Open today: 08:30 - 19:30
Review Highlights
The Best. Sensational

My 10 year old son had lessons with Francois. He was terrific, a fantastically patient and friendly... read more

Reviewed 31 May 2018
rayne205
London, United Kingdom
Excellent teachers

Francois and Tony were great teachers. Both very patient and helped me to improve a lot. I would... read more

Reviewed 14 May 2018
pammyliz1
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

All reviews next year off piste my son amazing week learn how private lesson great teacher two hour lesson comfort zone these guys having fun thank you so much small group group lesson blue runs les gets francois
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Having snowboarded for many years, and feeling I'd reached a point where I felt I was in a rut in my riding skills, I decided a private lesson with Mint would give me the push I needed. I and my brother booked a 2-hour private lesson with our instructor (Simone). After quickly running through our riding and correcting some habits, we moved onto learning new things. Euro carves, hitting bigger side hits, flatland tricks and pushing our riding more than we'd do on our own. Simone was informative, passionate and was generally stoked to be passing on his knowledge. What a great 2-hours and worth every penny. I've known of Mint for many years, and they just go from strength to strength every year.

You may feel that you no longer need lessons, but riding with a Mint instructor is liking riding with a friend that rides everyday, passing on their tips and skill and generally happy to teach as much as they can. I will come back to slash the mountain again with Mint.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

If you ever need snowboard lesson in the Porte Du Soleil then give Mint a call.

Having been a boarder for 10years I wanted the rest of the family to have a go. After a 2 hour lesson, the kids were hitting the sliders and rainbow on the Bunny hill at Pleney!

After 3, 2 hour lessons they where ready to hit the main slopes with me.

Unfortunately my wife fell on ice on the last lesson, but Ivan their instructor got her to the medical centre and helped her fill out the forms, met me of the lift and took me to the centre, then took the kids out to finished their lesson. He then messaged me later in the day to check she was ok.

Huge thanks to Ivan, we will all be back next year to have another go (including the wife!) she wasn't put off.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I highly recommend Mint Snowboarding. I had two three-hour private lessons with them during a short holiday to Morzine. This was my very first winter holiday, and while I had done a few snowboarding lessons at an indoor slope in the UK, I was still a complete novice. My instructor Ivan was friendly, patient, knowledgeable and soon had me progressing off the nursery slope onto blue runs. I progressed so much more than I thought I would, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thanks Ivan for the boss lessons!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My three-year old son William had x3 individual lessons with Laura at Mint, in Les Gets in January 2017. In addition to the Mint team being knowledgeable and helpful ahead of time, they also hire great, friendly instructors! Laura was kind, patient and a great teacher - in short, everything you'd want for a 3yr old's instructor! Have snuck off for a few runs during the last of his 3 lessions, my wife and looked down from the chairlift that went directly over the nursery slope, and couldn't see the two of them - only to then look up, and they were on the blue run ahead of us! That gave all of us the confidence to sit William on the lift and ride blues with him for the rest of the trip. Easy to recommend Mint, they are great at what they do. Muchas gracias Laura!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017

My Boys and I have enjoyed almost sixty hours of instruction from Mint over the course of three visits to Avoriaz. Whilst there are higher resorts with better late season snow, we have chosen Avoriaz each time, specifically for Mint. There is more choice of snowboard only schools now in Avoriaz than when we first visited in 2012, but I do believe Mint still set the standard.This is evidenced by them winning the 2016 World Snow Sports "Best Snowsports School."

All of the Mint Instructors have at least ten years experience of teaching prior to being invited to join the team (in addition to advanced certification of competencies). I must however single out Francois for a special mention; he eats, sleeps and breaths snowboarding and travels to the Southern Hemisphere to continue sharing his expertise and enthusiasm year round. He has grown up in the Portes du Soleil and knows the region inside out. What especially impressed me was how observant he was with respect to my two very different sons; he quickly assessed their personalities and learning styles and adjusting his teaching accordingly. We established over the course of the lessons that the only thing that comes close to matching Francois's passion for snowboarding, is his love of French cheese!