“Skills week”
Review of Mint Snowboarding

Mint Snowboarding
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Morzine
More attraction details
Owner description: MINT Snowboarding offers snowboard progression for all levels & interests; offering private tuition, group sessions, snowboard camps, instructor training, freestyle coaching & off-piste guiding. Based in the Portes du Soleil French ski resorts of Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets & Chatel. Whether you're looking to link your first turns, thread a needle through a tight, powdery glade or start adding some style in the park... MINT will get you progressing towards your goals!
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Having used Mint before for my family and everyone raving about them I decided to try for myself in the end of season Skills week camp. I was a little anxious having never gone on my own before but I'm so glad I did.

We were split into two groups and I had Gerard instruct me for the week. I had two wishes for the week, land a 360 off a blue kicker and go off a red kicker. Quite challenging for a 41 year old but managed both by the end of the week thanks to Gerards amazing tuition. Great instructor and all round nice guy.

I also met a bunch of great people it was an absolute pleasure to shred with for the week.

I will be booking with Mint again in the future for sure.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"francois"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My 12 yo twins had a blast snowboarding with Gerard. They are good snowboarders that wanted to learn some more tricks and improve þeir skills. Gerard is and excelent instructor. I can truly recommend MINT snowboarding. Their atmosphere is light and fun but with quality teaching.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Took myself (43 yrs) and two boys (9 & 11 yrs) to Avoriaz earlier this week. None of us have snowboarded before. Within a few days we were on red runs and doing jumps!! See pics to prove it. We were instructed by the fabulous Simone & Valerio who were just brilliant with all 3 of us and their attention to detail was great as well as their endless energy!

I full recommend Mint Snowboarding to any beginner and will certainly be going back to hone our craft! Thanks to all at Mint, amazing job and great company.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We were recently in Avoriaz and my little boy had lessons with Gerard from Mint. WOW..... absolutely brilliant, Gerrard had the patience of a saint and was super enthusiastic with Eddie. Unfortunately Eddie was unwell for half of the lessons (and on inhalers/antibiotics) which made him a bit cranky and Gerard took it all in his stride.His professionalism and encouragement was just mind blowing and it reflected in my little boy being excited each morning to join him!
We stayed with Eddie for his lessons as he is still learning to be confident when he's with others and this wasn't a problem for Gerard.

As Eddie was learning on a Burton riglet we had to hire equipment and to say that the hire shops in Avoriaz were less than helpful is an understatement, however, one call to mint and they advised us of another hire shop (which saved us a trek down to Morzine) "Changabang" who were SO helpful, we hired boots/board and helmet for 1 week for €60.

Even writing this review doesn't seem to do Mint or Gerard any justice!!!

A huge huge thank you to Mint for brilliant organisation and friendly staff and an extra thank you to Gerrard for ensuring Eddie STILL talks about his buddy instructor on the snow!!

We will be back next season!

Date of experience: March 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Having snowboarded for many years, and feeling I'd reached a point where I felt I was in a rut in my riding skills, I decided a private lesson with Mint would give me the push I needed. I and my brother booked a 2-hour private lesson with our instructor (Simone). After quickly running through our riding and correcting some habits, we moved onto learning new things. Euro carves, hitting bigger side hits, flatland tricks and pushing our riding more than we'd do on our own. Simone was informative, passionate and was generally stoked to be passing on his knowledge. What a great 2-hours and worth every penny. I've known of Mint for many years, and they just go from strength to strength every year.

You may feel that you no longer need lessons, but riding with a Mint instructor is liking riding with a friend that rides everyday, passing on their tips and skill and generally happy to teach as much as they can. I will come back to slash the mountain again with Mint.

Date of experience: March 2017