“Manager tries to lamp customer”
Review of Pointe de Nyon

Pointe de Nyon
Ranked #41 of 163 Restaurants in Morzine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Manager tries to lamp customer”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I went to this restaurant today with my wife and 3 small children We ordered pasta and it was horrid so we asked to speak to the manager about the food. When the manager came out all that he said was that we should pay and never come back (which we will do) so I asked if I could have a quiet word with him because at this point in time he was shouting. His 2 daughters came out and 1 tried to punch me. The manager then proceeded to push my wife backwards as if to say get out. The chef came out and also had a go at me and my wife.

Never ever go there unless your looking for a bar brawl.

6 Thank CJorda
Amie P, Public Relations Manager at Pointe de Nyon, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
Hi There - We just wanted to let you (and other readers!) know that the Manager you refer to no longer works at the Pointe de Nyon and the whole restaurant is now under new ownership. Significant improvements have been made and there certainly won't be any further instances of 'lamping' we can assure you! Please come back and visit us to see for yourself.

Morzine, France
“Stay away - Outrageously bad service with owner threatening diners”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was in the restaurant today to meet some friends after lunch, but what I experienced was nothing short of threatening behaviour by the owner, a very nice English family eating at the table opposite my friends had asked to talk to the owner about the very poor food, the owner came out and simply responded by pushing the mother of the family, swearing in french to them and telling them to pay the bill and not to come back again. The daughter of the owner then came out and threatened to hit the farther of the family who was clearly a timid man trying to protect his wife

The location is great, but my friends concur with the english family that the food is poor at best and very expensive, do not go near the place, a danger to your family.

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank Brian J
We just want to reassure anyone reading this review that the Pointe de Nyon now has new owners, who aren't in the habit of fighting with customers. Serious improvements have been made all round and we hope you'll come and see them for yourselves!
“Complain about the dreadful food and the owner will try to thump you!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Dreadful meal that resulted in us complaining about one dish in particular. The manager was really aggressive and pushed my female companion. We ended up paying just to get out of the place. Really shocked.

6 Thank JDorling
Hopefully if you've made it this far down the list of reviews you'll have already seen our message regarding new owners at the Pointe de Nyon. We just wanted to once again assure everyone that the new owners have significantly improved all elements of the restaurant and you can be assured of a fantastic meal. We hope to welcome you to the Pointe de Nyon this winter.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Ski or walk past”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Food ok, location great. They don't let you share food, or have anyone in you group not eating even when they are not busy. Feels like very greedy owners who don't care about their customers.

• Visited December 2012