“Sandwich for Bob !”

Add it.
MEL's Cafe
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Our group of 11 used Mel's a few times for a good lunch. Bagels with pastrami and pickles, tasty burgers and fresh crepes. Sure it's "fast food" but it's nothing like the processed c#@p you get at Maccy D's or The Colonel's joint. It was cooked fresh in an open kitchen, service was pretty quick, with a nice touch being the use of a microphone / speakers to tell you your order was ready. We had real fun with the French hosts pronouncing "Bob".....okay puerile I know but hey we were on holiday and having a laugh ! :-)
For a change from the mountain restaurants, which were ok but again pretty basic AND much more expensive, Mel's is a good spot.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Mel's is just fast food. They do average burgers at an average (if not high) price.
Nothing particularly special and nothing to make me go back. That said, the food was served quickly and wasn't unpleasant so I guess they do what you would expect.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We only popped in to shelter from a downpour. It said "tea room" but when I asked for tea I got half a paper cup of warm water, a tea bag and some milk. The coffe and hot chocolate is made by an instant drink machine. Small tea, small coffee, orangina, small hot chocolate, one brownie and a chocolate doughnut €16!!!

2  Thank Bilbocombi
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Found this place and have to say it was the best burger in the whole of Morzine.
No fuss cafe straight forward food that tastes great. Just order at the counter wait until your name is called and collect your food.
Hit the spot after a morning of lessons to set you off ready to go back for the afternoon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My friends and I ended up having our lunch at MEL's Cafe most of our ski holiday (7 days) simply because their food was very fresh, tasty and good price. The place was always maintained very clean.

We loved their "campagne burger" which comes with raclette cheese and chabatta style buns.
Their food portion was just right for us: we sometime had only a burger/person without fries (or a cup of soup & fries). This way, we could avoid having heavy body for ski in the afternoon.

I also personally felt that they care about customers. It's a little thing... but I liked that a lady in the kitchen asked me whether I wanted warm milk or cold milk for my tea! It made me smile.

MEL's Cafe has a little cozy terrace space with a big bright pink umbrella! - you don't need to wait for your food in the shop. They have a speaker in the terrace and they will call your name! (I thought it was well thought.)

I would be happy to go back to MEL's Cafe for another occasions.
We are actually missing MEL's campagne burger!