie, who was running things whilst we were there, is so helpful. We organised our transfers and passes through the hotel and everything ran like clockwork. It is spotless, has a lovely atmosphere and you will certainly not be disappointed by the service or the high quality of the food. Thanks for looking after us so well, we will certainly be back, Shirley and Mark

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gymjunkie1
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a short break ski trip. I’ve stayed in a number of Morzine chalets and hotels and this is by far the best value for money I’ve come across. The chalet is clean, atmospheric, comfortable, secure, cosy, friendly, and serves great food.

Breakfast was basic and absolutely fine. Great selection of teas. The filter coffee was poor but that really is the only negative thing I can say about the whole place. Afternoon tea was good. Dinner was really exceptional and over and above what you’d expect - a real bonus. Beautifully presented, unique dishes and just such a welcome relief to usual chalet food.

Our room was great: spacious, well furnished, clean and quiet! (Ive stayed in some noisy chalets before now) Our friends’ room was really small, but ok given they were hardly in it. Towels were good and a further plentiful supply at the indoor hot tub.

All of the staff and owners were very friendly and nice, and would always make time to say hi and chat, even on their days off.

Location wise, the chalet is a 2 minute bus ride to the Pleney lift, 5 minute bus to Les Prodains lift, and a 5-minute walk into town. I’d definitely recommend Chalet Eira to friends, couples and families alike whether it's for a short break or a week.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FamilyGrin
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The food was amazing (I am veggie), the chalet is lovely, the staff are really friendly and ready to help. The bar on the top of the chalet was really good for chilling after food and has a pool table. Best of all they do short breaks so its perfect for a long weekend! I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jodes1976
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at Chalet Eira with our 2 children and friends last week. Simon and his staff were fantastic, very helpful, welcoming and great with the children.....providing children's 'champagne' at no charge on one of their birthdays and the last day....needless to say they loved it. The food is amazing, Ken the chef, is very creative and the presentation, flavours and variety of meals were outstanding. Bar area is really cosy with large comfortable sofas....the children hogged the pool table all week, so apologies to the other guests.
Would recommend the Easy2Ride ski school......Renee was brilliant with the 4 children who were all first time skiers and were skiing with us outside their lessons by day 3.
Already looking into going back in 2015!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family