“Unbeatable Value”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Bristol
“Unbeatable Value”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here from the 6th March to the 11th March.
We were on a tight budget so 63 Euros a night was great, the food was excellent, the room warm and plenty of hot water.
The owner Ciryl was keen to point out that our room (number 5) had the best view and what a view.
Ciryl and his staff couldnt do enough for us and I would defenatley return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Our family stayed in Le Grand Tetras from 26th of February till 3rd of march 2012. The hotel is well located, only a few minutes walk from the center and the fares are quite competitive (120 euros/day for a double room). Our room was small but tidy. Food is quite inconsistent, somedays the fixed dinner menu was pretty good, but some otherdays, quite average.

Important: Be careful of bad surprises at check-out: in our case, they over charged us 120 Euros for a room upgrade that we actually did not get !

In short, this hotel is a good option if you do not want to go for more pricey options.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Thierry M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The hotel is on the other side of the village to the (main) Pleney ski lifts. However, as we hired our skis from Berger Ski which is right next to the main lift we kinda liked walking through the village center each morning passed the chocolate shops and cafes. The hotel stay also qualifies you for a 20% discount at Berger Ski.

The hotel sits quite high up and if you lucky to get in to room 16 you're in for a delightful view. Our room was clean, comfortable and the manager, Cyril is quite attentive and open for requests.

My only gripe is that I don't eat meat and even though they catered for us their vegi food was pretty poor. My wife needed to calm me down from complaining most times when they served the mains. This is probably like many French establishments whom finds vegi food nearly impossible but I find it very hard to forgive the chef when everyone else is eating beef bourguignon and we had mashed sweet potatoes. Why on earth could they not make some simple vegi casserole or stewed mushrooms with thyme on mashed potatoes? Other easy to make recipes with similar ingredients. I told this to the manager and I can only hope he takes this on board. This really let down what could have been an excellent visit.

If you're not a vegi this place is well worth a visit and is also worth a visit if your a vegi and you're ok with omelette for dinner.

Room Tip: Room 16 has a great view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kolomna, Vladimir, Russia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Nice hotel, not very expencive We have been here in the end of february The dinner every day was perfect! Good location, about 5-7 minutes from bus stop. Good price for very good hotel! Ciryl (manager) always answered for the letter very fust. We have been here from 26.02.2012 to 3.03.2012

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Cardiff
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from half term and stayed at Le Grand Tetras. hotel has a deserved top rating on TA. Rooms are very clean, some have balconies. Ours was a triple and a little small, and not enough storage ( one small wardrobe and a few over bed cupboards) but luckily another person in our group had a large single room and we could store clothes there. Also only electrical socket was in bathroom.
Cyril ( owner) and his wife could not have been more pleasant and they both speak excellent english. Cyril rang our hotel on our way home to let them know we would be late. others in our group had small children and on request he cooked them different food to that on the menu. The staff are lovely too. Food at hotel is in general excellent.
Only real consideration to anyone considering booking is its location. I have been to Morzine several times and some will consider it a little far out, especially as with ski boots you cannot realistically walk to and from the lifts. That said you need to know that you can get a free ski bus from hotel at ten past the hour and twenty to ( every 30 mins) line D, which takes you directly to the lifts. The same bus back goes from the lifts ( opposite the L'Equipe hotel) on the o'clock and half past so if you don't mind that no problem.
I stayed at Bonne Valette in Morzine with my mate two weeks previous ( see my review there also( and I found both hotels to be excellent. Please contact me if you have any questions I can help with.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave F
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have just returned from the Hotel le Grand Tetras. I stayed for 3 nights half board. This was a short ski trip and i have to say it was the best place we could have stayed. From the moment we arrived the staff were so helpful. We were shown to our room which was in the building opposite the main reception and bar and was on the 1st floor. The rooms are quite small but perfect . We had a double en suite. There is plenty of warderobe space and a nice size balcony with great views. The room and bathroom were extremely warm and spotless!!. Its a short walk down the hill to the resort or I believe there is a bus that takes you direct. We used ABC Sport (Skiset) to rent boots and skis and this was great as you could leave your equipment overnight at the shop so there was no trekking involed with gear. My last point on my short stay at this hotel was the food. It was superb . It was a set meal each night with a wide variety of dishes across the 3 days ! Deserts were beautiful ! And great wine.. I will definitely return to this hotel again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grainne O
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have just returned from (I think) our 8th visit to Le Grand Tetras and once again the hospitality from Cyril, Mariona and the team (including Jan, their excellent chef) was superb.
The hotel is just a two minute or so walk to the bus stop or 5 minutes to the Super Morzine gondola so you're not right in the centre of town but close enough for easy access to bars, amenities and the vast Porte du Soleil ski range.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean and I think almost all have now been recently renovated. Most also have terrific views of the mountains.
As has been mentioned in other reviews, it is well worth paying for half board as the food is superb; traditional Savoyard cuisine and of sufficient quantity to re-fuel after a day on the slopes. Cyril has a good selection of wines available too.
What really sets this place apart though is the warm welcome and hospitality you receive. For us, right from our first trip, it has felt more like staying with friends, which probably sums the place up. Cyril has been in the business for a long time and it shows. Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends