“Excellent location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel le Tremplin

Hotel le Tremplin
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
“Excellent location and service”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stayed here with three friends. The location of the hotel is great, right beside the slopes but no noise from the nearby pubs. Rooms are a little bit on the small side but everything else was tip top.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Nikkeboentje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I will start by saying that the guy and girl on reception were extremely nice and so I've thought twice about writing this review.

The owner/manager was so horrible though that I feel compelled to do so.

While the hotel has an amazing location at the base of a run and is good value, there was a very noticeable sewage smell around reception and especially the boot room.

When we confronted the manager about this he was very non-plussed and made it clear that fixing it was not a priority (I notice this problem has occured before so obviously this has been happening for years).

When we told him he had to do something: change our rooms, give us a discount, fix it asap, he got very aggressive. So aggressive that we said we were leaving to which he became even more aggressive and threatened that he would call te police unless we paid for the days we were cancelling. Needless to say we didn't.

I also don't like the way that the place offers you a discount at this one ski hire shop which...he also owns as well.

Nasty man. Nasty smell. Left a nasty taste.

• Stayed January 2011
6 Thank tassthegreek
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The most friendly accommodating French Hotel I have ever stayed in.

The twin room was incredibly compact, but hey it was functional for a 5 night stay on a ski trip...Breakfast was a beautiful French selection always fresh every morning.

The hotel is in position A1 at the bottom of the Piste (rooms with views over) and has an apres bar in it with all other Morzine amenities right on your doorstep.

Access to the hotel (not reception) 24 hours a day.

Perfect for a short break...Will go back just for the convenience rather than the small bedroom!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Col____P___7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The hotel could not be closer to the slopes, lifts. The bar was great with fantastic service.
The rooms were clean & comfortable. I'll be going there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BedboarderHowells
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We have just spent four nights at the Tremplin. We found the staff extremely polite and helpful. Rooms were clean and prepared daily. Well priced and ideally located for the slopes and restaurants.

Breakfast was perfect. Staff accommodated our early departure pre official opening time Maybe the boiled egg cooker could be be quicker; takes 10 mins to boils and egg!

Well done team we will return next year!!

Thank you Ophelie, Aurelien and the team for making us all most welcome.

• Stayed March 2011
knutsford
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Excellent charming and helpful staff, perfect for skiing since you can start and finish at the hotel. Lively apres ski, but peaceful in the evening - good buffet breakfast. Near to some good local restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lindadolphins
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I have just returned from a four day flying visit to Morzine with my 11 year old son.
Having skied around the rest of France (Megeve, Tignes, Courcheval and ValThorens) I tentatively booked Morzine, as I did not want any transfer time eating into my short stay.
First off, Morzine. The resort itself is functional rather than beautiful, but the skiing was excellent. The fact that it had not snowed for 4 weeks prior to our arrival, filled me with dread, but they managed what snow there was superbly, and ensured almost all the runs were open.
I would highly recommend the website Morznet.com, and in particular its video snow reports which are updated almost daily and give an excellent over-view of piste condition.
Now for Le Tremplin.
Having read the reports (mostly historical) on Trip Advisor, I had incredibly low expectations. However, I have to say, that my fears were thoroughly misplaced.
The Hotel location is superb...my room (no 5) overlooked the Le Pleney run and was 50 feet from the lifts.
The room itself, whilst being on the very small side, was very clean, with comfortable (if not small) single beds, with a separate bathroom and toilet. There was always plenty of hot water, and the balcony I had (shared) was approximately 400 sq ft, and afforded the most fantastic views, especially of the show the ski school put on on the tuesday evening.
What most surprised me was the level of service and the professionalism of the staff. At one point I ran out of tissues in the bathroom, and telephoned down to ask for some more. Within 45 seconds I had a knock on my door....service not seen at many 5 star hotels I have stayed in.
Both Ophélie and Aurelien who were constantly present spoke excellent English, and were incredibly helpful for any queries I had. Additionally, they were very accommodating on assisting with my late check out..Full marks all round!
The buffet breakfast served between 8:00am and 10:30am was simple but good quality...fresh croissants, pain au chocolat, cold meats, yoghurts, eggs etc... and set us up for a good days skiing.
Yes the hotel is old, and yes the boot room did not smell like a beauty salon, but we were in and out of there in less than 2 minutes at a time, and the ski room was 15ft away where you could also store boots, if you really were that fussy!
In conclusion, please note...This is a 3 star Hotel...if you want something better, then look at 4 or 5 star accommodation.
If, however, your budget does not stretch to this, I think location-wise, service-wise and that rarest of things friendly French staff-=, then you really should take a look at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011