“Excellent Instructor and Friendly Service. Easy 5/5”
Review of Mint Snowboarding

Mint Snowboarding
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Morzine
More attraction details
Owner description: MINT Snowboarding offers snowboard progression for all levels & interests; offering private tuition, group sessions, snowboard camps, instructor training, freestyle coaching & off-piste guiding. Based in the Portes du Soleil French ski resorts of Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets & Chatel. Whether you're looking to link your first turns, thread a needle through a tight, powdery glade or start adding some style in the park... MINT will get you progressing towards your goals!
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Spoke with Lindsey on the phone to talk about lessons and ended up going into the shop to have a longer chat about my level. She was very friendly and put me in exactly the right level group which is obviously very important. (I did a 4-day Group beginner Level 2 course)

My instructor, François, was excellent from start to finish. With around 22 years of Snowboarding experience, 14 of which coaching, he really understood the mechanics of snow boarding and was able to communicate them.

He kept it fun and was very up beat. But most important of all he cared about our group getting better and did everything he could to ensure we did.

Date of experience: January 2017
in 10 reviews
"francois"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 8 January 2017

The instructors are incredible. I writes as a father of a 3 year old whose child has had lessons with 3 different instructors and have to tip my hat to Tammy and the team the consistency is inspirational.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is my 4th course with the Mint team (3rd technical performance) and the courses just keep getting better and better, and more worthwhile. And from the feedback I was getting, its really paying off.

It worth mentioning that I was on the course on December 16th 2016, and yet another disappointing show on the snow front. But with the Mint team being what it is, they just looked past the rocks and set us all off on the pistes that were open. To be fair to the Avoriaz piste teams they did an excellent job in maintaining and producing snow the way they did. The snow we actually had to ride wasn't that bad at all.

With this being the 3rd technical performance course I did wonder how I would get on as I was pretty familiar with the format, but all credit to our instructor, he found all the holes in my riding and pushed me further into new areas that I hadn't developed yet. Although you are in a group of maximum 6, the instructors do give each boarder individual, as well as group, goals so I was more than happy. The group soon forgot about the lack of snow and started slashing around the deserted pistes we had all to ourselves. One benefit of a mid December ride!

Mint do a great job in integrating the whole camp together with meetings in the day and night, so everyone on the whole course from beginner to advanced can meet up, chat and compare bruises. By the middle of the week it was more like a group holiday of mates than 6 individuals coming to improve their snowboarding.

Needless to say i'll be back, keeping a close eye on the weather and webcams. I think my biggest problem will be getting on a course now as spaces soon get snapped up.

Thanks to Tammy, Dave (awesome to go ride with you mate) and the whole Team. Keep doing what you're doing and the awards will keep rolling in I am sure.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Initially uncertain there were group lessons to cater for my needs, Tammy took the time to explain the options available, answer questions and ensure that I was totally happy with the booking that I went on to make. It turned out, due to unforeseen circumstances, my group was cancelled, I was however, offered private lessons instead, an alternative which I was more than happy with. Being largely self taught, Simone my instructor was quickly able to identify and address my "bad habits" (my term) without making me feel my technique was "wrong", clearly identifying the next steps for me to progress, both things key to making the lessons challenging and enjoyable. Nothing in Snow sports is cheap so if like myself you need to have confidence that your hard earned pounds are being wisely spent, lessons with Mint can most definitely be seen as an investment in your boarding education. I will hopefully be looking forward to more Mint time in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2017

The team at Mint are professional from start to finish, they have a genuine desire to improve your boarding. I joined one of their really season camps as a single traveler and found the group that I was staying with to be amazing. I have been snowboarding for 20 years and have really honed some of my bad habits. The instructors were focused on everything about my boarding from body position, weight distribution, heal and toe pressure, upper body rotation, weighting and unweighting etc etc etc. They picked up on the little things that can make a big difference to your ridding. My thanks goes out to Tammy and her team of inspiring instructors who want to make your ridding better! I have already discussed with two friends attending the 2017/18 early season camp in December.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction