“Cheese heaven.”

Ranked #28 of 168 Restaurants in Morzine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Like cheese? You'll love this restaurant. The cheese plate for lunch is varied and delicious especially with a glass of red wine.The 4 cheese pizza just melts in your mouth and is enough for lunch the next day.Even the veal chop is cooked with cheese and again,is more than enough for dinner.Also the staff will prepare dinner if you arrive very early without complaint.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Having just returned from Morzine I can appreciate the comment below. Being a Scotsman living in Yorkshire I like a bit of value. As we went by the restaurant at lunchtime I noticed a sign saying 'Formule Express' 16.5Euro. The Pizzas range in price from about 9Euro to 15Euros so this seemed a bit of a bargain. The table menus did not mention the Express deal and the waitress's also seemed not to be aware of it but in the end it was ordered. The first course was a house salad - delicious, the second course was a mixed grill - delicious and the final course was a chocolate mousse which was again delicious, served with ice cream and sweet crackers. So if you have a chance go for this lunchtime set meal - if its still available.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I ate here twice with my partner in August 2013.

On our first trip we ate a very strange meal. My starter was mozzarella and tomato and was delicious (though there was lots of it!). My main was pork chops, which were nice. However, all of the mains come with so many assorted odd bits of food that you don't know where to start. A shot of carrot juice came with both of our mains and my partner's starter. The oddest thing af all was a pile of red mush and a pile of green mush. Both of these were utterly vile and inedible. I cannot believe that had the chef tasted the food he would have served these up - they were only small sides, but they could easily be classed as crimes against cuisine.

We went back a second, time believe it or not, as we saw that the restaurant had a traditional wood fired pizza oven. The pizzas were good, but not as thin and crispy as we had hoped for.

The rather surly waitresses are worth a mention. Odd, as the bar over the road is under the same management and the service there was very friendly and quick.

This place is an experience!

1  Thank gth01
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a very busy restaurant in Morzine. The menu is quite unusual, but worth trying stuff you have not heard of before! Lots of unusual decor as well. you will not be short of things to talk about in this place.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We first visited this restaurant three years ago, casually selecting it at random from the large number of eateries in Route de la Plange in Morzine. We ordered a pizza, and after eating it, this place was engraved in our culinary minds forever.

Fast forward to today, and having journeyed 1,100km to Annecy, we made it a point to purposely drive a further 60km to Morzine and finally pay another visit to La Chamade ... and we weren't disappointed.

We intentionally ordered the same pizzas and I can vouch that the product has improved where no improvement was imaginable. I don't like sweeping statements, but for me, this place offers the best pizza in Europe, and probably the entire universe!! I won't express in words the taste and quality of the dough, the tomato base and its fillings, because that would be an exercise in futility.

Our only regret is that we haven't yet tasted the other items on the a la carte menu, which we are sure are as mouthwatering. We did enjoy dessert, which was simply divine! Loved it!

La Chamade is in a league of its own. Top class dining, regrettably so far far away, in the heart of Morzine!