This is certainly not a hotel for a longer stay. There is not much around it and the hotel itself is a bit dated. But it has EVERYTHING for a short stay on a longer trip to somewhere else. It's also in a short enough driving distance to Lyon's old town to see something if you have time.
What I like
- Covered parking (11 EUR)
- Price (59 EUR for a 3 bed room for my family... room 414)
- Large room
- Separate half and large full bathroom
- Fast and free internet
- Easy access from the highway
- Quiet setup for a good night sleep
- Large TV
- High water pressure shower (nice!)
- Clean rooms
What I didn't like
- long walk from the garage to the reception especially with luggage. Make sure you park on the second level of the garage to have easier access to the elevators
- although this is a non smoking setup there is smoke smell coming out of the air conditioner. Not sure why but it was recognized by both my wife and myself
- Surroundings of the hotel has not much to offer
- Everything dated but that also explains the low price.
I would certainly stay here again if I stop over for one night on my way to Spain like this time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel des Congres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Congres Hotel
- Des Congres Villeurbanne