“SIMPLY PERFECT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
More Mountain - La Cabine
Ranked #52 of 141 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“SIMPLY PERFECT”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just returned from a weeks snowboarding with More Mountain and stayed at La Cabine.

The entire trip was perfect, It even snowed 4 days while we were there. All thought the chalet is not bang central in Morzine centre this was easily remedied by our hosts Chris and Elle shuttling us around.... Chris even picked us up from the pub every night so we wouldn't miss dinner!

As in the title everything was simply perfect, our hosts couldnt do enough for us. Id recommend this chalet and the standard of service to all!

Thanks guys
Monty

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me just start by saying I'm one of those people who never ever bother filling in feedback forms, I never read reviews of things before I buy them and out of all the amazing holidays I've been on over the years I've never felt the urge to come home, log onto tripadvisor and write a review of it. Until now...

My wife and I stayed with Ellie & Chris at La Cabine for a week just before Christmas, this was our first ever skiing holiday and to be honest I found the whole idea of staying in a chalet with people we didn't know a little bit weird. I even downloaded loads of films onto the iPad before we left home just so we'd have something to occupy the evenings (which I was convinced we'd spend locked away in our room away from the other guests). I'm a social person don't get me wrong but you never make real friends on holidays do you, you just tolerate them for a few hours every evening for a week or so and then accidentally misplace their email address as soon as you get home.

Ellie & Chris really were the perfect hosts, we were made to feel at home within minutes of arriving. Ellie's cooking is to die for and why Chris hasn't 'put a ring on it' yet is beyond me! Chances are if you're reading this you're either already booked to go (in which case I'm incredibly jealous) or you're on the verge of booking (Just do it, you won't find better).

The skiing in Avoriaz was brilliant, we had a 2hr lesson each morning followed by a spot of lunch (highly recommend the burger place next to the Yeti bar by the way) and then skied with our new chalet friends in the afternoons. Chris & Ellie were only ever a phone call/walkie talkie away and seemed to drop everything to look after us, they even skied with us a few times which was ace.

The whole set up really is first class, I can't wait to go back. Chris & Ellie are one of the most genuine, caring and just all round lovely couples I've ever met. I want them to move to Derbyshire and be my best friends!! I'm not going to give you any tips as Chris and Ellie will do that when you get there.

We returned home with an iPad full of unwatched films, some new friends (and yes I shall be emailing them) a new love for skiing and huge respect for the whole More Mountain crew. You guys rock!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank photomattbrown
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were two families that stayed at La Cabine over Christmas. It was fully up to our expectations and more. Chris and Ellie were the perfect hosts, always ready to assist us in any way. The food was excellent and the house is very cosy. We have been in many loacation for skiing holidays over the years and this was without a doubt one of the very best.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ayr, Scotland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

3 families stayed here over New Year. I could not recommend it highly enough. Chris and Ellie were the perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. Ellie's cooking was amazing and Chris went the extra mile to ensure everything was perfect all week. He was always on hand for pick ups and had loads of local knowledge. As the chalet is a bit out of Morzine we had to rely on Chris for lifts and he never let us down. This was our first ski holiday and we would struggle to stay anywhere else. I can see why La Cabine is so highly rated as there are really no negatives .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Our hosts Sam & Laura were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for them., they were very accommodating, dropped us at the hill and picked us up, socialised with us and went out of their way to come up with inventive Vegan & vegetarian meals, which are better than I have had in some restaurants. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank smithford6971
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a great chalet, Sam and Laura couldn’t have done more for us. The chalet itself is very well kept and has all the facilities you would expect and more, boot warmers, table football and a lovely hot tub. The chill out room downstairs is cosy and even has a Wii (word of advice don’t watch "Frozen" its scarred me forever :)

The chalet is a little way out from the main drag, but Sam was more than happy to give us a lift into town and pick us up whenever.

The resort is awesome we were lucky with a fresh dump of snow at the beginning of the week. You cannot get bored of the Morzine area it is huge and we managed to get lots of great filming using my http://www.camerademon.com , sorry selfless plug there! : )
The Morzine area is good for beginners and expert alike there is plenty to do for all, lots of Blues through to Black runs, there is also a great park over in Avioriaz.

We all had such a great time, a week to remember!!! Would definitely go back with MoreMountain and would definitely go back to Morzine I think it would take quite a few trips to get bored of either.

Thanks for all your hard work Sam and Laura I hope we weren’t to raucous. Cheers Mike

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

La Cabine is an absolute gem. Forget the chaotic, overhyped, overpriced, underwhelming chalet experiences you may have had, and try how it should be done.
More Mountain seem to have identified what's important in a ski holiday and have done it well. Sam and Laura are everything you want in chalet hosts. As I understand it, a few weeks ago, 'above and beyond' included driving a guest home from town after a 3 am 'phone call'. And this really set the tone because, both Sam and Laura worked unbelievably hard to look after us.
Despite being very humble about it, Laura is an excellent cook/chef - you will be extremely pressed to find meat as accurately cooked, consistently every night anywhere.
Excellent/faultless.