All reviews table tennis super morzine every night course dinner lounge areas are town centre charming hotel perfect place to relax family room buffet breakfast wine selection kids aged boot room evening meals are ski hotel special dietary requirements fussy eater
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We have just returned from our second stay in this wonderful hotel. The location is great- halfway between the two two main lifts and an easy walk to both. The hotel itself is cosy, clean very traditional. The staff are absolutely lovely - cheery, helpful and well organised. Breakfast is generous and filling and the 5 course dinner is truly excellent. Drinks in the atmospheric bar are well-priced. We had a corner room on the top floor and the views over the town and mountains are fabulous. This hotel is very highly recommended and we will certainly be going back.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Bel Alpe is very accessible to Morzine's centre and is only a short (5 minutes) walk to the resort's ski lifts. The owner and her staff are a delight. Breakfast is varied and fulsome; evening dinner is five excellent courses with the opportunity to request a departure from the very good set menu, subject to notice at breakfast. I didn't find any need to do so but my grandson's requests were accommodated without a problem. I've not yet "weighed-in" since returning home but I don't expect to have returned lighter!
Our room was reasonably spacious with a balcony around two sides. Cleanliness was very good.

Room tip: Rooms at the front and those facing towards the village all have lovely views.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Francoise and her team welcome you to this delightful hotel just a few minutes walk away from the Pleney lift. A very well kep hotel with beautiful decor, lovely bedrooms, very warm and the most fluffy towels I have ever had on a skiing holiday. Five course evening meal is wonderful - you must give this hotel a try.
We will be back.

Room tip: Worth paying extra for a superior toom
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food is excellent, five different courses each evening and buffet breakfast in morning. Our room was on the top floor with views of morzine village and mountains and it was clean with fluffy towels in bathroom and comfortable bed.

In the basement there is a billiard room , sauna and heated boot room. It takes 5mins to walk to the pleney gondola and shops ,bars.

I can highly recommend this chalet style hotel if you are looking for comfort , relaxation and superb service without commercialism.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Firstly I have to say that the location of this hotel is very good, being a short walk to either the Pleney gondola for the Morzine slopes or the Super-Morzine Gondola for the connections to Avoriaz and on across the Portes du Soleil area to Switzerland. The Hotel is good and clean and the staff friendly. Nice beds, fine alpine views. There is a small ski room in the basement where you will also find the sauna, a snooker table and a table tennis table. Although a fixed menu (what do you expect at these prices?), I found the food very good. You can request a fondue or raclette as an alternative. I did and my fondue was delicious. All the staff were very friendly and helped me with my bag on ever occasion. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room tip: No lift so if you are a bit infirm you would not want the third floor, but this is an observation, not a complaint.
Date of stay: January 2017