“Amazing service and customer care”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morzine
Hotel-Chalet La Renardiere
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. We had a few minor issues on arrival which the staff were happy to mend within hours of informing them, with no trouble at all. The food was fantastic and meals were served timely. The hotel is in a good location with good storage for boards and skis with an entrance to the road. I could not fault this hotel and you definitely get more than you would expect. Amazing!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank charfranklin

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here from 5/1/14 - 12/1/14.
We were in the annex round and were over the moon with the accommodation. Spacious and clean. The staff were very welcoming and couldn't have made the stay any better. They were so accommodating, helping another couple in our party join the hotel (as they were booked in at the Ridge) Full of information about the town, Jamie the rep gave us some great places to check out in the evening and Sarah the manager was a star.
Highly recommend staying here. Not the closest place to the lifts but I don't mind a short walk. The hot tub was also a lovely added bonus just wish I'd got in there a little more often!
Hats off to the cook who did a tasty 3 course meal every night (apart from Wednesday - chefs night off). The duck was delish!!!

all in all a fantastic trip and cannot wait to get back out there!

Room Tip: We were placed the annex out the back ...... cracking room. :D
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Just what was required for a week's skiing: First class accommodation and catering and the delicious cakes at tea time were much appreciated too. Once we got to grips with the buses to and from Le Pleney all was plain sailing! It was fabulous to have our hired ski equipment returned to the shop by your staff on the last day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Binnie L
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at the Alpine Elements, Renardier hotel on the opening ski week from the 22nd to 29th December 2013. I have to say that we had a wonderful week (despite the relative lack of snow!) it was apparent that this was the opening week - power cuts, boiler breakdowns etc, but Sarah the manager (and her team) were absolutely fabulous in dealing with everything. She was open & honest and addressed all of the customers, communication is exactly what you want as a holiday maker. We had a party of 15 and on the first day soon sorted the dining arrangements so that we all sat together for the rest of the week. It was the first time we'd ski'd over Christmas and was unsure what to expect on Christmas day, well we weren't disappointed. On the morning we were treated to Buck's Fizz and a full English, and then for Christmas dinner we were treated to a 4 course dinner which included turkey with all the trimmings - absolutely fabulous! Whilst this is a fairly basic hotel, you cannot beat the hospitality & attentiveness of all the staff. I spend my life travelling the world in 5* hotels but I can honestly say I'd rather be treated by the team at the Renardier than by some of the hotels I visit month in, month out.

So well done Sarah and the team, we had a fabulous time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hello there,
I went there in June and I wrote a review straight away to be able to help/warn people from Alpine Elements. I pasted the whole 2-page letter on here but of course it was moderated...
I would like to say the positives that I wrote:
I would like to start by saying thank you for so many things that we found excellent with Alpine Elements.
Graham Goddard was great with all the booking and preparation so I would like to extend our gratitude to him and his booking team in London.
I was amazed by the sheer professionalism of some of the Hotel Assistants at Le Renardiere particularly Jasmine and Jo (shy but very kind and professional). It was nice to come back after a long day out to find that your room was tidy and at times, your clothes folded. It meant a lot to us and they evidently went beyond the call of duty.
As for the food, I have never met a 20 year old as talented as Lewis – a lovely guy too which is strange for a chef! The food was outstanding and we were not expecting such high gastronomic standards. So thank you.
The bike mechanics Darren and Pete tucked away in the Scottish den were great too and very cheery and helpful. It was a pleasure to meet them.

As for the negatives, there were too many. The AE crew were just hell-bent on gaining commission and were just 'advertising' the lucrative activities (to them). Thonon-les-bains is an hour away on the bus and worth a visit where you can chill by the French side of Lake Genava. Not a mention of it.
Natasha, the manager was very inept and seemed to be on Facebook a lot. They messed up a lot of things expecially their lucrative trip to Chamonix. We left late as she had forgotten to prepare our packed lunches. We got there and she had no idea where to tell the driver to stop. I tried to help because I am bilingual but it was extra stress I didn't sign up for. What broke the camel's back was when we nearly missed our flight the next day. The lovely coach driver picked us up on time but the chalet assistant responsible for getting everyone else on that bus probably woke up late and missed the bus. We had to make a u-turn 40 minutes into our journey to the airport. A family on the bus were very worried as their plane left earlier than ours. Stress, stress and more stress!

Also, we were sold these multi-activity passes when 95% of these activities were not available in mid-June when we went. Surely, the manager would do their research?
A lot of families there were very disappointed and a lot of complaints were made unfortunately. It's a shame to those there who worked so hard to make sure we had a comfortable stay...
I would recommend going to Morzine, it is just so amazing but maybe not with that tour operator! For your peace of mind.
Enjoy if you do go!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SairaBe
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at the Renardiere in the penultimate week of August. Having been concerned about noise and guest profile from previous reviews the Alpine Elements booking staff (Sarah) was reassuring and our concerns proved to be unfounded on arrival. We did though get the best deal of the week I think. We had the two bedroom apartment and got a fab deal of 100 euro bar tab per person. This effectively turned our holiday into being all inclusive as we either ate in the hotel at lunchtimes or took their packed lunches. The communal seating area of the hotel were a bit tired but the restaurant area, pool and hot tub were fine. The meals were great for us, there was a children's meal and proper vegetarian alternative every evening. While we are not really into organised holiday entertainment we found that the mix of guests (all families with either 5 - 10 year olds or teenagers) worked really well. We enjoyed sitting down to dinner in the evening and the evening activities laid on by the staff we well received by guests. While we did not make the most of the mountain bikes included in the detail we made full use of the Morzine pass with access to pools, cable cars/ski lifts and the brilliant white water rafting. We will definitely return, next year when our youngest is eight and old enough to white water raft!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel H
AlpineElementsTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel-Chalet La Renardiere, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Rachel H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review following your holiday and I am glad that I was able to reassure you prior to your departure as the Renardiere is a great property in a wonderful location.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy the 100 euro bar vouchers and we are currently offering these for selected properties next year.

All of our properties are inspected at the end of each season and any furniture that needs replacing is arranged in time for the next season and we do hope to see you again next year!

Sarah Stewart
Customer Care Advisor
Alpine Elements

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed the last week of August with Alpine elements, We enjoyed the activities on offer and most of the guests were a friendly happy bunch so we all got on fine, My only criticism would be the room we were allocated. We booked very early and asked for advice on the room to choose for three. What a waste of time that was - we ended up in a double with an extra bed - very cramped. I was irritated as fellow guests got proper triples for the same price! Apart from that I have no criticism of the hotel or the staff taking into account the price of the holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a room over the garden, not the wooded hill
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank charles092
AlpineElementsTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel-Chalet La Renardiere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear charles092,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the room you booked. I can see from your booking that the lead booker booked online and chose the room that you stayed in which was a triple, room number 6. The majority of our triples are the same size, contain three single beds and a floor plan can be found on our website and in our brochure.

We always recommend that if guests are unhappy with the room they have booked or have particular room requirements that these are discussed with our sales team as we may have other rooms available that we could move you to for your stay however rooms do book up quite quickly but as you booked very early then this would have been possible prior to departure.

All of our staff in resort are on hand to help with anything our guests may need and can also look to change your room once you have arrived in resort if you are unable to contact us before your departure.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the activities in resort and that your holiday with Alpine Elements was great. I would be interested in knowing your thoughts regarding the hotel and invite you to contact me directly.

Sarah Stewart