“Guests, not customers”

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Tunbridge Wells
“Guests, not customers”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a great find Le Cottage was. A friend and I, who hadn't skied for a while, decided we would take a short break to Morzine where I had stayed in an out-of-town chalet, before. Le Cottage is literally steps away from the Pleney bubble and could not have been in a better location.

While the room was not 5* (although we had a great bath & shower in the en-suite), the service and the amazingly friendly people there, were. We honestly felt like house-guests rather than 'customers' and immediately felt at home. Everyone here has already commented on the fantastic Seb, Ben and the unseen but amazing chef, Tiffany. I know that we probably drove Seb crazy with out stupid questions, but he was very patient with us! The star of the show for me was Oli, however. Oli is the Welsh barman who I can only describe as 'fabbalus'.

In short, a truly warm welcome, cosy environment and we couldn't have felt more welcome.
Planning on enlisting a group for next year already. Seb, you have been warned. Caro and Sue will be back!

Room Tip: Whilst there is great entertainment (a live band on a Tuesday night, for example), apres ski does no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CVG070

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back from my second trip to Morzine, staying at the hotel Le cottage and I have to say it gets better and better. Seb, Angie and their staff team all made us feel extremely welcome and looked after everything. If you are a group big or small then this is the place for you. Excellent food in an amazing location. I will be back as many times as my wife will let me ! Top job Dany

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dany D
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here for a lads weekend away and with some new skiers in the group they and I were well and truly spoilt with the quality and prime location of this hotel. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Sebastian (the owner) who immediately made us feel welcome and spoke fantastic english, his staff Ben, Lottie and Sofia were great and extremely helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean, and the overall location was perfect with the lift a mere 1 minute walk away. The food was excellent and by far the best Ive had without leaving the hotel, staff were flexible and the set menu could be altered with notice to suit individual dietary needs. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and will certainly be returning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael H
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed there from 13th march for a week and we are sorting it out for next yr...the staff are great,lotti,Ben and wife(the chef) who makes the best food I have had on any skiing trip....would recommend to anyone...the ski lift is 25 mars away..DJ Après-ski on thus then across the rd on fri (le tremplin) are two of the best nights

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at Le Cottage for 5 days in February and location wise it couldn't be better. The hotel itself is as lovely as the pics show, the rooms themselves are small but as you would expect in most French hotels. To top it all off the staff were brilliant, which made the atmosphere in the hotel very relaxed and easy going. Top class!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My son and I stayed at Le Cottage for a few days last weekend and we were delighted with the whole experience. if you are looking for a perfect hotel for a ski holiday, then don't look any further, stop here and get yourself booked into Le Cottage.
The location is great, just a few steps from a really friendly ski hire shop, 25 mtrs from Le Plenney lift, 5 mins from the town square and if your room is at the back you may see the slopes too.
The rooms aren't huge but they are in a very nice Alpine style with everything you need. They even have BBC TV etc if you want to keep up with the news from home.
The food is so good, it is hard to describe - 3 delicious courses every evening with cheeses to follow if you have room!
The lounges and log fires have a really cosy feel, the bar is very popular and friendly and the outdoor terrace terrific for apres ski, but don't worry, the music tends to wind down by dinner time.
Sebastian recommended SkiidyGonzales for transfers who were very quick and efficient and dropped us 2 steps from the front door!
The staff here really made the place special, Sebastian the owner is charming and very hard working, his wife we never saw because she was working miracles in the kitchen, Ben was a really welcoming host who made us feel totally at home and the beautiful young lady who served us each evening couldn't have been more charming if she had tried.
I had an accident on the last afternoon while skiing and they were all very concerned and helpful, even cutting my dinner up for me so I could eat the duck!!
So if you are still undecided, don't be - just book yourself a stay here - if you can get in, I suspect when more people get to hear about this place, rooms will get booked up a long way in advance ... enjoy :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Location couldn't be better - right next to the Pleney lift. But there are so many other reasons to visit le Cottage. Apres-ski is great, food was varied and really tasty, hosts were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, foot warmers for your boots, spotless and plenty of hot water.

Yes the rooms are a bit small - but then I would expect that in a ski resort. Don't take a big case! And the rooms are too arm - but I would rather open a window than have a permanently cold room. We didn't go half-board but would probably do this next time as the food was lovely when we stayed in the hotel. Overall, this is excellent value for money and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple