“The Great Eccape Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Farmhouse la Desmeuniere
Ranked #82 of 142 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Oxford, United Kingdom
“The Great Eccape Experience”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The Great Escape Team are second to none and as I have stayed at a number of thier varied accomodation`s I can assure anyone that uses them will have an incredible time around Morzine/Avoriaz.
The food is outstanding and being a vegetarian in France have always been very well fed.
The team lay on vehicles to take and pick you up from the slopes once a day and you get to enjoy the Great Escape Music year after year after year though I have always had such a good time never get tired of hearing it and actualy look forward to it.
Daren and some of the team Guide you over the resort some days and always know where the good piste and off-piste snow is.
Darren`s moto "Safety never takes a day off " is instilled in the team so you can just follow and test your ability in safe hands.
I am so looking to returning once again for the 2011/2012 season and being welcomed back by Sam (she who has to be obeyed) and Darren along with thier very carefully slected team.
Enjoy.
Baggy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We'd been to Morzine a couple of times, so we knew what to expect from the resort. In the past we'd roughed it and stayed self catered in a small bedsit near Nyon.
This time, because we were bringing the kids along we decided to go upmarket and stay chalet board. I got in contact with The Great Escape to request a quote and must say that the service from the start was excellent. Sam got in touch via email as soon as we'd booked to check whether we needed lift passes and ski hire, and she arranged everything from then on.

When we arrived at Chalet Desmeuniere we were firstly struck by how beautiful the converted old barn was, we'd seen photos but with the log fire burning and the mulled wine aroma it seemed so much better.
We were looked after really well by our hosts Julian and Alana (only minus points come for employing Aussies), they even cooked seperate early meals for the kids. I've never had meals of this quality in a chalet before and we appreciated that they took my wifes gluten intolerance into account.

Sorry it's taken me a while to post my review but I'm in the process of booking our stay for 2012 and realised that I'd forgotten to do it.

Room Tip: We had a great double room on the ground floor which had a mezzanine level that my daughter stayed o...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We have just returned from our 4 night stay at the Farmhouse La Desmeuniere, Morzine.
The chalet sleeps upto 22 people, there was 6 in our group. There was another English family of 4 and 5 Spanish... all great people easy to get along with.
The young couple Jules and Alana are great hosts and we're always happy to take us to the slopes and even to the town at night...there is a bus stop right outside which is free and takes you anywhere so the fact that it is about a 15 minute walk into Morzine centre isn't a big problem however the buses do stop at 8.15pm.
The food is gorgeous with a beautiful 3 course meal every night.... Jules and Alana are fantastic chefs and try to cater for everyone.
The bedrooms are small but clean..... they don't provide shower gel so i'd advise people to take some. Also whilst we were there we didn't get our rooms cleaned which was a minor fault.... however if i was there any longer i would have wanted a change of sheets and towels.

To sum up we would DEFINATELY return to the chalet although please be aware that the week the travelled was a French holiday and was too busy on the slopes so I would advise to check before you travel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I stayed in La Desmeuniere with friends during the 2009/2010 season. My experience in the chalet was one of the best i have had in the Alps and i will continue to go back to this chalet year in year out because it has it all. It truly is a beautiful chalet that has all the amenties and charm that you could ever expect from an old restored farmhouse in the Alps. The Staff are exceptional and will go out of their way to make your stay memorable and comfortable in every way possible. The food is more than you would expect to find in the Alps and we were treated to exceptional food every night. What a treat! Darrens Ski hosting is a real highlight and a great experience as he knows the mountain terrain so well. The rooms in the chalet are beautifully presented and cleaned. The hot tub and sauna facilities are a lovely luxury after a day on the slopes. The Chalet is a wee walk into town but when your in such a beautiful environment, relaxed on the comfy sofas looking at the roaring fire why would you want to go anywhere else?
I honestly couldnt fault the great escape team who organised our holiday. from the moment we booked we felt well looked after. from the transfers to and from the airport in their roomy vans to the ski hire guys who had already dropped our gear off at the chalet on our arrival. I would have no hesitation in recommending this chalet to anyone who wants to have a great week of skiing with friends or family in a stunning chalet. it truly is the true chalet experience. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Devon
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed at the Desmeuniere early in the ski season but out of the 'busy' period so stayed for a very reasonable price. What we got was a top class chalet which I must say is the most luxurious I have stayed in during the 22 years I have been skiing. We arrived to a warm welcome and the first of many freshly baked cakes! The Chalet is great and is an authentic French farmhouse which has been modernised to the highest standard but hasn't lost its original charm - it was immaculately clean throughout the week. The sauna and outdoor hot tub were great after a hard days skiing. The food was what I would expect to eat in a great restaurant with local and Tuscan cuisine (Kim the host had spent three years in Tuscany). The Great Escape staff were always willing to go the extra bit to ensure everyone was looked after as best as possible and nothing seemed to phase the main man Darren. The skiing in Morzine is as always great, the largest ski area in the world and we always seem to find new areas to ski when we visit. My only complaint is we couldn't book the chalet later in the season as it was fully booked! Luckily, we managed to stay at one of the same comapanies other great catered chalets (Alpine refuge) thanks to the Great Escapes Sam . Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple