Open today: 08:30 - 19:30
Review Highlights
Private Snowboard Lesson

Had a 2 hour lesson with Laura to improve my snowboarding. Excellent lesson, reinforced what I... read more

Reviewed yesterday
chrismY7699IM
Shropshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Brillant Company & Fantastic Instructor

This is the second year our boys (aged 6 & 7) have had 6 lessons with Iban. Mint were great to... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Excursion476313

All reviews next year off piste my son few years learn how amazing week great teacher private lesson comfort zone having fun two hour lesson these guys thank you so much small group group lesson red runs les gets
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Right from making first contact with the Mint team Tammy was super supportive and reassured me that I wouldn't regret joining the off-piste freeride camp and she was right!

Dave, our instructor for the week helped me to push myself but also made sure I never felt overwhelmed or uncomfortable with the terrain we were riding. There wasn't a lot of snow on piste but we found fresh tracks somewhere everyday as well as progressing our riding technique.

The group was super welcoming and it was a real pleasure to ride with new friends who all shared the same passion for snowboarding. Having been on a few holidays were I haven't really seen the progression or accessed more interesting parts of the mountain this course met all my expectations and I will definitely be booking an alone snowboard trip again next year!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017

As an experienced boarder of more years than I can remember, I love messing about off-piste and so booked a 3 hour backcountry lesson with Mint's Francois on my 50th birthday. Francois explained that spring thaw is not the best time to "nip down the vallee de la manche" so morning would be safest, however the snow was too hard to cut through in the morning and I was concerned about staying on control. He and Tammy graciously compromised and suggested we begin at 11:00am but would need to be particularly careful on the south facing slopes as the temperatures were around plus 15 degrees C, so the avalanche risk was high. He started by setting up my board stance further back and explaining how best to ride and carve with a longer nose. He then provided excellent and very clear avalanche equipment and awareness training before we started.
Once we hiked over the crest from the top of the Fornet bowl the view was amazing but the best route down the valley below far from clear. Francois lead a safe but challenging route (the snow conditions changing every few meters) giving great guidance on the route and areas to avoid, risk of crevasses etc. It was a tough decent for the old man, but Francois support and nifty tricks kept my spirits up.
Once through the valley the route down through the trees was just postcard beautiful and we even had to walk a short piece as the snow had totally gone (welcome to spring). We made it in time for a quick rest in the cafe and Francois offered to buy me a beer for my birthday but had actually organised a small cake (amazing given I had only told him about my big day on the way down). The whole cafe cheering as the waitress brought out a roman candle spewing fire from a lovely little chocolate cupcake was a memory I will never forget, and all the better for being a genuine total surprise.
Francois was a very skilled and highly professional boarder and taught me a huge amount in just a few hours. We had a great time going down and a good laugh on the bus and lift back up to Avoriaz.
I would highly recommend Mint and Francois for safe but fun backcountry adventures (although obviously earlier than mid March would be a better time to be more sure of fresh snow).

Thanks for a great afternoon and for making an old boarders birthday totally MINT.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017

My husband and I both snowboard, we are both reasonably confident, but he is a lot stronger than me, we have tried group lessons and private lessons before, but not been overwhelmed. I saw the flier at TSA in Tamworth and the range of technical lessons over a week appealed to me, especially the small group sizes. Our group of 5 was a very mixed bunch, from a relative novice, to 2 people who were happy to do jumps and challenging off piste. Our instructor (Toni) managed to support all of us, kept the mornings varied between on piste carving and "basic" skills, to deep and steep powder, a run through a park and how to do fun tricks like jumping on the edge of slopes and spraying people with snow when doing an emergency stop. All in all a great range of useful and fun things that I will take away, my confidence and enthusiasm for pushing myself further came on more in this week than from any other series of lessons, highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We've been using Mint for our daughter's snowboard lessons for three years. She's now five years old and can ride fairly independently. Her two year old sister even had a go this year. We love Mint Snowboarding - Laura has always taken such good care of our children they and us consider her a friend and love to return each year. It's part of the reason we come back to Morzine.

Date of experience: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I made use of two, two hour private lessons. My assigned instructor was fantastic, he was more than capable of reading my then current ability level and tailoring my lessons accordingly. He made sure that I wasn't overstretched in my capabilities but at the same time encouraged me to push myself and what I could achieve. He was friendly and accommodating and had a more than comprehensive level of knowledge and expertise. I feel thoroughly benefitted and would definitely both recommend and use Mint Snowboarding in future.

Date of experience: January 2017