“Fantastic location close to the slopes”
Review of Chalet Le Montana

and 1 more site!
Chalet Le Montana
Ranked #80 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location close to the slopes”
Reviewed 29 January 2011

3rd time of visiting. That in its self says something. The rooms are basic but adequate, not en suite but good bathroom facilities very close by. Comfortable lounge and bar area with large screen TV with Sky.
The in house chef is fantastic. The meals were supurb and different everynight.
All the staff were exceptionally freindly and helpful. The resident dog, Chief, is adorable but dont feed him no matter how pathetic and hungry he looks.
There is a free bus at the end of the drive which takes you to the bottom of the ski lifts. It takes 10 minutes through beautiful countryside or into Morzine itself.
Going back with a group of friends in March for more fun in the snow.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2011

im 32 and i felt about 20, gr8 fun from start to finish, warm welcome from the start, all the food and wine you could handle, all week. loved that we cosy bar, and the pool room...........................and a hot tub next year.cant wait!.........................the staff were gr8 even gave us free ski lessons, and showed us how to handle some of the tricky slopes, and took us to the local clubs if they were going. if you want a ski trip holiday and your budgets limited, this will be the best value you get near Geneva. i`ll be back next year for sure!
RJ WOOLSEY.

• Stayed January 2011
Belfast
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I went skiing with my girlfriend (left with a fiancee) and a large group of friends, we arrived on a Friday afternoon and I had a great time on the slopes and staying at Chalet Montana. There were a few problems on arrival with the bookings, but that was quickly sorted by a very helpful staff ( Lucy, Sheryl, Jacqui and Zeb).

The staff were always willing to do anything possible to aid our stay and I found all of them extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are without en suite, that was the only downside, but we knew this prior to the booking, so it wasn't a problem at all.

There was a great living room and bar area, with a large flat screen tv, log fire stove and comfortable sofas. There was a sauna that was a lifesaver after a hard day on the slopes, a games room with pool table, darts board and X Box. Plenty to keep everyone occupied in the evenings.

Also with the chalet providing ski hire, this saved the hassel of having to go into Morzine or up to Avoriaz to hire equipment. Just one of those small conveniences that people forget, with a very helpful Shaun to assist.

I honestly didn't have a bad word to say about the food, it was basic, but right up my street. Unfortinately when you are serving 20 - 30 people a set menu, not everyone will be happy, but staff are willing to cook other options if asked, within reason. i enjoyed all other the dinners that were served up to me.

Overal I had a great stay in Chalet Montana and would tell friends to use it. I wish Zeb all the best with his venture and would hope to return next year again and thank all the staff for a great stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Thanks for a great time, great holiday and being great people!
Stayed in the chalet for 11 days and it was great we were on a budget ski holiday and proved to be the perfect place to stay. The ski equipment was in good condition and well organised staff were very helpful and very cheap rental rates. The chalet is a 2 min walk from the free bus service! All our passes were arranged so when we arrived they were handed to us with our room key. The SAUNA is a life saver after a hard day on the slopes!
Location was great nice resturants close by and a few minutes by taxi into morzine.
Not a four star hotel but good location, friendly staff and great all round value for money so untill I win the lottery and ca afford the ritz I will be going back to chalet montana!

Thanks again for a great time!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Had an amazing time here over New Years. The staff at the chalet were really friendly, and Zeb the proprietor took good care of us.

Montriond, is a little village near Morzine but it works quite well as there is a bus that stops right outside the chalet to take you to a Porte du Soleil lift that is usually quite empty.

Zeb sorts you out with skis and boots too, so there's none of that faffing about on the last day to take your stuff back. Good skis too!

We had meals with the other guests in the evening and at breakfast (incl.) which were relaxed and flowing with wine. And such a relief to have nice simply cooked food rather than stupid over fussy stuff.

Unfortunately, I had to leave, but when I did was impressed with my incredibly cheap and punctual transfer, that they organised. I didn't have to do anything! I just told them when my flight was and that was it.

Will def be coming back for more ( in the spring)

Thanks guys!

