“a wonderful short break-” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chalet Chambertin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Chambertin
Ranked #34 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Morzine
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“a wonderful short break-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent three nights here and found the whole 'chalet experience' absolutely perfect. Starting with the friendly organisation, on-line booking and so on; everything ran very smoothly, perfectly managed as regards travel, transfers and ski-passes etc. lifts to the ski-slopes.
The chalet itself was beautifully clean, and the food out of this world-thanks to the 'hosts' Paula and Checco, who were charming, incredibly friendly and genuinely lovely people.
Highly recommended, and very good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week in Morzine where we stayed at the Chambertin chalet. First I must say that the chalet staff, Checco and Paola, were absolutely amazing, 10 out of 10 on friendliness, cooking skills, availability, and everything else. I truly believe that we felt at home only thanks to them. We spent time together and we now consider them friends. Regarding the chalet and the facilities I have mixed feelings. Our room was small, it didn’t have a wardrobe (we lived for a week with clothes and gear all over the floor), it didn’t have a TV (however this meant bedrooms were very quiet at night), the door didn’t close properly, one could hear everything! Food was well cooked, thanks to Checco, but ingredients were low quality and dishes were strictly English style (we didn’t have a single Haute-Savoie dish all week), wine was limited to one brand of Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc ONLY! Afternoon cake was always really good. Sauna and hot-tub were great to have and we used them every single evening. Wi-Fi was limited to ground floor only which meant no online access from the bedrooms or the living room on the first floor. Chalet is 4km from Morzine but the company has a very good shuttle service both during the day and night. First few days of the week it was only us and 4 other guests, atmosphere was friendly and we felt at home. By the end of the week we were 11 strangers and I couldn’t wait to get away from them all immediately after dinner! I strongly recommend checking the type of guests expected before booking, the chalet takes up to 16 guests, including families with small children! Would I return? If I was in a big group of friends and we had the entire place for us, AND if we could eat and drink better/more local then YES. If it was my wife and I only, I’d prefer our own self-catered apartment or Hotel room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Noangel72
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful week. Excellent food and cheerful staff with a 'can do' attitude. Nothing was too much trouble from booking to arrival and departure.

The chalet is slightly out of town in a pretty and quiet valley with a river. We were taken to our lifts (any of the lifts locally) by mini bus and picked up when we wanted. We mostly met in the MM hotel as this was convenient. The lift service was very convenient particularly to go to the further away lifts such as Ardent.

Top tips:
The local French nursery L'Outa is excellent.
The local French Restaurant was magical.
Our favourite mountain restaurant was at the top of the Zore lift (go up Super Morzine first), 25yards down the Seraussaix run the right hand side. The views on a sunny day are fantastic. On a snowy day it is a nice place to be indoors and they do good pizzas and have a decent children's menu for €8
It costs less money to buy a 5 day pass and then a day pass for Saturday than to buy a six day pass!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've just returned from my first ever catered chalet skiing holiday and I can't recommend Mountain Mavericks highly enough. I worked in the hospitality industry for many years and like to think I know what good service is. Mountain Mavericks has it in spades!

From my initial enquiry right through to return transfer to the airport, my friend and I were looked after beautifully. Rowena answered all my questions by email quickly and in good humor, she clearly cares about the well being of her guests and wants the lead up to the holiday to be as good as the actual break.

Tory, Laurence and Jay, our lovely drivers in resort were always at our drop off and pick-up points in good time and importantly happy to be slightly flexible if we were a little later than arranged (over-estimating our ability in getting down the home-run!)

Our chalet chef, Gheko and hostess, Paula were incredible! Nothing was too much trouble for them and every request was met with swift, efficient service and big smiles! They both worked so hard to make sure we were well looked after, the food was delicious, far better than in some restaurants I've eaten in. They both clearly cared about doing a good job and took lots of pride in it too.

It was great to meet Chris, the resort manager who was happy to give advice on the local area and was always up-beat and happy, and Emma and Olly, the owners of the company too.

Chalet Chambertin, although a little way out of town, is always warm, clean and well looked after. Being outside town wasn't a problem at all, anytime we needed a lift somewhere or needed to be collected, it was arranged for us. In addition, there's a bus-stop right outside the chalet and a 5 minute free bus ride took us to Nyon ski lift while a 7 minute ride took us into the centre of town - easy! Well thought out additions such as the gorgeously soft bed linen, Ren toiletries in the bathrooms and the well stocked honesty bar made this holiday something really special for me.

There's plenty of space in the chalet to escape somewhere quiet if you're sharing with people you don't know (as we were this time).

Over-all, a fantastic experience with a warm, friendly and efficient company. I hope to be visiting again very soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Indie12
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

In the past I have not been very good at reviewing accommodation before making a booking. However this time I did and was not disappointed. My initial fear of being outside of the village was soon allayed when we were informed that we would be dropped off and picked up whenever we needed this. This was important because although Morzine is quite low it does provide a portal to some great skiing areas, both on and off piste.

The rooms were charming, though hanging space was a little limited. The jacuzzi and sauna were an added bonus, the ability to chill out after a full day of skiing with reallly friendly staff, a delicious meal followed by a large supply of DVD's made for a fantastic week.

Mike was always on hand to create delicious meals, wine was aplenty and Claire & Tory were always around with a cheerful smile to help with anything we needed.

I can't thank you all enough for making what could have been a wet and miserable week into one of great skiing and lovely company.

Well done to you all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MalvenaST
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

It's a nice chalet, a bit out of town but the mini bus service was excellent and made it really easy to explore the area as they dropped us off at any of the main lifts. The chalet staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and the place was always lovely and warm with plenty of space to dry out everyone's gear.

Personally while I found the food better than average and certainly better than the main chain chalet operators I don't think it lived up to the billing on their website. They promoted it as being very foodie and with a professional chef overseen by an executive chef, in my view it wasn't that good.

The other disappointing area for me which wouldn't be relevant for most people is that we booked it on their baby friendly week via 'baby friendly bolt holes' and it wasn't as baby friendly as they had said. I personally think that this is due to the fact that the owners are no longer running it and while the chalet staff were excellent they weren't parents or experienced with kids so there were some areas that they didn't manage very well. E.g. I was told that there would be baby sleeping bags available but they made up the cot with a duvet, I was also told there would be a purée made for every meal but there wasn't and some of the food my baby couldn't manage - they rectified it very quickly each time but I had hoped not to have to organise things like that. Also it was a travel cot rather than a proper cot and I think a week is a long time for a baby to sleep in a travel cot.

Overall the highlight was the fantastic staff and it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

10 Blokes, 40 and over, egotistical, opinionated, craggy and p... heads.....what a great holiday!
Mike, (chef) great chef...maybe too much brioche, but the boy can cook, and he can cook a cake every day for tea...very good work!
Claire (chalet girl) pleasant, informative and chatty...top marks...Tori...was great whilst she was there, she skived off to a wedding so she gets away with it...Stevie...the smiler...cant mention on here, but lovely fella..and Chris "situation" was fantastically organised!
All in all i cant say a bad word...looked after brilliantly...Emma was also great, very accommodating helped out with my crap skiing...
Well done guys