“Great views, food, and staff”
Review of Chalet Les 4 Vents

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Les 4 Vents
Ranked #52 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Excellent venue for a family ski holiday. The staff were welcoming and couldn't do more for you. The view from the rooms and hot tub was excellent. Food was brilliant, the kids loved the cakes and the early supper. We loved the cakes and 3 course evening meals. The chefs could not be faulted. The rest of the staff helped with driving us around, finding our lost helmets, skis and stuff. They were happy to let us have another beer in town after skiing!
Brilliant all round

Room Tip: All rooms were large and en suite, difficult to choose a favorite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Chalet Les 4 Vents

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Just glancing at the previous reviews should be enough for you to decide on booking a week at Les 4 Vents. However, here are my observations as well...

I arrived at Geneva airport several hours before the rest of my group. Despite this, and the fact that I was the only guest to be picked up at that time, Chalet owner Richard had driven down to meet me in the minibus and was waiting for me as I left the baggage collection.

The transfer took just over an hour, which was a very scenic drive, and on arrival Richard showed me were the equipment storage room was and invited me up to the dining room for a cuppa and some very nice chalet-baked cake.

I was then shown my room, No. 1, which had a twin set up. The room was very clean and sharp looking. From the window there is an excellent view across to the Pleney run that is only surpassed by the panoramic view from the dining room. The en-suite matched the room in cleanliness and I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it contained a nice and large glass-doored shower.

After freshening up and unpacking my clothes into the wardrobe I ventured downstairs and was shown the TV room/Bar by the helpful chalet staff. There is an honesty system in place in which each room can pick beers, wines, or soft drinks at any time of day that are then tallied up at the end of the week. Stubby 'Finkbrau' beers are 1€. I was able to relax in the TV room with a few beers until the rest of my group arrived.

Our evening meal was served at 19:30. At the table were approx 17 or 18 guests at it felt as if there was still plenty of space in the dining room. The opening starter was a pumpkin soup, which in all fairness, was one the nicest courses I've eaten in my life. The food that evening, and throughout the week, continued at a similar standard that was that of a very good restaurant.

Both vin blanc and vin rouge where supplied in more than sufficient quantity with each evening meal. In fact, on a couple of nights I felt the need to stay up, just to ensure no wine was wasted.

Breakfast was served from 08:00 each morning. There was an array of options to choose from; including: baguette, croissants, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, and the option of freshly made porridge or eggs. Tea, coffee and juice were as ever freely available and the staff can even cater for special dietary requirements if informed in advance.

We collected our boots from the equipment room which had warmed nicely overnight on the new boot drying machine. Being an awesome snowboarder, I already have my own equipment, however the skiers in my group seemed more than happy with the rental equipment they had received the previous evening.

We were then taken to our chosen destinations by minibus. I was initially concerned about having to rely on lifts to get out and back home, but it really didn't feel an issue in reality. Drop off and pick up destinations and times are entirely your own choice, and nowhere seemed to be more than a brief five or ten minute drive away.

On the Wednesday the staff have a day off, breakfast is still served but it's suggested that you go out for your evening meal. This is an excellent chance to explore Morzine. Staff at the chalet are happy to suggest restaurants to eat at and will even call to book a place for you early on in the week.

Between 17:00 and 19:00 each evening the large outdoor hot tub is available for use. I utilised this time to the fullest, and whilst there are rules when using the hot tub, it's a fantastic way to unwind after a hard day of snowboarding or skiing. I would advise you jump in from day one.

There's very little you can criticise about Les 4 Vents. If I was being really, really picky I'd say that room No. 1 is above the front door, so, if you're hot stuff like me and sleep with the window open you 'may' be woken by early morning deliveries by the baguette man. However, Les 4 Vents is an amazing, friendly and luxurious place to spend a week and compared to other chalet holidays I've taken it is great value for money. I'll definitely be taking a holiday there again.

...in fact, I wouldn't mind doing two weeks instead of one, if there's any special offers going for founding members of niche snowboard clubs there Richard matey?

