“I thought ski holidays couldn't get any better. Yeah right.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
More Mountain - La Cabine
Ranked #59 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Belfast, United Kingdom
“I thought ski holidays couldn't get any better. Yeah right.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our party of 10 adults are just back from an excellent week in Morzine staying in More Mountain's "La Cabine" Chalet.

More Mountain arranged our airport transfers and doorstep ski hire which worked seamlessly. On arrival to La Cabine we were warmly welcomed by chalet hosts Chris and Ellie.

From start to finish they went above and beyond to ensure we had a fantastic trip. Chris drove us in and out of town, made sure our wine glasses were always topped up during dinner and introduced us to his homemade toffee vodka!! Ellie is so lovely, always cheerful (even at 7.45am!!) and her cooking is truly restaurant quality, including her scrumptious homemade cakes and brownies. They gave us great tips on where to go and things to do such as night sledging which was great craic!

The chalet was spotlessly clean, well presented, equipped with everything you need and very cosy, with a fab outdoor hot tub. It's a little out of town but this was never an issue with Chris's lifts and a convenient free shuttle bus stop just meters from the chalet. A late night (or early morning!) taxi is only €15.

We've been on five ski holidays to date and this has been by far the best. We had great snow, great food, with great friends and the craic was mighty! Chris and Ellie were integral to making this such a special trip, they are seriously good hosts.

I would recommend La Cabine and More Mountain to anyone.

Alison and Garry
Belfast, Northern Ireland

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just back from spending a week at La Cabine. I can speak for all 10 of us..that it was a fab week simply because of the service More Mountain provide. Chris and Ellie went out of their way to look after us. Ellie is a fantastic chef..from morning pancakes , to afternoon cake, to three course dinners. She catered for us in particular because my partner and I don't eat fish so prepared separate dishes. Chris transported us above and beyond what was expected and arranged anything we wanted. They are a lovely couple who have so many interesting stories to tell. They accompanied skiing on a few occasions so was good to get their local knowledge of the slopes. The chalet is spotless, cosy and equipped with everything you need. The hot tub was used quite a bit too!!! A bonus was the ski hire people coming to the chalet and again when some of us were wanting to change from skis to snowboards. Nothing ever seemed to be a hassle on this holiday. There is a beautiful winter wonderland walk from La Cabine to Morzine which has to be done while you are there. Btw you could also ski it too!! I would return to La Cabine without a doubt. This was five star so why wouldn't I!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Belfast
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned home from an utterly fabulous week of skiing in Morzine and the icing on the cake was staying in La Cabine!! Chris & Ellie were fantastic hosts the entire week and went out of their way to ensure our holiday was memorable. They gave us great advice on where to ski, where to go for après and the night sledging that they recommended was brilliant fun.

The food was fantastic, a freshly cooked breakfast every morning and after a hard day skiing on the slopes coming home to scrummy cakes and then a delicious 3 course meal in the evenings-what more could you ask for in a holiday??

The chalet was very cosy and spotless and we had the outdoor hot tub to relax after a hard day!! The chalet is a few minutes out of town but this is a bonus as you have the peaceful and beautiful surroundings and Chris and Ellie were brilliant in dropping us in to town and collecting us. The bus stop just opposite the chalet is also very handy and we used this on a number of occasions.

I can't recommend La Cabine enough and it helped to make this our best ski holiday yet.

Claire & Dave, Belfast

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just come back from a great week at La Cabine, hosted by Chris and Ellie. We were very well looked after, and as a group of 18 with 5 children this is no easy task!

Great cooked breakfasts, cake every day once home from skiing and excellent dinners.

Chris and Ellie put up with a lot with a smile on their faces. thanks guys!

Ali

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Just want to thank Chris and Ellie for being such fantastic chalet hosts, the week started with a warm and friendly welcome, followed by fantastic meals on a nightly basis, all food was cooked well and presentation was excellent. The whole week put on by more mountain was excellent so big thanks to the owners Jon and Sam for another great freestyle week.

The chalet had all mod cons from wifi to hot tub, with beer :-). All rooms we're very comfortable and clean, lounge area comfortable and great to relax after a hard day on the slopes.

Overall it was fantastic and recommend La Cabine to anyone wanting a bit of luxury, plus space to chill and be entertained.

Many thanks
David Garvin

Stayed January 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just returned from a weeks snowboarding with More Mountain and stayed at La Cabine.

The entire trip was perfect, It even snowed 4 days while we were there. All thought the chalet is not bang central in Morzine centre this was easily remedied by our hosts Chris and Elle shuttling us around.... Chris even picked us up from the pub every night so we wouldn't miss dinner!

As in the title everything was simply perfect, our hosts couldnt do enough for us. Id recommend this chalet and the standard of service to all!

Thanks guys
Monty

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me just start by saying I'm one of those people who never ever bother filling in feedback forms, I never read reviews of things before I buy them and out of all the amazing holidays I've been on over the years I've never felt the urge to come home, log onto tripadvisor and write a review of it. Until now...

My wife and I stayed with Ellie & Chris at La Cabine for a week just before Christmas, this was our first ever skiing holiday and to be honest I found the whole idea of staying in a chalet with people we didn't know a little bit weird. I even downloaded loads of films onto the iPad before we left home just so we'd have something to occupy the evenings (which I was convinced we'd spend locked away in our room away from the other guests). I'm a social person don't get me wrong but you never make real friends on holidays do you, you just tolerate them for a few hours every evening for a week or so and then accidentally misplace their email address as soon as you get home.

Ellie & Chris really were the perfect hosts, we were made to feel at home within minutes of arriving. Ellie's cooking is to die for and why Chris hasn't 'put a ring on it' yet is beyond me! Chances are if you're reading this you're either already booked to go (in which case I'm incredibly jealous) or you're on the verge of booking (Just do it, you won't find better).

The skiing in Avoriaz was brilliant, we had a 2hr lesson each morning followed by a spot of lunch (highly recommend the burger place next to the Yeti bar by the way) and then skied with our new chalet friends in the afternoons. Chris & Ellie were only ever a phone call/walkie talkie away and seemed to drop everything to look after us, they even skied with us a few times which was ace.

The whole set up really is first class, I can't wait to go back. Chris & Ellie are one of the most genuine, caring and just all round lovely couples I've ever met. I want them to move to Derbyshire and be my best friends!! I'm not going to give you any tips as Chris and Ellie will do that when you get there.

We returned home with an iPad full of unwatched films, some new friends (and yes I shall be emailing them) a new love for skiing and huge respect for the whole More Mountain crew. You guys rock!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple