“A mixed bag”
Review of Hotel Les Airelles

Hotel Les Airelles
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I didnt have any issues during my stay as Les Airelles. The hotel opperates on a full board basis. The food was good and there is plenty of it. Five courses every night, so you can certainly take your fill after a day of calorie burning on the slopes. Be careful you dont fall in the swimming pool though! The hotel restaurant where guests eat in based around the edge of the indoor swimming pool, so dont go too mad on the house red or you could be taking some additional exercise mid course. There is also a very small sauna in the basement - be prepared to queue. Its very small! - and popular.

As with most ski properties, the decor in the public area is.... shall we say rustic. That is the good news, the rooms, certainly the ones I saw and stayed in were positvely youth hostel. No frills what so ever. Old pine panelling, the narrowest beds ever and micro swower room. None of which is a real issue. After all you come here for what is outside of the hotel, not for the room. That shouldnt be used as an excuse never to refresh the rooms though. And the room at Les Airelles are well over due an upgrade. Especially if you are paying hansomely to stay there! I was upgraded by my tour operator due to a double booking at the hotel I had booked. I checked the price online and was shocked to see the rates. I'm not sure I would have been as happy with my stay, had I been paying full wack.

The hotel is superbly located thogh, smack bang in the centre of the resort, and a short walking distance from anywhall of the bars, restaurants and shops and ideal for use of the lifts on both sides of town.

I would certainly stay here again..........if the tour operator upgrades me and I get free full board. Not sure I would were I using my own money though.

Room Tip: I had a front facing room, onto the town square. It is a pretty quiet town, so traffic noise wasnt a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank waynerobert

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed at Les Airelles during winter holidays 2013.
Convinient location - not too far from both ski lifts in Morzine.
Prices were high as it was peak season and the service was not as great as you would expect for the price.
Dinners were included in the price and were quite good, at some days even very good. However, the breakfast were the same every day without much choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander A
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I recently took my young daughter on her first ski trip and the hotel was perfect for us.. The hotel is very central 200 yards from the lifts . Plenty of ski hire shops nearby. Hotel rooms are pretty big but do need updating. Rooms were also red hot. We was bed and breakfast and breakfasts were buffet, with a selection of cereals , boiled eggs, hot food, meats and cheese. My daughter used the pool but it was very cold. Loads of restaurants close by. Bar area is quite small but adequate. Biggest plus is its location. Being in the centre as other reviewers have commented late night revellers can be noisy. Worth a say though.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The way we were treated by the management was shocking!!! We arrived at the Hotel Les Airelles for our annual snowboard holiday and as soon as we entered the hotel we were spoken down to by the management - we initially thought that this was maybe just the way they treated the guests but it soon became apparent at meal time that as we were younger than the other guests they were treated with respect while we were treated with contempt. The next day after a day of snowboarding we sat down to our evening meal where we were again spoken down to. After eating our meals three of our party became violently ill all of whom had eaten the same dish. We spoke to the hotel manager who's responce was, 'so... nothing to do with me...'. We asked for him to call a doctor to attend to our party which he refused. We had to drag one of our party out of the hotel to the doctor who confirmed we all had food poisoning. On return to the hotel we were met with, 'if you soil the room you must pay'. We informed our ski tour operator, who were excellent, and they contacted the hotel and dealt with the issue on our behalf. Not once were we asked how we were feeling by the hotel management and not once did any of the staff visit our room to assist or help. In the end we stopped eating at the hotel, which we had paid full board for, as we were made to feel so unwelcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Good location right in the centre and not far from the lifts but as others have said it can be noisy. I stayed for 5 nights and was woken up on 4 nights by noise outside. The food in the restaurant is very good with a large salad buffet and excellent seafood on offer. Good swimming pool but the hotel is let down by the rooms which are tired and in need of updating. Being fair to the hotel it markets itself as a 3 star which is about right. Some British tour ops describe it as a 4 star- it is not of that standard.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Fantastic location, a two minute walk to the piste and some great après ski bars. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the food excellent and plentiful. I had a lovely large comfortable room at the front of the hotel with amazing views - the only downfall being noisy 'revellers' passing by at all hours of the night. Wifi is very unpredictable and cannot be relied upon. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The hotel is fabulous for access to the main lift which is the Pleney but Hotel is in the centre so unless you are a night owl or sleep like a log you could have a sleepless night. The rooms are comfy but tired and it looks more like a 3 star than a 4. Our room had separate toilet which was very useful and the power shower was great but the bathroom was very by the mall and neither had any ventialtion that worked. The french window to the balcony was broken. We had not enough storage space for three people so we had to use suitcases. The food was.good and the restaurant staff were excellant. We were asked to eat by the swimming pool but on request were given a table in the dinning room. Breakfast had to be taken by the pool with the smell of chlorine and drips from the roof. We spent alot of money on this holiday and did not get our money's worth. My sister had a family room which had a bed that came out of the wall and was a reminder of a caravan holiday!!!

Room Tip: not on the front and take ear plugs and sleeping pills
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family