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I had a wonderful holiday at Chalet Les 4 Vents. The accommodation surpassed all my expectations! Our bedroom was lovely, a good size for two people complete with a new en-suite. The french doors in the bedroom lead to a large balcony and had wonderful views over Morzine not to mention the fabulous hot tub outside! There are also amazing views of Morzine from the dining room. I thought the owner, Richard, made us feel very welcome. As well as transfers to and from the resort, each morning and evening you could have a lift to and from the slopes at a time convenient for you. I thought the chef, Laura, was most accomplished and the three course evening meals were delivered to a high standard. I also thought Craig, who was part of the Chalet Les 4 Vents team, made a real effort to ensure that everyone enjoyed their holiday. A fabulous week, great accommodation and a lovely team to look after you!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

..except maybe this beautiful Chalet in Morzine!!

I stayed here for 6 nights in January 2013 and I must say it is probably one of the best places I have ever spent for a short time.

The Staff were helpful,friendly, inviting and an absolute joy. My Partner has a Gluten Intolerance and they were able to accomodate her dietary requirements perfectly.

The Food was amazing. The menu for dinner each day was one of the highlights of each morning. Dinner was always a great occassion and the wine was both of good quality and good quantity.

The Accomodation was really homely and also had a lot of distractions (Bar, Hot Tub with an amazing view of Pleney, Lounge with a ton of games and DVDs).

Not only was it a great place to stay for a Ski holiday Richard and Karen (Management) were also very accomodating, organising transfers to Geneva Airport, The Ski Rental company to come to the chalet for fittings and even for a local Sports Masseus to come up to the Chalet to put us back together after a tough few days skiing.

All in all I absolutely loved this place and will hopefully get to visit and stay again on my next trip to Morzine.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Our group of 8 were lucky enough to secure a last-minute booking at Le Mousseron for a week in late January. We are all of "a certain age" so comfort and good food were essential. The chalet is situated in a quiet part of Morzine and is accessible on skis (snow permitting) for competent skiers. However, the company minivan will take you to and from the lifts at the start and end of the skiing day, if you prefer. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to Morzine.
The chalet is extremely comfortable with plenty of sofas for relaxing in front of the log fire each evening. There is also a TV in the lounge with Sky and DVDs. Free Wifi is available. The bedrooms are spacious and well furnished, with modern bathrooms. The chalet staff, Brett and Katie, are the best we have ever found. The chalet is kept spotlessly clean and the cooking is absolutely first class, beautifully presented and in sufficiently large portions to satisfy the hungriest of skiers. The wine is of better quality than other chalets we've stayed in.
Katie and Brett are extremely helpful and really made us feel very much at home. They took us out skiing one day and were good company. Nothing was too much trouble.
Two final points: you can rent ski equipment through Mountain Lodge, which some of our group did. The equipment arrived on time and was good quality, and at the same cost as at other rental shops. And most important - even with 8 of us having showers on our return from skiing, the hot water never ran out.
A fantastic chalet in a lovely resort.

1  Thank JillieLondon
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed at the smaller chalet of the Mountain lodge accommodation in Morzine last week 21-27 January. There are not enough positive adjectives to use to describe Katie and Brett's service which was the best I have ever experienced in all catered chalets! The food was superb - Katie's cooking is creative, tasty and oh so delicious. They work silently together, supporting each other with attention to detail making them a very special couple that we are sure Richard and Karen must be so proud of. Our party of 8 all very experienced travellers, were all totally wowed by their care and quiet personal attention. We had to attend a gala evening on the last night elsewhere and we were distraught at having to eat a lower quality fare. We even wanted to bring them home with us. So in short we will have to come back and see them again! We also met Matt and Richard who were just as friendly and helpful too and the chalet was just perfect for us.

Room Tip: all the rooms looked great! The duplex has its own balcony. Each room has its own loo and showers ei...
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Just returned from 4 days at Les 4 Vents (17-20th Jan 2013) and had a great time. Richard and Karen, the owners, make you feel very welcome and couldn't do enough. The rooms are perfect, the food lovely and they ferry you around from Chalet to Piste to Après Ski and back to Chalet. Will defo be back. V impressed with Portes du Soleil ski area too..