rudechalets - Chalet Joseph
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Morzine
See available hotels
Chilly Powder(Morzine)
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Med Avoriaz(Avoriaz)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewscakeother guestslounge areadietary requirementslocal knowledgeski hireweekchaletbootsteam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Good location and great hospitality. Situated in the center, next to main lift. The chalet is hosted and catered excellent. Rudechalets is the place to be if you find hotels boring, but wants the hotel service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I've recently returned from a week skiing in Morzine, staying in Chalet
Joseph.
I wanted to write to say what an absolute credit to your company our chalet
host Mike and cook Lucy were.

Both were incredibly friendly, easy to talk to, polite and helpful. At times
it felt like they were part of our friends group away on holiday with us,
which made us all feel completely comfortable and at home in our
surroundings.

Lucy consistently prepared delicious meals for the 15 of us. Breakfast was
served hot and cold everyday and the 3 course evening meals way exceeded our
expectations. Her desserts were absolutely fantastic. All our dietary
requirements were catered for and no one ever felt hungry. It felt like we
were having a dinner party every day at our friends house. She was always
pleasant and had a great 'can do' attitude.

Mike was warm and welcoming and a jovial being. He was approachable and
again made us all feel at home. The chalet was always clean and tidy and he
never grumbled about any mess we might have made the night before. (Which on
a couple of occasions was pretty bad). He remembered all our names and again
had a great attitude.

Our other friends were staying in Chalet Petit and after hearing about their
grumbles on food and service and bad attitude from their chalet person I
felt compelled to give credit where credit is due for Lucy and Mike.

I know I speak for everyone in our Chalet when I say that both Lucy and Mike
contributed greatly to us all having a quality holiday and we all very
much appreciated them and are grateful for their hard work while we were
staying in Chalet Joseph.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Accommodation: this isn't a purpose built chalet but someone's house, infact the owner still lives there on the top floor. The rooms are tiny and the beds even smaller. There are no locks on any of the doors. Nice big boot room though, would have been better having a bed in there.

Food: Breakfast was very basic and disappointing at times especially the hot option. Dinner was good but there was no option, thankfully all was nice.

Location: Brilliant. 2min walk from Super Morzine lift (best side) or a 5min walk from Pleny lift. Located in middle of town although found the après ski not up to what was expected (not chalets fault).

Staff: Superb. Always friendly and willing to help out.

Extras: Free red and white wine, certainly drinkable and free at all times. We were provided 24 cans of Red Bull between the 16 of us for the whole week, as you can imagine this didn't last long and isn't topped up. JJ comes out and spends half a day videoing everyone on the slopes and then edits and makes a video, nice touch.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank S6kev
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A great chalet and a great company-Rude Chalets...I stayed mid January for 1 week and the layout, staff and food were all excellent. My lift passes were waiting for me when i arrived so I could go straight out skiing, and after the holiday the staff moved my luggage to my next hotel so i could again go out skiing on my last day at Joseph. The central location make it easy to get to the ski lifts, bars and shops. The boot drying room and waxing area are really convenient and the room had its own balcony overlooking the town and valley.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was my 7th trip with Rude Chalets and I am missing them already! We ALL had an amazing week, helped by loads of fresh powder to play in and the Mutzig beer in Robbos before the fabulous dinners back at the chalet. There are 3 large comfy sofas to chill on and always a yummy fresh cake when you get home after a day on the slopes. The Super Morzine lift is just a stone's throw away and if you prefer to go direct to Avoriaz then the bus stops right outside! There are shops and bars very close too with the trendy new brewery just up the road. PERFECTLY located for everything!
The staff here have been amazing and happy to help with anything we needed and the room was spacious ...all have en suite with plenty of hot water at all times.
I will definitely be going back this season :-D There are good pictures of the chalet on their website...gives you a feel for the spacious but cosy lounge area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends