“Best lesson ever”
Review of Mint Snowboarding

Mint Snowboarding
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Morzine
More attraction details
Owner description: MINT Snowboarding offers snowboard progression for all levels & interests; offering private tuition, group sessions, snowboard camps, instructor training, freestyle coaching & off-piste guiding. Based in the Portes du Soleil French ski resorts of Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets & Chatel. Whether you're looking to link your first turns, thread a needle through a tight, powdery glade or start adding some style in the park... MINT will get you progressing towards your goals!
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We have used Mint before and they are proving to be consistently top notch. After two years off the slopes after a confidence destroying accident I've just had 2 lessons with Ivan from Mint. He was brilliant and made everything fun. I've never laughed so much whilst learning so much. He really seemed to understand that holidays should be fun and never lost patience despite my inabilities.
Fingers crossed he'll still be there next year because (unfortunately for him) we'll be back!

1  Thank celestekw
in 10 reviews
"francois"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Due to a previous injury and a couple of seasons on bad snow I was having technique problems and couldn't quite work out what I was doing wrong. I was recommended a two hour private lesson based on the time I had left on my holiday and needing some one on one attention. The instructor, Laura, was excellent as she was able to give tips for the conditions and took me through a series of exercises to get me back on track in positive way. I've had previous private tuition that hasn't given detailed explanation on the technique or had the positive encouragement and engagement that makes it an enjoyable experience. There was also no pushy sales talk at any stage. Due to the experience, knowledge and the people I dealt with I would recommend them and use them again. Definitely value for money as a result.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We cannot recommend Mint enough!! Right from our initial enquiry, to booking extra lessons during our stay, to our daughters fantastic instructor, the whole experience was first class. Our 3 year old (yes, 3 year old) had the best introduction to boarding that we could have ever hoped for - thanks to her awesome instructor Simone. He had a wonderful way with her, knowing just how much to challenge her and when to stop. It was amazing to see her confidence both on and off the snow take a huge leap and as the week progressed she was having so much fun she couldn't wait for her next lesson. Never for a minute expected her to be riding a chairlift, doing nose and tail grabs and even turning (allbeit holding one of her instructor's hands but it gave her the movement and sensation) smoothly. We won't hesitate booking again if we come back, definately some progression lessons also for mum and dad too -before we get left behind by the mini-shredder!!

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We booked our 5 year old daughter in for a week if snowboarding lessons she had so much fun with Ivan her instructor. I'm pretty sure by the smile on Ivan face he had just as much fun

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2017

This is the second time I have had lessons with Mint Snowboarding and the reason being they are just fantastic. This time I returned to lessons as I had an accident four years ago and injured my knee. I was really nervous about getting back on a board. But my instructor, Toni, put me at ease straight away as soon as I met him. Really friendly and welcoming. I had two private lessons and he had me doing turns in no time. He also went through how and why I'd had the accident 4 years ago (basically I hadn't learnt how to control the board well enough and had been taught badly on that particular holiday, nothing to do with Mint that year!). Toni also got me over my major fear of button lifts too. 12 years I had an awful experience with an ESF instructor who basically tried to humiliate me on my first ever set of lessons in front of the rest of the class and the lift attendants as I kept falling off the button lift in the same place! I had refused to get on a button lift since!! But Toni was amazing and very reassuring, went through everthing slowly and got the lift slowed down for me! Totally nailed the button lift after that! He also showed me how to read the mountain, so I could work out the best places to turn! Overal a great experience and I wouldn't go with anyone else!