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed at Chalet Montana with my partner 8-15Jan2011. I had stayed there before 3 years ago when it was owned and managed by Dave and Ruth of Ski White Gold and we returned there expecting the same great customer service and food - this did not happen.
Booking administration was poor - lots of emails asking for info they'd already received, no confirmation of transfer details. A large group arrived on our last day and several people already staying at the chalet were asked to move out of there rooms to accommodate them, some to staff accommodation! Poor planning of room allocation or double booking? Either way unacceptable. Rob has really set himself up for a fall by calling himself 'The Admin Guru' on their website!
Our return transfer was late - Zeb was unable to get in touch with the transfer company, we made our flight with only 10 minutes to spare at the gate after a mad dash through check in and security.
Bedrooms are basic - non are en-suite (which we knew and were happy with). They have been decorated and new bed linen added but no other improvements have been made. The double bed in Room 2 is rock hard!
Bath and shower rooms are OK - but could do with updating, new shower fittings for example.
Heating and hot water - temperatures were too low (water to cool for a bath, shower went cold, radiators vaguely warm only) until we complained and then they were turned up.
Wi-Fi - they advertise free Wi-Fi but in reality there is a very very weak signal in some parts of the chalet if you are lucky. I think they are trying to pick up on the signal from the staff apartment next door.
Bar - prices are not that cheap, cheaper than on the mountain but not much cheaper than the local BarTabac in Montriond.
The Food was very very poor - several of the other reviews on this site say the food was great BUT the chef who cooked that food - Pav - was apparently sacked the week before we arrived. For 2 nights there was an emergency chef and her food was good, but when the replacement chef arrived the standard dropped drastically.
The staff were friendly and helpful - Jacqui in particular was lovely. However I don't rate Zeb highly as a director/manager/host - he was often out away from the chalet leaving his young staff to cope with some diffucult situations, when faced with issues and complaints his stock response was 'What can I do? All I can do is apologise' Not good enough in my opinion. It's now 4 days since I sent him feedback and he hasn't bothered to respond.
In summary this chalet is not delivering what it offers on the website. Nor is it living up to the standard that Dave and Ruth maintained. It does seem good value and would be if the food and customer service had been good.

The Location is good however, of course this hasn't changed. Free bus stop pratically at the end of the driveway. 5-7 mins bus ride to Ardent Gondola, with no queues for easy access to Les Lindarets, Avoriaz and Chalet.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Chalet Montana over Christmas. We had a such a fantastic time, we even left engaged!
Top things about the Chalet Montana are;

1) Amazing value (great food 3 courses at night! the gypsy scramble egg and pancake breakfasts and the delicious cakes in the afternoon).

2) EASY access to slopes. The Bus to the Ardent lift stops at the end of the drive and gets you to the lift in 10 minutes. We only queued once to get on this lift so you can be straight to the Linderet bowl in no time! from here there are at least 4 differnt lifts and some great skiing through the trees when the weather is bad. AT linderets there are cafe's and skiing for all abilities and ages. the Ski school is here too and a green slope and kiddie area. We found the easy access to this area, both too and from the chalet montana, was really useful. Especially if one of us wanted to head back early for cake, it was so simple.

3) EASY access to morzine. In the other direction is Morzine town 10-15mins walk. The staff told us about a route along the river which was beautiful. We even took the Chalet dog for a walk into town and a few Vin chauds for us!

4)Great rooms, not all on-suite but loads of bathrooms so you dont feel like you are sharing. The new owners have re decorated in modern warm colours. We had a beautiful double room with a balcony to soak up the sun when it shone!

5) Chalet atmosphere! This is a large Chalet with friendly helpful staff and large bar/ living room area with log fire. With the massive dining table and the big shared living rooms around the bar, we soon got talking to the other people staying, and they were great! You can socialise in the evenings as much or as little as you like. Zeb the Chalet manager has great recommendations for local restaurants and bars. We went to the local french/pizza restaurant which was just round the corner, and it was excellent. Th ewaitress even gave us free shots when we left!. The chalet has obviously been updated with the new owners, with new leather sofas. In the snug Bar there is flat screen TV with SKY (and sports which pleased by boyfriend). THERE IS ALSO A SAUNA!! and games room downstairs)

6) Definately hire the Skis from the Chalet as they hire out brand new skiis. Mine had never been used, and were freshly waxd an edged! I have never skiied so good. It does make a big difference. The Ski tech at the chalet was knowledgable and helpful. They also hire boards and can arrange lessons.

The Staff were fantastic. The Christmas was really special (and delicious).

I dont normally bother writing reviews but I'd like to give them a BIG thank you for making our christmas holiday, and our engagement day (on boxing day)! So very special. See you again next year PRG ers!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple