“Tom Watts - Brilliant!”

British Alpine Ski School
Ranked #2 of 41 things to do in Morzine
More attraction details
Owner description: BASS Morzine & Les Gets is a snowsports school and instructor training centre based in the French alps. We have established a reputation for excellence through the exceptional quality of our group sessions, private lessons and long term training provided in English language to small, personal groups. We operate in the resorts of Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz in the huge Portes Du Soleil. Out of European winters we deliver courses in UK snow centres and glacier resorts such as Stubai and Les Deux Alpes.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We initially booked with BASS last year for my daughter and decided to book with them again this year. Initially she was very nervous on the slopes (as she is at the begining of every holiday) and so we decided that a 2 hour private lesson with the same instructor she had last year would benefit her. Tom Watts (the instructor) is a miracle worker! After this lesson, Millie's confidence soared. We booked a further 2 hour private lesson by which time Millie was skiing backwards as well as forwards, comfortably skiing down blue runs, and more often than not, throwing in a couple of jumps.
The staff in the BASS office are English so the booking process was very easy.
All the BASS instructors I saw on the slopes had happy clients (that weren't being shouted at or even hit with the ski poles as I witnessed certain French ski schools doing!!).
Keep it up BASS and we will definitely be booking with Tom again next year....although if Millie gets any better she will be a more competent skier than me....!!

There are newer reviews for British Alpine Ski School

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I had two three hour sessions during our weeks holiday. Becks was our instructor and in six hours we got a complete toolkit of skiing techniques to help us ski better. The teaching style was spot on, Becks helped us use our own feedback to show us when we were doing something right. We had had lessons before but had been left confused by strange drills that just didn't seem relevant. Becks unravelled all this and instead taught us what we needed to know for skiing on modern skis. Everything was taught in a fun and easy to remember way. Every minute was used constructively, for example we talked about the previous run and what we would do on the next one while on the ski lift. We already loved skiing but Becks has helped us love it more, it was worth every penny.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is my second time with BASS Morzine and this course was called Improving Parallel and that’s exactly what happened! I can even carve... a bit….

Craig was my instructor and within a week I went from a slightly nervous and very slow blue runner to a much faster, smother and confident red runner (smaller ones!).

I always find BASS professional and efficient and very flexible in their teaching. Craig was a great instructor and amazing skier (Ex British champion) and I found his style allowed us all to progress without feeling under too much pressure, that said, he pushed us harder as the week progressed and we all met the challenge.

A great ski school and highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

BASS really are different from other ski schools. I have two young children and BASS get the same results in one day that others get within a week. I think this is due to the small class sizes and the fun way the instructors instruct. I cannot tell you the joy I got from watching my 7 year old ski down a red run and my 4 year old proudly doing snowghplough turns down a blue run and them both enjoying it so much. I cannot recommend BASS highly enough!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Scott was an amazing teacher. Our skiing improved remarkably after our lessons. He has a very fresh and technical approach to teaching which suited us perfectly.