Hotel Les Airelles
US$108
Hotel l'Igloo(Morzine)
US$132
US$129
All reviewshalf boardhot stonelarge poolfresh oystersbit noisy at nightearly hours of the morningcentrally located hotelmini gymski tripfood for breakfastsauna and steam roomevery nightthis family run hotelmain liftsmeal timeslovely hotelexcellent location
Reviewed 19 March 2007

The hotel is in the centre of the village and so is convenient to the slopes and public transport. My room overlooked the main street where there was a night club so the noise was horrific at 2 in the morning. The hotel was full so they couldnt move me until the fourth night of my stay of seven - I did get peaceful sleep for the last three nights. The dining room wraps around the swimming pool so you need to swim outside meal times, there is very little walking area around the pool.
The history of the hotel says that it has been regularly extended over the years and the feel of the hotel reflects this with narrow corridors on all floors.
Dinner was a five course affair and the food was excellent, it was impossible to go through all the courses as one would have had to have been a gourmet.
It is a family run hotel and the family are very pleasant to deal with and helpful with any problems.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DublinIrelandBarney
Reviewed 14 January 2007

My sister and I stayed a week here and had a fantastic time. The food and staff are wonderful. The rooms and bathrooms are fine and the location is right in the centre of town. The bar is good for a drink or two before dinner. We are booked to go back in Feb 07.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank pip1200
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We expected good things from the hotel. The reviews are mostly very good and the speed of response and details provided on my enquiry were very impressive.

On the positive/neutral side the food was OK and some of the staff were excellent. Some other staff seemed very tired and rather cold.

The standard seemed borderline 3*. The room was a little tatty. Odd things like no obvious lights in the extremely dark corridors were very irritating.
The bed was the most uncomfortable and smallest double I've slept in for years. My wife and children in the next room concurred.

The biggest disaster of all though is the location. Looks great from the front but it is right in the middle of a busy pub and nightclub zone. We had horrendous noise outside until around 4.30am. We were not warned at all. Fortunately we had to leave after 1 night of a planned 3 night stay or we would have requested a move or gone elsewhere. maybe the rooms at the back are quiter. Given the volume of the noise I doubt it possible to escape completely though.

Interestingly we stayed in a little B&B in Conwy recently where we were supplied with complementary earplugs in case of concern from noise from seagulls - a nice touch which this hotel may consider.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank saints1b
A TripAdvisor Member
england
Reviewed 3 February 2006

I stayed in this hotel for a week and found the bar staff and waiters were fantastic. The food was lovley although I don't eat red meat and it was this or Fish which alot of people don't like.

The rooms were spacious had plenty of room. the maids can in everyday and had a tidy up made the beds changed the towels etc.

skiing in this resort was brillaint and the hotel has some heated pegs which I found was really good, everyday had dry feet!!!

The only thing I think I had to complain about was the food wasn't very well catered for young ones, we had a 4 year old with us and to get him to eat was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed 24 January 2006

We spent four nights here having arrived in Morzine without a booking.

Our first room was small with insufficient space for hanging bulky ski gear. It was also extremely noisy as it overlooked some pubs and a disco which didn't close until 05:00! We moved to a quieter and slightly larger room the next day after a sleepless night. This room also suffered from poor soundproofing from the adjacent rooms.

The dinner was very good but expensive. Fortunately we were not required to take half-board and we ate out for the next three nights. There are excellent places to eat in Morzine. Our choice to eat out was mostly due to the fact that hotel residents on half-board are expected to eat at tables laid out in the pool area. We found this very odd. The smell of chlorine and pools of water on the floor are not conducive to a relaxing evening!

There were some good touches such as the ski-room with heating for boots but overall this was a hotel where we felt the management could try a bit harder. They seemed too reliant on package tour business.

• Stayed: January 2006